Dua Qunut

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

The messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) used to recite Du'a al-Qunoot during Salat al-Fajr, Witr and sometimes during other prayers throughout the year. It is one of those Sunnahs (Prophetic traditions) which, unfortunately today has been deserted by many Muslims, despite the fact that he (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) would make Qunoot regularly.

Al-Qunoot has many linguistic meanings, such as humility, obedience and devotion. However, it is more understood to be a special du'a which is recited during the prayer.

It has been narrated in Abu Dawud that the messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) used to recite al-Qunoot whenever a major difficulty or disaster befell the Muslims.

He would perform the Qunoot in the last Rak'ah of the Salah after performing Ruku and saying 'Sami'Allahu liman hamidah' (Allah listens to those who praise him); then put hands across navel/chest or raise hands (whilst still focusing on the place of Sujud) and supplicate the Qunoot, after which He would make Sujud and conclude the prayer.

Du'a qunoot is recommended to be recited in the Witr prayer. The Witr prayer, according to Imam Abu Hanifah is wajib (obligation). The other Imams consider the Witr prayer as Sunnah Mu'akkadah. It can be offered after the Isha prayer right up to the break of dawn. Below is a collection of the various du'a qunut that may be recited.

53a.jpg

54a.jpg

Allahumma inna nasta'inuka wa nastaghfiruka, wa nu'minu bika, wa natawwakkalu alayika, wa nusni alayikal khaira, wa nashkuruka wa la nakforuka wa nakhla'u wa natruku manyafjoruk. Allahumma iyyaka na'budu wa laka nusalli wa nasjudu wa ilayika nasa wa nahfidu, wa narju Rahmataka wa nakhsha 'adhzabaka; inna adhabaka al-jidda bi al-kuffari mulhiq

O Allah! We seek Your assistance and ask for Your guidance, and we beseech Your forgiveness and return to You in repentance. We cherish faith in You and place our trust in You. We attribute all goodness to You. We are grateful to You and refuse to be ungrateful to You. We abandon and forsake all those who reject You. O Allah, You alone we worship, unto You alone we pray; unto You alone we prostrate, and for You alone we strive. Unto You alone we flee for refuge. We cherish hope in Your mercy and we fear Your retribution. Verily, Your punishment is bound to catch up with those who reject the truth.

abu Dawud, ibn Majah, an-Nasa'i, at-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, ad-Darimi, al-Hakim, al-Bayhaqi
اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْت، وَعَافِنِي فِيِمَنْ عَافَيْتَ، وَتَوَلَّنِي فِمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ، وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أعْطَيْتَ، وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ، فَإنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ، إنَّهُ لا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ، [َوَلا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ]، تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَ تَعَالَيْتَ

Allahumm-ahdinii fiman hadait, wa 'afini fiman 'aafait, wa tawallani fiman tawwallait, wa barik li fima a'atait, wa qini sharra ma qadaiyta, fainnaka taqdhi wa la yuqdha 'alaika, innahu la yadhillu man walaiyt, [wa la yai'izzu man 'aadait] tabarakta Rabbana wa ta'aalaita

O Allah! Guide me with those whom You have Guided, and strengthen me with those whom You have given strength, take me to Your care with those whom You have taken to Your care, Bless me in what You have given me, Protect me from the evil You have Ordained. Surely You Command and are not commanded, and non whom You have committed to Your care shall be humiliated [and non whom You have Taken as an enemy shall taste glory]. You are Blessed, our Lord, and Exhalted.

abu Dawud, ibn Majah, an-Nasa'i, at-Tirmidhi, Ahmad
اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أعُوذُ بِرِ ضَاكَ مِنْ سَخَطِكَ، وَبِمُعَافَاتِكَ مِنْ عُقُوبَتِكَ، وَأعُوذُبِكَ مِنْكَ، لا أُحْصِي ثَنَاءً عَلَيْكَ، أنْتَ كَمَا أثْنَيْتَ عَلَى نَفْسِكَ

Allahumma inni a'udhubika bi ridhaaka min sakhatika, wa bi mu'aa-faatika min 'uqubatika, wa a'udhubika minka, la uhsi thana'an 'alaika, anta Kama athnayta 'ala nafsika

O Allah! I seek Refuge with Your Pleasure from Your Anger. I seek refuge in Your Forgiveness from Your Punishment. I seek refuge in You from You. I cannot count Your Praises, You are as You have Praised Yourself.

:wasalam:

dianne

Salam brother,

اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْت، وَعَافِنِي فِيِمَنْ عَافَيْتَ، وَتَوَلَّنِي فِمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ، وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أعْطَيْتَ، وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ، فَإنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ، إنَّهُ لا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ، [َوَلا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ]، تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَ تَعَالَيْتَ

Yes i use to follow this one,this subuh when i was on first rakaat to start praying,Only Allah swt knows,Iblis try to disturb me when i recite those.but not other surah like iftitah/fatihah,its only surah qunut-he try to play with my recite so many time,ya allah i just cry when i stand on 1st rakaat.may allah forgive me!

wassalam