DUA to grant JANNAH for the DEAD

shaheen_shan

Assalam alikum dear brothers and sisters!!

My grand mother has passed away( INNALILLAHI WA INNA ILAIHI RAJIOUN).

Can anybody provide DUA to grant her JANNAT-UL-FIRDOUS?

What Can I Do to make her soul reside in peace!! ( DUA, SALAH, ZAKAT)

Im sorry am ignorant of the things , bu tI wanted to do something from my End

Thanks
Shaheen

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa alaikumassalaam,
Innalillahi wa inna ilayha raji'un,
May Allah grant maghfirah to your grandmother and grant her jannatul firdaus.Ameen.
We can just pray to Allah for those who have left us to grant them forgiveness ,mercy and jannatul firdaus.I dont know if there is any specific dua to be said.You can simply ask Allah to grant them jannatul firdaus.(If I am wrong may Allah forgive me and brothers and sisters please correct).It is said that when a person dies and his/her relative invoke for him/her,a scented gentle breeze from heaven comes to their grave.
Allah knows best.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah wa'Barakatuh,

Indeed, to Allah we belong and to Him we shall return.

May Allah have mercy on her and make it easy for her in the stages of the hereafter and give your family patience during this difficult time Ameen.

As stated by the brother, make supplication that Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) makes it easy for your grandmother in the grave, have mercy on her and grant her Jannat-ul-Firdaws. Ask Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) by calling on Him by His Most Beautiful Names (for example, Ar-Raheem, Ar-Rahmaan, Al-Ghafoor, Al-Azeez, Al-Qawee, Al-Wahhaab), only He is the One that we should ask for help (check the link below that lists the Names of Allah and their meanings). Ask Allah the Almighty to have mercy on your grandmother at the times the Prophet :saw: told us. For example in the last third of the night especially in this blessed month of Ramadaan, when prostrating in your Salaah, before tasleem (i.e., ending the Salaah) and after Salaah.

Ibn Mas'ood narrates I was once praying, and The Prophet :saw:, Abu Bakr and Umar (were all present). When I sat down (in the final tashahhud), I praised Allah, then sent salaams on the Prophet :saw:, then started praying for myself. At this, the Prophet :saw: said:

'Ask, and you shall be given it! Ask, and you shall be given it!

(Tirmidhi, #593. There is a similar narration in Saheeh Muslim although worded slightly differently and I remember reading something similar in Bulugh-ul-Maram).

I hope this brief information helps.

Link to Allah's Most Beautiful Names:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=403961#post403961