Excellent resources for studying Islam

محمد

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته​

Ayât from the Qur'ân:
6:162-163. Say: Verily, my prayers, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, Lord of the Universe. He has no partner. And to this have I been bidden and I am amongst the first of those who bow to His will.

25:63. And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

4:65 But no, by your Lord (O Muhammad), they have no Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction.

30:30. So turn thy face to the pure path of monotheism in accordance with the natural disposition (fitrah) which God has instilled in mankind. No change shall there be in [the nature] of God's creation. That is the upright path, but most among mankind know not.

29:2-3. Do people suppose they shall be left saying, "We believe", and shall not be tested? But indeed we did test those who lived before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.

16:125 Call unto the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching and reason with them in the best manner. Verily your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path and and best knows He as to who are the rightly-guided.

29:46 And do not debate with the people of the earlier scriptures (Jews and Christians) except in the best manner, unless it be with the those bent on oppression and injustice. And say 'We believe in that which has been bestowed from on high upon us, as well as that which has been bestowed upon you: our God and your God is one , and it is unto Him that We submit ourselves.

4:140 And indeed He has revealed to you in this Book that when you hear God's revelation being rejected and ridiculed, then avoid their company until they enter into some other discourse; if you did then you would be like them; surely God will gather the hypocrites and the unbelievers all together in Hell.

3:159 And it was by God's mercy that you [O Prophet] dealt gently with them. And had you been harsh and hard of heart they would have disbanded from around you. So pardon them, then, and pray that they be forgiven. And take counsel with them in all matters of public concern; then, when you have decided upon a course of action, trust in God: for, verily, God loves those who place their trust in Him.

21:107 And we have not sent you [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to all mankind.

41:34 The good deed and the evil deed cannot be not equal. Return an evil deed with one that is good. Then he between whom and thyself was mutual enmity shall become as though he were an intimate friend.

8:61 And if the enemy inclines to peace, then incline to peace as well and trust in God. Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing.

60:8 God does not dissuade you from dealing compassionately and justly with those who do not fight you because of your religion nor expel you from your homes. Indeed, God loves those who act justly.

66:8. O you who believe! Repent to God with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, on a Day on which God will not shame the Prophet and those who share his faith: their light will spread rapidly before them, and on their right; [and] they will pray: "O our Lord! Cause our light to shine for us forever and forgive us our sins. Verily, You have power over all things!""

45:23. Have you seen him who takes his own lust as his god, and God knowing (him as such), has left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart, and put a cover on his sight. Who then will guide him after God? Will you not then remember?

49:13 O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is the most pious. Verily, God is All-Knowing, All-Aware.

3:133-134. And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous, who spend [in the cause of God ] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon all people - and God loves the doers of good.

45:18 Then have We established you (O Muhammad) upon the Shari'ah from Our Command, so follow it and do not follow the desires of those who know not.

23:115. Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?

