english translated cartoons

elmardi8

Salam Alaikum. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find stories of the prophets translated to english.I would love to have my children watch them. They need to learn in arabic as well insha allah but for now i want them to understand it in english. If anyone could help i would appreciate it.:hijabi: Thank you.

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Walaikum Assalaam

you can not make cartoons of the prophets its stricly prophibited in islam. you can buy some story books of prophet is islam.. and read it to them like bed time stories or something.

if you want then we can help you get some E-book for that matter.

Salaam Allaikum

elmardi8

Thank you for replying.It is prohibited to do cartoons of the prophets in any language or just in english? In the home page it has arabic cartoons of the prophets thats why i asked about english. Thank you so much. I am still learning.

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Thank you for replying.It is prohibited to do cartoons of the prophets in any language or just in english? In the home page it has arabic cartoons of the prophets thats why i asked about english. Thank you so much. I am still learning.

Assalaam Allaikum

I Appologise sister, i may have sound little harsh but it is prophibited to make cartoons of the prophets(AS) regardless of languages . two logical reasons are

1. if you make cartoons or pictures like potrait then you may start worshippping like cristians have done

2. the role of prophets is so much of higher that no one can match there personality and atthtude and all. and making cartoons is like disgrace to any prophet (AS)

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

There are a numer of cartoon stories about Prophet (SAW) in which he is not depicted but the story is continued indirectly telling about Prophet SAW , just like the movie "The Message".

The sister is asking about those Islamic stories. There are some English stories in google video.

Here is the story of Prophet SAW:

[vg]-1032669194494713979[/vg]

Here are some other Islamic stories:

[vg]-1790877653830860287[/vg]

[vg]7985624180015125459[/vg]

[vg]4841369880154338649[/vg]

[vg]4897952191553400111[/vg]

Wassalaam,

VE

Assalaam Allaikum

I Appologise sister, i may have sound little harsh but it is prophibited to make cartoons of the prophets(AS) regardless of languages . two logical reasons are

1. if you make cartoons or pictures like potrait then you may start worshippping like cristians have done

2. the role of prophets is so much of higher that no one can match there personality and atthtude and all. and making cartoons is like disgrace to any prophet (AS)

Noor to shine

:salam2: brothers and sisters:

I think that it is time for muslems to produce Islamic cartoon ...........for sure not showing the prophet:saw2: or the Sahaba ....but teaching Islamic values like:

being sincere to Allah swt and loving him more than any thing
loving the prophet :saw2: the most love
Truthfullness
Modesty
Choosing good words
importance of prayer
how to have good characters in general
being good to Parents
how to forgive others
To help others

and all the other important islamic values

I think this needs a group of workers and enough money.......This project will be of great value in raising a better genarations.(and inshAllah rewarded by Allah swt).....now our children are educated negative way by availble cartoons.......some contain some good but mostly no good in them.

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
:salam2: brothers and sisters:

I think that it is time for muslems to produce Islamic cartoon ...........for sure not showing the prophet:saw2: or the Sahaba ....but teaching Islamic values like:

being sincere to Allah swt and loving him more than any thing
loving the prophet :saw2: the most love
Truthfullness
Modesty
Choosing good words
importance of prayer
how to have good characters in general
being good to Parents
how to forgive others
To help others

and all the other important islamic values

I think this needs a group of workers and enough money.......This project will be of great value in raising a better genarations.(and inshAllah rewarded by Allah swt).....now our children are educated negative way by availble cartoons.......some contain some good but mostly no good in them.

Walaikum Assalaam

sister there are cartoons made to explain such things its just that you cant show prophets and shabaas in those cartoons . Although there have been a movie out there approved by AL Azhaar University of Cairo(Egypt) which is like cartoon version of the Message. But i am against it and so are many people because they show cartoons of the saahabaas. but if you want to see cartoons explaining islam then ya i have one series in arabic language. These things can be found in saudia Arabia for kids but i think they only sell Arabic language Cartoons.

Noor to shine

Walaikum Assalaam

sister there are cartoons made to explain such things its just that you cant show prophets and shabaas in those cartoons . Although there have been a movie out there approved by AL Azhaar University of Cairo(Egypt) which is like cartoon version of the Message. But i am against it and so are many people because they show cartoons of the saahabaas. but if you want to see cartoons explaining islam then ya i have one series in arabic language. These things can be found in saudia Arabia for kids but i think they only sell Arabic language Cartoons.

:salam2: brother:
I think that new muslems with experience in (making cartoons) can participate in such efforts and it is a good idea to try to make it on a wider range in and outside saudia Arabia .

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
:salam2: brother:
I think that new muslems with experience in (making cartoons) can participate in such efforts and it is a good idea to try to make it on a wider range in and outside saudia Arabia .

Walaikum Assalaam

Yes, if they show about morals in islam like gebat , sincerity and all.

but the best way is always to tell the stories yourself to your kids. Because this is how i learned many things when i was kid specially the thing about dajjaal(Antichrist) kind of scared me and in my experience this makes much greater impact then watching cartoons. Because it creats love between parent and child and mantains a nice relashionship between them. This way can be even good to guide the little ones because they will surley question a lot to the parents and is nice oppurtunity to tell them as they grow up and looking at the society these days its best to have that kind of relashionship that the prophet Muhammed (SAWS) had with his Kids.

Salaam Allaikum

Noor to shine

Walaikum Assalaam

Yes, if they show about morals in islam like gebat , sincerity and all.

but the best way is always to tell the stories yourself to your kids. Because this is how i learned many things when i was kid specially the thing about dajjaal(Antichrist) kind of scared me and in my experience this makes much greater impact then watching cartoons. Because it creats love between parent and child and mantains a nice relashionship between them. This way can be even good to guide the little ones because they will surley question a lot to the parents and is nice oppurtunity to tell them as they grow up and looking at the society these days its best to have that kind of relashionship that the prophet Muhammed (SAWS) had with his Kids.

