Du'a a private matter?

sultanb

:salam2:

With the booming of social networking sites, people share almost everything, including their du'a.

For example (making it up), "O Allah, I hope to get the job I applied for." And then people would comment ameen, good luck! or click likes.

"Call upon your Lord in humility and privately; indeed, He does not like transgressors." Al-A'raf (7.55)

Would this ayat then categorize that people who call to Allah out loud, status and tweets included, as going beyond what is prescribed?

strive-may-i

:salam2:

With the booming of social networking sites, people share almost everything, including their du'a.

For example (making it up), "O Allah, I hope to get the job I applied for." And then people would comment ameen, good luck! or click likes.

"Call upon your Lord in humility and privately; indeed, He does not like transgressors." Al-A'raf (7.55)

Would this ayat then categorize that people who call to Allah out loud, status and tweets included, as going beyond what is prescribed?

Walaikum Salaam
Always there is a middle ground, right?

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam 'aleykum,

This is an interesting question since it's become such a common thing nowadays..
Hope we can get some insight inshAllaah

UP

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Good to see you posting.

I came across this:. Abu Bakr as-Siddiq was heard to say, "The supplication of a brother in Allah is answered." This is from Bukhari