Ahâdîth
The Prophet [peace be upon him]
  1. The Prophet said: 'I am the Prophet of mercy and I am the Prophet of repentance. (Shamâ'il At-Tirmidhî, Musnad Ahmad)
  2. The Prophet said: 'The likeness of me and the Prophets before me is that of a man who built a house which he made all complete and beautiful except for one brick in a corner. People visited and admired it but said: ‘Shouldn’t that brick be put in?’ I am that brick and I am the last of the prophets.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  3. The Prophet said: 'Every Prophet used to be sent to his people alone but I have been sent to all mankind'. (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  4. Ali ibn Abî Tâlib said: 'Anyone who saw him suddenly would stand in awe of him, and anyone who got to know him through spending time with him came to love him. Those who described him said that they had never seen anyone like him, before or since.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  5. 'Â'ishah said: 'The Prophet spoke in a simple and clear way so that all those who heard him, understood him'. (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  6. Anas ibn Mâlik said: 'I was in the Prophet's service for ten years, and he never once said "Uff (i.e. shame)!" to me. When I did something (wrong) he never asked me, "Why did you do that?" When I did not do something (that I should have done) he never asked me, "Why did you not do that?" The Messenger of Allah had the best disposition of all people'. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  7. Abdullah ibn Ja'far said: 'Whenever Allah's Messenger came back from a journey, the children of his family used to (run to) welcome him. This was how he once came back from a journey when I was the first to go to him: he mounted me (on his camel) in front of him. Then one of his daughter Fatimah's two sons came, and he mounted him behind him, and that is how the three of us were brought into Madinah on a single mount. (Sahîh Muslim)
  8. Ka'b ibn Mâlik reported: 'When the Messenger of Allah was pleased, his face lit up as if it was a piece of the moon. That is how we could tell when he was pleased.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Musnad Ahmad)
  9. Abdullah ibn Al-Hârith said: 'I never saw anyone who smiled more than Allah's Messenger'. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  10. Â'ishah said: 'The Prophet never hit anything or anyone - not a woman or a slave - except when he was fighting in the cause of Allah'. (Sahîh Muslim)
  11. Jâbir said: 'Allah's Messenger never said no when anyone asked him for anything at all' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  12. The Prophet said: 'None of you (truly) believes until I am dearer to him than his own parents, his children and all mankind'. (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  13. The Prophet said: 'Whoever asks Allah to bless me once will be blessed by Allah ten times over' (Sahîh Muslim)
  14. The Prophet said: 'Whoever loves my way of life (Sunnah) loves me, and whoever loves me will be with me in Paradise.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
Fundamentals
  1. The Prophet said: 'Actions will be judged according to their intentions.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  2. The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  3. The Prophet said: 'The similitude of the one who contemplates his Lord versus the one who does not is that of the living versus the dead.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  4. Abu Umamah related: 'A man once asked Allah's Messenger, 'What is faith?' He replied, 'When your good deeds make you happy and your bad deeds make you sad, then you have faith.' Then the man asked him, 'What is sin?' THe Prophet replied, 'When anything troubles your conscience, stop doing it'.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  5. The Prophet said: ''Whoever has three qualities will taste the sweetness of faith: To love Allah and His Messenger more than anything else; to love someone for Allah's sake alone, and to hate to return to unbelief just as much as one would hate to be thrown into fire'. (Sahîh Bukharî, Sahîh Muslim)
  6. The Prophet said: 'The burden of proof is upon the plaintiff and the taking of oath is upon the defendant.' (Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
  7. The Prophet was asked about the major sins, and he mentioned: 'To worship other than Allah, to disobey your parents, to commit murder and to give false testimony'. (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  8. The Prophet said: 'Allah will send humiliation upon you and will not remove it until you return to your religion.' (Sunan Abi Dawûd)
  9. The Prophet said: 'If one of you had a stream running at his door and he bathed in it five times every day, do you think any dirt would be left on him?' His companions answered, 'No dirt at all would be left on him.' He said, 'That is what the five prayers are like, with which Allah washes away your sins.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  10. The Prophet said: 'A person's wealth will never decrease from giving in charity. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  11. The Prophet said: 'No creature should be obeyed if it entails disobedience to the Creator.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sharh As-Sunnah Al-Baghawî)
Knowledge

1. The Prophet said: 'The best among you are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)

1. [*]The Prophet said: 'Seeking knowledge is a religious obligation for every Muslim (male and female).' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)

[*]The Prophet said: 'The cure for ignorance is to question.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'Whomsoever Allah wishes goodness for, He grants him understanding of the religion.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'Acquire knowledge, and teach it to people; learn your religious obligations and teach them to people; learn the Qur'an and teach it to people.' (Sunan Ad-Dârimî)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'The superiority of a religious scholar an (ignorant) worshipper is like that of myself over you (my followers). Truly, Allah, His angels and all those in the heavens and the earth - even the ants in their anthills and the fish - invoke blessings on those who instruct others in anything good.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'Allah will not take away (religious) knowledge by removing it from people's hearts, but He will take it away by the the death of scholars, until, when no (true) scholars remain, people will take the ignorant (among them) as their leaders. When they are consulted, they will give their verdicts without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead people astray.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'From the signs of the hour is that people will seek knowledge from the asâghir [small ones]. (Al-Lâlikâ'î in Sharh Usûl-I'tiqâd).
    [*]The Prophet said: 'Whoever seeks sacred knowledge to vie with scholars, argue with fools, or capture public notice, Allah will enter him into Hellfire.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'Whoever seeks that knowledge by which the pleasure of Allah is sought [sacred knowledge] only to acquire some worldly gain, he will not smell the fragance of Paradise on Judgement Day.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Musnad Ahmad)

