Official TTI Chef
Ingredients for quick snack garlic bread recipe
1 Premade Pizza Base
3 Garlic Cloves (crushed/grated)
1 Tbsp Margarine
Pinch Dried Basil
Pinch Salt
Water

First feel the texture of your premade pizza base, if it is dry they run cold water over the top of it by running it under the tap.

Place onto a pizza tray with holes.

Mix together the garlic, basil and margarine.

Rub the butter all over the pizza base.

Top with sliced tomatoes, sprinkle with salt.

Place into a hot oven (225C - 250C) for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Now your delicious quick garlic bread is ready, slice and serve.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Heyy, I think I can actually make this one...

I rarely visit the food section because most of the foods/sweets are way out of my league, with their exotic names and ingredients and whatnot. :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam:
love eating garlic bread especially with delicious mushroom soup ~masha'allah!
94846.jpg
5276932120.jpg

Subhanallah

Yummy!

Thank you for sharing this recipe,
Take care,
~Wassalam :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Heyy, I think I can actually make this one...

I rarely visit the food section because most of the foods/sweets are way out of my league, with their exotic names and ingredients and whatnot. :)

Hehe. I was thinking this recipe is in category "super easy". ;)

Umm Abdullah

Lol, sister, not for me... I'm terrible when it comes to cooking. I'm still trying to master the art of making tea. :redface:

I've been there :SMILY198: Ukthii I used to be terrible at cooking, and I used to avoide the kitchen as much as possible:biggrin: One thing I've learned the hard way is that if you do not step inside the kicthen, you'll never improve your cooking skills :p I've been cooking for my family these couple of months, and I can already see how much I've improved alhamdulillah. The moral of the story is Just Do It;)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
I've been there :SMILY198: Ukthii I used to be terrible at cooking, and I used to avoide the kitchen as much as possible:biggrin: One thing I've learned the hard way is that if you do not step inside the kicthen, you'll never improve your cooking skills :p I've been cooking for my family these couple of months, and I can already see how much I've improved alhamdulillah. The moral of the story is Just Do It;)

Lol, ukht! I still cook sometimes...like once a week. =) When I do cook something, it turns out great for some reason--the look though, not the taste. =P
Ohh you should make a thread about this in the sisters section, and I'll share a few funny incidents from my cooking experience there ;]

"Just Do It!" I like that. Inshaa'Allaah, will definitely continue experimenting.

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
It's not helped by the fact I can cook/bake really well, and often come to this section for recipe ideas.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Don't worry sister Janaan... I used to be practically zero in the cooking department when I was younger. I remember the time when the only thing I could make was tea.... and ramen noodles/store-pasta where all you do is add water and boil. Oh, and I was pretty skilled in baking a frozen pizza or frying frozen french fries. And that was about it.

But then I used to get scolded so much by my mother, and all my friends knew how to cook. So I slowly began easy home dishes, until I learned them all. Now I actually *love* trying new recipes. (I can now bake better than my mother alhamdulillah and read off a new recipe more successfully). Strangely, I don't like eating that much though...

It only takes practice and time, and a will to learn. That's it. If somebody like me who is not that skilled at things can learn to cook, anybody can.

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Don't worry sister Janaan... I used to be practically zero in the cooking department when I was younger. I remember the time when the only thing I could make was tea.... and ramen noodles/store-pasta where all you do is add water and boil. Oh, and I was pretty skilled in baking a frozen pizza or frying frozen french fries. And that was about it.

But then I used to get scolded so much by my mother, and all my friends knew how to cook. So I slowly began easy home dishes, until I learned them all. Now I actually *love* trying new recipes. (I can now bake better than my mother alhamdulillah and read off a new recipe more successfully). Strangely, I don't like eating that much though...

It only takes practice and time, and a will to learn. That's it. If somebody like me who is not that skilled at things can learn to cook, anybody can.

I'd also add that when a lot of people tell me that they can't cook or bake, it's because their expectation is that you need 100 different ingredients to cook tasty food, along eith several hours, when in reality recipes such as the one in the OP prove that you can make good food quickly and cheaply, with few ingredients and with simple preparation methods.

There's been something of a revival of quick-to-prepare recipes over here, and several chefs such as Jamie Oliver have published books such as '30 Minute Meals' which basically instruct you in making 3 courses meals in half an hour.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
^^ That´s very true but you need to be good cook before you can make tasty food by just few ingredients. Need to know what ingredients are good together etc.

I owe a lot of my knowledge in the kitchen to my grandparents; when I was kid, under 10 or something, they had allways time to advice me with cooking and baking.

I still remember taste of simple brown sauce what my grandpap made about 40 years ago... :)