Escaping to the West

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is interesting. Someone posted the lectures by Tariq Ramadan a couple of days ago. They were given a couple years ago.
He raises a point. We are born and live in Europe/The USA. We live Islam in the West.
As our numbers grow we become stronger and understand that we need to rely on ourselves.

Yet, we do subject our children to massive craziness. How often I have wanted to home school my sons. When they come home we have discussions on what I call de-programming. Allow me to explain a simple scenario. My son was assigned a book to read. I told him to remember the book was an assault on his intelligence. Why on earth is he required to read a work of fiction by a female author that describes the barrenness of a young teenage girls life and her shame for being poor. What does that teach you about respect, humility, piety, or doing good deeds?

What is the answer for those who are born in the west? Who will take us in?
I am serious.

arzafar

That was a very relevant article highlighting something very commonplace nowadays.

Assalaam walaikum,

This is interesting. Someone posted the lectures by Tariq Ramadan a couple of days ago. They were given a couple years ago.
He raises a point. We are born and live in Europe/The USA. We live Islam in the West.
As our numbers grow we become stronger and understand that we need to rely on ourselves.

Yet, we do subject our children to massive craziness. How often I have wanted to home school my sons. When they come home we have discussions on what I call de-programming. Allow me to explain a simple scenario. My son was assigned a book to read. I told him to remember the book was an assault on his intelligence. Why on earth is he required to read a work of fiction by a female author that describes the barrenness of a young teenage girls life and her shame for being poor. What does that teach you about respect, humility, piety, or doing good deeds?

I am serious.

There are still many muslim majority countries that allow immigration. In fact apart from arab countries, one can migrate to any of the other muslim countries fairly easily. Right here, on this forum, i can count 2 sisters who sacrificed everything and made hijra from the US to Morocco.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes you are correct. I have always had the Moroccans refer to themselves as Arabs.
What do the sisters have to do with the question. They do not need to have their business exposed. Not today. They are not the providers for their families.

Why do you limit Islam to nations. I did not bring it up. Did you watch the Tariq Ramadan lectures. No.
After you view the videos we'll discuss the seriousness of this.

esperanza

revert of many years
it has always been said it is better to live in muslim countries..but sadly many muslim countries are far from path off true islam..even muslim sountires that ban hijab in certain places,,,so ithink the point is not clear cut anymore

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Allah made this a vast expanse. It is all Muslim. Have a little faith. It is His.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalaam walaikum,

I am serious.

:salam2:

I was thinking about this over the weekend. Born Muslims will always feel a little put off by my American-ness, and non-Muslims will be put off by my acceptance of Islam. I am a man torn between two worlds, and at the moment, I feel a little hard-done by both.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No brother,

There are many born Muslims who are American. Non-Muslim Americans will refer to you as the righteous brother. There goes a Believing Man. You will be respected wherever you go.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

All respect to others opinion but I haven´t never felt to escape from west. Living in west might be harder than living among muslim-majority... but why my path as muslim should to be easy?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

That's right sister.

I have to be on guard 24/7. I am that Muslim woman. No-one really knows who I am..just that Muslim woman.

I never escaped to the West. I just happen to live in the West. This is home.

Besides, as I have written over and over again..Islam is not new to the US. Please read your history.

( got to go..having fun playing with the Zionist)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalaam walaikum,

That's right sister.

I have to be on guard 24/7. I am that Muslim woman. No-one really knows who I am..just that Muslim woman.

I never escaped to the West. I just happen to live in the West. This is home.

Besides, as I have written over and over again..Islam is not new to the US. Please read your history.

( got to go..having fun playing with the Zionist)

Sister, you don't have to tell anyone who you are or what you do. Sometimes I am too free with talking about my life online, and it's something I am trying to change.

Let the world make their own decisions. You alone know the truth about yourself, and that is between you and Allah.

arzafar

All respect to others opinion but I haven´t never felt to escape from west. Living in west might be harder than living among muslim-majority... but why my path as muslim should to be easy?

it doesnt matter what they, we, you or i think. as clearly stated in the article, and explained further in the attached link, hijra is obligatory and settling in kaafir land is haram. Also it it is haram to support kaafir army against the muslims or pay allegiance to a kaafir ruler or take their nationality.

