Essential Du'as / Supplications

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2:

Greeting another Muslim

As salamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
Translation: May the peace of Allah descend upon you and His Mercy and Blessings

When salaam is conveyed (when some conveys salam to you on another's behalf).

Alayka wa alay-his salaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
Translation: Upon you and upon him be the peace of Allah, His mercy and blessings

Before a meal

Bismillahi wa 'ala baraka-tillah.

After having a meal

Alham do lillah hilla-thee At Amana wa saquana waja 'alana minal Muslimeen.
Translation: All praise is due to Allah who gave us food and drink and who made us Muslims.

Dua for ZamZam (Holy Water)

Allah humma Innee As alooka 'ilman naa fee-ow wa Rizq-ow waa See-ow wa Shee-faa amm min Kooll-lee daa-een.
Translation: O Allah, I ask You to grant me beneficial knowledge, abundant sustenance and cure from all diseases.

Before wudhu (ablution)

Allahumma-gh fir-lee dhan-bee wawass si'lee fi dari wa bariklee fi rizq.
Translation: O Allah Forgive my sins, make my home accommodating and grant me abundance in my livelihood

Repentance dua
Whenever a person commits any sin, he/she should immediately offer repentance to Allah, saying the following dua.

Allahumma In-nee a-toobu ilayka minha la ar-ji-u ilayhaa abada.
Translation: O Allah, I repent before You for all my sins and I promise never to return to the same (again).

After sneezing

Alhamdulillah!
Translation: Thanks and all praise be to Allah (or) Thanks and all praise be to Allah under all conditions

Reply to someone who sneezes

Yar Hamoo kall Lah.
Translation: May Allah have mercy on you

When someone is critically ill

When someone is so critically ill that there is no hope for his recovery, under no circumstances should he (or she) pray for his (or her) death. But if one must, then one should recite the following dua:
Allah-humma ah-yini ma kaanatil hayaatu khairall-lee wa tawaff-fani i-dha kaanatil wa faato khai-rall-lee.
Translation: O Allah, keep me alive so long as it is in my best interest and give me death when it is in my best interest.

:wasalam: