Du'a for dying grandmother

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
AS Salaamu Alaykum
My grandmother is dying (she'll probably be dead in a couple of weeks/months) and she has Dementia. So, even if someone did go and preach to her Islam, she wouldn't understand has she's mentally insane.

Am I allowed to make Du'a for her? That Allah (SWT) will give her a chance to learn Islam? She's from the Southern U.S. and was Baptist for her whole life, so she most likely has never heard of Islam aside from being "terrorism".

Abu Abdullah Al

May Allah have mercy on us all

Dear Brother,
:salam2:
We pray to Allah to have mercy on us all. You can make du'a to Allah askingn him to have mercy on your dying grandmother and to make her death less painful. Sometimes its hard to see people we love not following the path of Allah but we can only hope that Allah's mercy will extend to us and those we love.
Our prophet :saw: had a favourite unlce who brought him up after the death fo his father. This uncle was called Abu Talib, the father of Ali but for some reason, Abu Talib declined the prophet's invitation to embrace Islam and kept his pagan ways. Upon his death, the prophet was sad that his uncle was not going to die a Muslims and he tried to make him say Shahada and that when Allah sent the following revelation:
لاتهدي من احببت ان الله يهدي من يشاء
which can be transalted as Do not seek to guide those who you love, Allah will guide those who are willing to be guided.
So brother, Allah has given us the ability to chose which path we want to follow as he says in the Quran وهديناه النجدين which means 'We have given him (man) the option of choice'
We can only hope that Allah will have mercy on us all and his mercy will also extend to include those we love..
:astag:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Till a person is dead as a nonbeliever, we can pray to Allah to have mercy on him and bless him with the Deen of Islam. Since your Grandma is alive , you can surely make due from Allah SWT to bless her with the 'Naymah' (blessing) of Islam.

Wassalaam,
VE

maymun

asalaamu aliakum
insha allah i'll make dua for your grandmother
may allah <swt> guide her to islam ameen
ameen
Yaa rahim save us from jahannam and reward us with jannah
ameen ameen