Edgar Cayce's Assoc. for Research and Englightenment

dianek

Salaam! I have come across many people, particularirly Unitarian Churchgoers who sing the praises of the the Edgar Cayce's Association ofr Research and Elnlightenment. I know that he was a man who while in deep sleep was believed to give major prophecies supposedly revealed to him by God. He was very spiritual. They have a center in VA Beach and I have been invited to attend many times. I am not sure if you would call them a religious group as much as you would say a "spiritual group"......Check out their site and let me know what you think and if I should run the other way.....I admit though...I am curious.

http://edgarcayce.org/personalspirituality/

Salaam sister Diane,

I don't know what kind of mystical meditation they exercise, but I'd rather not participate with them. Most Unitarians reject the concept of the trinity but also deny the divinity of Prophet Isa (pbuh). They believe he was just a moral teacher. You see they reject Christianity, in that Jesus is not God, and they reject Islam because they don't believe he was a prophet of God.

They are good hearted people but they are also confused, because each one of them will give you different views about different persons or beliefs.

Everything you need, Allah swt has given you. For the record, Muhammad (saw) was the seal of the prophets.

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of God and the Seal of the prophets. And God is ever Knower of all things."
(33:40)

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Salaam! I have come across many people, particularirly Unitarian Churchgoers who sing the praises of the the Edgar Cayce's Association ofr Research and Elnlightenment. I know that he was a man who while in deep sleep was believed to give major prophecies supposedly revealed to him by God. He was very spiritual. They have a center in VA Beach and I have been invited to attend many times. I am not sure if you would call them a religious group as much as you would say a "spiritual group"......Check out their site and let me know what you think and if I should run the other way.....I admit though...I am curious.

http://edgarcayce.org/personalspirituality/

Sister this group is related to astrology and as you said that the man was shown prophecies (obviously, by Shaytaan).

Following hadith related to visiting them:
from Kitaab-ut-Tawheed by Shaykh Muhammad Bin Adul Wahhab
"Whoever goes to a fortune teller and asks him something and believed in his words has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad peace be upon him".

I would say don't go there, unless you want intend to give them dawah.

dianek

LOL!!! Well they are giving away a free spa treatment.......I could slide in some dawah during that......anyhow, thanks all....guess i will turn down my latest offer....