All supporting text can be found in the article and the website link. Individual opinions dont matter. most of the common excuses for living in as a Muslim minority are refuted on the website linked with the article.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

I have lived in several Muslim countries, including Saudi Arabia, Jordan and others. When you are not there for a few week holiday, you will notice the stubborn unfair bureaucracy, people with very bad manners, and a lack of humanity and rights.

A lot of what I believed before, was spun on its head, unfortunately. Some things, from my own person experiences of how people there live and behave, I better not utter.

Wasalamu Alaykum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

OK brother have it your way.

I am ready to move. Here I am. I am ready.

Are you going to hire me? I am serious. Who will hire me. I will move in two weeks.

Hello? I am waiting for a response.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
it doesnt matter what they, we, you or i think. as clearly stated in the article, and explained further in the attached link, hijra is obligatory and settling in kaafir land is haram. Also it it is haram to support kaafir army against the muslims or pay allegiance to a kaafir ruler or take their nationality.

All supporting text can be found in the article and the website link. Individual opinions dont matter. most of the common excuses for living in as a Muslim minority are refuted on the website linked with the article.

assalamu alaykum,

Yes, hijrah is an obligation that remains to the day of judgement.

But, at same time I think you fail to realise that not all people are in the same situation. You can not give such a broad sweeping extreme answer. Some people are born in the West and have no "rights" and are unwanted in Muslim countries. Far from what you may have been taught, they have no inclination to help people for Islam's sake.

Its also impractical. The Western countries have a much more open and easy way for migration, whereas most Muslim countries make it almost impossible for a person to live there.

From what I have seen, a lot of Muslims living in the West follow Islam in a much more sincere way than those in Muslim countries, particularly in the Middle East.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that Allah doesn't really care where we live, only that we serve Him. I refuse to believe that He is so vain and petty that He would judge us simply on where we live.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that Allah doesn't really care where we live, only that we serve Him. I refuse to believe that He is so vain and petty that He would judge us simply on where we live.

I agree. At every corners of the world we can serve Him and pray Him.

esperanza

revert of many years

I was thinking about this over the weekend. Born Muslims will always feel a little put off by my American-ness, and non-Muslims will be put off by my acceptance of Islam. I am a man torn between two worlds, and at the moment, I feel a little hard-done by both.

i understand how you feel,,, but true muslims will accept you how ever you are. islam shoud make no distinction between colour or race..we are all equal beofre Allah

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalamu alaykum

I have lived in several Muslim countries, including Saudi Arabia, Jordan and others. When you are not there for a few week holiday, you will notice the stubborn unfair bureaucracy, people with very bad manners, and a lack of humanity and rights.

A lot of what I believed before, was spun on its head, unfortunately. Some things, from my own person experiences of how people there live and behave, I better not utter.

Wasalamu Alaykum

you are so true,,,having lived and travelled in such countries..i sadly agree wiht you,,,its not necessarily true..unfortunately that you can necessarily lead a better islamic life than could do inWest...although it should be true its not....and too many arab countries and consequently arab muslims are too influenced by negative aspects of the west

esperanza

revert of many years
assalamu alaykum,

Yes, hijrah is an obligation that remains to the day of judgement.

But, at same time I think you fail to realise that not all people are in the same situation. You can not give such a broad sweeping extreme answer. Some people are born in the West and have no "rights" and are unwanted in Muslim countries. Far from what you may have been taught, they have no inclination to help people for Islam's sake.

Its also impractical. The Western countries have a much more open and easy way for migration, whereas most Muslim countries make it almost impossible for a person to live there.

From what I have seen, a lot of Muslims living in the West follow Islam in a much more sincere way than those in Muslim countries, particularly in the Middle East.

once again i must agree,,,that muslims in west are often more sincere than many muslims in middle east