Salaam Allaikum

You are right: it is very important to have this relashionship .....but the problem is that now TV has more attraction on kids.

IslamIsPerfect

MAY ALLAH BLESS THE MUSLIM UMMAH

:muslim_child: Asalamu-alaykum-warahmayullahi-wabarakatuh
brothers and sisters i was just wondring if it's possible 2 download this videos?? if yes, how?
thankx
M'salam peace be with u all

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
:muslim_child: Asalamu-alaykum-warahmayullahi-wabarakatuh
brothers and sisters i was just wondring if it's possible 2 download this videos?? if yes, how?
thankx
M'salam peace be with u all

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Yes it is absolutely possible to download these videos.

Just go to the google of youtube's page of that specific video and copy the URL from the addressbar (the whole link from the address bar) and go to www.keepvid.com and paste the link there. Then select google or youtube from the options and click download.
It will give you download link. Click and download the flv (flash video) , save the video with ".flv" extention.

Watch the video using flv player.

Wassalaam

Method to Download the Videos​

We can download any video in google or youtube using www.keepvid.com

1- Open any video in youtube or google. Copy the complete URL from the browser's addressbar (example URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHujiWd49l4).

2- Open www.keepvid.com and paste that link which you had copied in step 1.

3- select the google/youtube option on the combo box.

4- Click download. For Youtube videos it will give you a link of FLV video file. Click on the link, it will open the video save dialog. Type a name for the file and add .flv extention to it. (example: myvideo.flv)

5- It proivides you .avi (avi only for google videos) and .flv and mp4 (for ipod) links to download video.

6- Click on the download link and download video.​
Note: (Sometimes when you click on avi video link then it does not work. In that case you have to right click and then click 'save Target As...' and save the video.

Note: Please remember when you download youtube videos then it only gives FLV files to download. To play FLV file, you have to download FLV player. Here is the link for that player: http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000-2139_4-10467082.html

An alternative website to download videos is www.keepstream.com

If you want to download youtube video in other than FLV file format then follow the following procedure:

Download Customized Video Formats​

www.vixy.net can be used to download videos of differet formats. It decodes the video for you and provides you avi or other video formats. Also, you can choose to download the MP3 Audio part of the video.

:). FLV = Flash Video)

Have question? then what are you waiting for? Ask me the question.

WassalaamuAlaikum,
VE

BGfromGB

cartoons

Walaikum Assalaam

you can not make cartoons of the prophets its stricly prophibited in islam. you can buy some story books of prophet is islam.. and read it to them like bed time stories or something.
If I were to write a story about Mohammed in cartoon form and I do it to show the non muslims just how revered Mohammed was, how can that possibly be insulting?.

Who decrees this? Who decides which drawings/cartoons are to be regarded as forbidden?

In christianity there are hundreds of cartoons about Noah, Moses, David and so on. All were written in such an animated form to help people and children to better understand these prophets. These prophets are the same as the prophets of Islam. And you (not you personally) feel you have the right to tell the christians that they are forbidden from drawing such cartoons!!!!

Too bad. They've done it. There's not much that can be done in the way of banning such cartoons. These cartoons are probably in billions of peoples homes. And every one have been written in honour and better understanding of these revered prophets.

Sophie

Walaikum Assalaam

If I were to write a story about Mohammed in cartoon form and I do it to show the non muslims just how revered Mohammed was, how can that possibly be insulting?.

Who decrees this? Who decides which drawings/cartoons are to be regarded as forbidden?

In christianity there are hundreds of cartoons about Noah, Moses, David and so on. All were written in such an animated form to help people and children to better understand these prophets. These prophets are the same as the prophets of Islam. And you (not you personally) feel you have the right to tell the christians that they are forbidden from drawing such cartoons!!!!

Too bad. They've done it. There's not much that can be done in the way of banning such cartoons. These cartoons are probably in billions of peoples homes. And every one have been written in honour and better understanding of these revered prophets.
As a Christian you may not understand WHY we do not,as Muslim's have depictions of prophets.I think this offends you personally in some way,and I'm not understanding why it does. You said "in christianity there were hundreds of cartoons about Noah,Moses" etc..well,that is Christianity,not Islam. Maybe a good thing to do would be to maybe just say to yourself,"well,that is their(our) way,and this is our (your) way. No biggy.

new-muslim

AS Salam o alaikum

I like your cartoons, I am sue my kids will love them. Better watching this than some kids cartoon random TV channel. The first one about the prophet SAW, what's the name of it. So I can try and download or watch it. Thank you.

Ma Salaam

BGfromGB

As a Christian you may not understand WHY we do not,as Muslim's have depictions of prophets.I think this offends you personally in some way,and I'm not understanding why it does. You said "in christianity there were hundreds of cartoons about Noah,Moses" etc..well,that is Christianity,not Islam. Maybe a good thing to do would be to maybe just say to yourself,"well,that is their(our) way,and this is our (your) way. No biggy.
Thanks for your comment Sophie. But then the question is how do you balance this scenario with the fact that thousands of muslims taking to the streets and causing riots, even deaths. Like you said that's christianity and not Islam. I think tolerance is a big factor and if any one insults even "Jesus" which i hear on a daily basis, I just turn away and disassociate myself from that person or party and if asked why I will boldly and politely tell them that without resorting to violence. I do understand where these people are coming from, certainly not from their faith and belief in God the Almighty. That is the problem - they do not believe, so they see nothing wrong in using Jesus's name in vain. My role is to reason and to pray for these lost souls. At the end of the day God will deal with those people whether they blaspheme verbally or in the form of cartoons or cariacutures.