Eating late in the morning when fasting.

tolgatemur

Salam Aleykum brothers and sisters.

I have been fasting in Ramazan month. My grandady got me woke up 1 hour later than imsak hour in the morning. He convinced me that there is no problem in eating 1 hour later than Azaan. He is religious men praying 5 time a day. Because I believed him I started fasting 1 hour late.

It is the 28th day of Ramazan. I am now pretty anxious that my fasting ended. I hope my fasting didnt ended now.

Ershad

I have been fasting in Ramazan month. My grandady got me woke up 1 hour later than imsak hour in the morning. He convinced me that there is no problem in eating 1 hour later than Azaan. He is religious men praying 5 time a day. Because I believed him I started fasting 1 hour late.

It is the 28th day of Ramazan. I am now pretty anxious that my fasting ended. I hope my fasting didnt ended now.

:wasalam:

Dear brother,

If it wasn't dawn yet then your fast is still valid.
It is obligatory for the fasting person to refrain from things which break the fast from the true dawn until the sun sets. What it means is when dawn breaks, not the adhaan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night)”

[al-Baqarah 2:187]

Please refer the link for more information: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/66202

Jazakallahu Khair!

strive-may-i

:salam2:

How old are you?

Due respect to your grand-dad , he was doing it out of sheer affection and love. so dont have any negative opinion on your grand dad. Make him aware you too have a duty towards Almighty, just like him, you want to please Almighty too :)

For most pious Muslims Fajr Aazaan is the STOP signal. (FAjr Aazaan is right on time usually.). The dawn start rule applies always. Its good not to delay sahr, avoid eating till the boundary time. From now onwards you can be strict about it, since you were not fully aware until now, seek Almighty Allahs forgiveness, Allah might forgive you, seek his mercy.

And incase you strongly feel you wronged by eating 1 hour late, you would do good by compensating for it. Are you older than 15?

Hope this helps!