Alhamdulillah Etiquettes of dressing

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Etiquettes of dressing

1- Begin with right side say بِسْمِ الله

Invocation when getting dressed
الْحَمْدُ اللهِ الَّذِي كَسَانِي هَذَا (الثَّوْبَ) وَرَزَقْنِيهِ مِنْ غَيْرِ حَوْلٍ مِنِّي وَلَا قُوَّةٍ

Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee kasaanee haathaa ( at-Thawba) wa razaqaneehi min ghayri hawlim-minnee wa laa quwwatin

"Praise is to Allah Who has clothed me with this (garment ) and provided it for me, though I was powerless myself and incapable

[Al-Bukhary, Muslim,Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmidhi. See also 'Irwa'ul-Ghalil 7/47]

Narrated Anas ibn Malek, The Prophet said : Who that wearing cloth and say "All the praises and thanks be to Allah who has clothed me with this (garment) and provided it for me, with no power nor might from myself" … (Abu Dawood, Book of Clothing : 4025. Albani authenticated in Irwa al-Ghalel, 7: 47)

2- invocation when putting on New-Clothes

‫اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ أَنْتَ كَسَوْتَنِيهِ، أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِهِ وَخَيْرِ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهِ وَشَرِّ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ

Allaahumma lakal-hamdu 'Anta kasawtaneehi, 'as'aluka min khayrihi wa khayri maa suni'a lahu, wa 'a'oothu bika min sharrihi wa sharri ma suni'a lahu

"O Allah, praise is to You. You have clothed me. I ask You for its goodness and the goodness of what it has been made for, and I seek Your protection from the evil of it and the evil of what it has been made for"

Abu Dawud and At-Tirmithi. See also Al-Albani, Mukhtasar Shamd'il At-Tirmithi, p. 47

3- Invocation for someone who put on new Clothes

‫تُبْلِي وَيُخْلِفُ اللهُ تَعَالَى

Tublee wa yukhliful-laahu ta'aalaa

"May Allah replace it when it is worn out"

Abu Dawud 4/41. See also Al-Albani Sahih Abu Dawud 2/760

‫اِلْبَسْ جَدِيداً، وَعِشْ حَمِيداً، وَمُتْ شَهِيداً

Ilbas jadeedan, wa 'ish hameedan, wa mut shaheedan

"Put on new clothes , live a praise-worthy life and die as a martyr"

Ibn Majah 2/1178, Al-Baghawi 12/41. See also Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Majah 2/275

4- What to say when undressing

Begin from left side

‫بِسْمِ الله

Bismillaahi

"In the Name of Allah"

At-Tirmithi 2/505, among others. See 'Irwa'ul Ghalil no. 49 and Sahihul-Jami' 3/203

5- When you put on your shoes, put your right foot first

And when you remove your shoes do the vise versa

Sisters when going to attend the Eid Prayers please stick to your Islamic dress-Code which our All-Mighty obliged upon us

Avoid perfumes
Avoid those jewelry which causes noise
Avoid high heals which causes noise
Avoid putting make -up if you are not covering your face
Avoid speaking loudly at the places where you go to attend the Eid-Prayers
Avoid taking pictures with your husband or family in the midst of the crowd

Please cover your feet thoroughly

Let us be the obedient slave of Ar-Rahman