Eid falls on Friday must one pray Friday prayer??

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
What to do if ‘Eid falls on a Friday?

Eid falls on Friday must one pray Jumah

Question:

If ”Eid Al-/ Fitr or Eid Al-Adha fell on Friday, . In this case what should be done? Should we pray Zuhr if we dont offer the Friday prayer, or is there no requirement for it if we do not perform the Friday prayer?

Answer:

Whoever prayed the Eid prayer on Friday, it is permitted for him not to attend the Friday prayer on that day, except for the Imam, for he is obliged to perform it for whoever wishes to attend it -be they from among those who attended the Eid prayer , or those who did not attend it . If no one attends the Friday prayer , he is relieved of its obligation and he should offer the Zhur prayer. In saying this, the scholars cite as evidence the narration of Abu Dawud in his Sunan, on the authority of Iyyas bin Abi Ramlah Ash-Shami, who said : I witnessed Mu’awiyyah bin Abi Sufyan, may Allah be pleased with him , asking Zaid bin Arqam: Did you witness two Eids falling on the same day with the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alayhe was salaam ? He said : Yes . He asked : ” And what did he do ? He replied : ” He offered the Eid prayer , then he gave permission for those who wished, to perform the Friday prayer , saying : Whoever wants to pray, then let him pray . (Abu Dawud no . 1070)

Also cited as evidence is the narration of Abu Dawud in his Sunan, on the authority of Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, from the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alayhe was salaam , which states that he said : Two Eids have fallen on this day, so whoever wished, it will siffice him instead of the Friday prayer; and we are offering the Friday prayer.( Abu Dawud no 1074)

This proves that it is allowed on Fridays for those who have attended the Eid prayer not to perform the Friday prayer , but that the Imam is not excused, because he sallallahu alayhe was salaam said : And we are offering the Friday prayer.

Also cited as evidence is the narration of Muslim, on the authority of An-Nu’man bin Bashir, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet sallallahu alayhe was salaam used to recite Surah Al-A’la and Surah Al-Ghashiyah in the Eid prayers and the Friday prayers and he might have prayed both of them one day and recited them in both prayers ( Muslim no 878) So whoever does not attend the Friday prayer from among those who have prayed the Eid prayer, he must pray it as Zhur , in accordance with the evidences which prove that it is obligatory to offer the Zhur prayer for those who do not attend the Friday Prayer .

And may peace and blessings be upon our Prophet, Muhammad and upon his family and Companions.

[Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts
Fatawa Islamiyah Vol. 2 Pgs 453-454]

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Jazaakillaahu khayran! An excellent and necessary post. Did you actually transcribe this from the book?

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
As-salaamu `alaykum

Jazaakillaahu khayran! An excellent and necessary post. Did you actually transcribe this from the book?

:wasalam: akhi
Ameen, wa iyyaka.
No akhi I didnt transcribe this from the book. I'm suscribed to a group called "The Way of the Salaf us-Saalih‏". They have kindly passed on the information. May Allah Ta'ala reward them for thier righteous work, ameen.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Ameen. I'm going to sticky this for a period of time inshaa' Allaah. A very important fatwa based upon proof. I can't imagine what people will come up with concerning this affair, if people don't attend jumu`ah. Barak Allaahu feeki.

Idris16

Eid al-Adha will be on a friday :inshallah: so I have to bump this thread.

If Eid al-Fitr coincides with Friday, is it permissible for me to pray the Eid prayer and not to pray Jumu’ah or vice versa?

Praise be to Allaah.

If the day of Eid coincides with Friday, then whoever prays Eid with the imaam does not have to attend Jumu’ah (it is not obligatory on him); in his case it becomes Sunnah. If he does not pray Jumu’ah, he has to pray Zuhr. This is in the case of people other than the imaam. As for the imaam, he has to be present for Jumu’ah and lead those Muslims who attend the prayer. The Jumu’ah prayer should not be forsaken completely on this day.

Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/7857/eid coincides

The Quran say

Mash Allah very nice post in your thread. Good Question you ask and good answer. I am agree with your answer. Jazak Allah