محمد

Character, Etiquettes and Morals

1. The Prophet said: 'Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character (Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik)
  2. The Prophet said: 'There is nothing which is heavier upon the balance than the good character.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  3. The Prophet said: 'Righteousness is good character, and sin is what makes you uncomfortable inside and you would not like other people to find out about.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  4. The Prophet said: 'The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely, or speak rudely.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  5. The Prophet said: 'Whoever is deprived of gentleness is deprived of all good.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  6. The Prophet said: 'Indeed Allah is gentle and loves gentleness, and gives due to gentleness that which He does not give to harshness.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
  7. The Prophet said: 'Whoever suffers an injury done to him and forgives (the person responsible), Allah will raise his status to a higher degree and remove one of his sins.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  8. The Prophet said: 'Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong if they do evil.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  9. The Prophet said: 'Show mercy to those on earth so that He who is in heaven will have mercy on you.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  10. The Prophet said: 'Purity and cleanliness is part of faith. (Sahîh Muslim)
  11. The Prophet said: 'By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer!' He was asked, 'Who, O Messenger of Allah?' He replied, 'Anyone whose neighbor does not feel safe from his harm.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  12. The Prophet said: 'There is no better gift a parent can give his child than good manners'. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  13. The Prophet said: 'No one can give a better or more abundant gift than patience.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  14. The Prophet said: 'Calmness and determination is from Allah and haste is from Satan.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  15. The Prophet said: 'Wealth does not come from having great riches; (true) wealth is contentment of the soul.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  16. The Prophet said: 'Whoever does not thank people (for their favors) has not thanked Allah (properly), Mighty and Glorious is He!' (Musnad Ahmad, Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  17. The Prophet said: 'The believer is one who is sociable [with others], and there is no benefit in one who is not sociable [with others] nor in one who is not met sociably [by them].' (Mustadarak Al-Hâkim, Shu'ab al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
  18. The Prophet said: 'Do not search for (the faults of others), for if anyone searches for (others) faults, God will search for his.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  19. The Prophet said: 'Blessed is he who preoccupies himself with his own defects, rather than those of others.' (Musnad Al-Bazzâr)
  20. The Prophet said: 'The believer is not the one who eats his fill when the neighbour beside him is hungry.' (Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
  21. The Prophet said: 'Make things easy (for people) and do not make them difficult, and cheer people up and do not drive them away.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  22. The Prophet said: 'The food of two people is enough for three, and the food of three people is enough for four.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  23. The Prophet said: 'Eat together and do not separate, for the blessing is in companionship. (Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  24. The Prophet said: 'Modesty is part of faith.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  25. The Prophet said: 'There are two blessings that many people fail to make the most of: good health and free time.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  26. The Prophet said: 'He who does not keep his trusts lacks in faith and he who does not keep his agreements lacks in religion'. (Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
  27. The Prophet said: 'None of you is truly a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  28. The Prophet said: 'The best of you is the one who is best to his own family, and I am the best of you towards my family.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  29. The Prophet said: 'He is not one of us who does not show mercy to our little ones and respect to our elders.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  30. The Prophet said: 'Contemplate those who have less than you and not those who have more than you, lest you belittle the favors of Allah conferred upon you'. (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  31. Once the Prophet was seated at some place in Madinah, along with his Companions. During this time a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his companions remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied, “Was he not a human being?” (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim, Sunan An-Nasâ'î)
  32. The Prophet said: 'Seeking knowledge is a religious obligation for every Muslim (male or female). (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
  33. The Prophet said: 'A truthful and trustworthy merchant will be in the company of the prophets, the very truthful, and the martyrs.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ad-Dârimî, Sunan Ad-Dâraqutnî)
  34. The Prophet said: 'On a journey, the leader of the group is their servant.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
  35. The Prophet said: 'The most virtuous jihâd is when one speaks a word of truth before an unjust ruler.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  36. A disbelieving Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him alone, let him finish and pour water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then explained to the Bedouin calmly, "This is a place of worship, in it is the worship of God and the reading of Qur'an." After the Bedouin had left, the Prophet then said to his companions, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  37. The Prophet said: 'Allah is beautiful and loves beauty.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  38. The Prophet said: 'There is no clement person who has not stumbled, nor is there no wise person who possesses no experience.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Mustadarak Al-Hâkim)
  39. The Prophet said: 'Pay the laborer his due before his sweat dries.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  40. The Prophet said: 'A believer is not stung from the same hole twice.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  41. The Prophet said: 'The wise one is he who has subdued his nafs and has prepared for what follows death. And the foolish one is he who has placed his nafs in pursuance of its desires and has vain hopes about Allah.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  42. The Prophet said: 'Believers are like a single person; if his eye is in pain his whole body pains, and if his head is in pain his whole body pains.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  43. The Prophet said: 'Truly, I have been sent as a teacher.' (Sunan Ad-Dârimî)
  44. Mu'awiyah ibn al-Hakam al-Sulami said: 'By my father and mother, (I swear that) I never saw a teacher, before or after him, who was a better teacher than the Messenger of Allah. By God, he never shouted at me, or punished me, or insulted me.' (Sunan Ad-Dârimî)
  45. The Prophet said: 'If one of you happens to be standing when he becomes angry, then he should take a seat. If this helps his anger to subside, then good and well. Otherwise, he should go and lie down.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
  46. The Prophet said: 'The strong man is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  47. The Prophet said: 'Teach the people and give them glad tidings. Do not make things difficult. And if you get angry, remain silent.' (Musnad Ahmad, Musnad al-Tayâlisî, and al-Adab al-Mufrad Bukhârî)
  48. The Prophet said: 'Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not trouble his neighbor, and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously, and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say what is good, or be silent.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim).
  49. The Prophet said: 'Honesty leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man remains honest and concerned about honesty until he is recorded as an honest man with Allah. Lying leads to sinfulness and sinfulness leads to the Fire. A man keeps lying and remains partial to lies until he is recorded as a liar with Allah.' (Sahîh Bukharî, Sahîh Muslim)
  50. The Prophet said: 'Do not indulge in excessive talk except when remembering Allah. For it hardens the heart; and those who are the farthest from Allah are those whose hearts are hard.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  51. The Prophet said: 'Three things are the sign of the hypocrite: when he speaks he tells lies, when he promises he breaks it and when he is trusted he proves to be dishonest.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  52. The Prophet said: 'Charity (sadaqah) is due upon every joint of a person on every day that the sun rises. Administering justice between two people is an act of charity; and to help a man concerning his riding beast by helping him on to it or lifting his luggage on to it is an act of charity; a good word is charity; and every step which you take to prayer is charity; and removing that which is harmful from the road is charity.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  53. The Prophet said: 'What is little but sufficient is better than that which is abundant but causes heedlessness.' (Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
  54. The Prophet said: 'Two hungry wolves let loose amongst sheep will not cause more harm to them than the harm a person causes to his religion by craving after wealth and fame. (Musnad Ahmad)
  55. The Prophet said: 'A man went out to visit a brother of his in a different village, so Allah, the Most High, put an angel in wait for him in the road. So when the angel came to him he said: Where are you going? He said: I am going to visit a brother in this village. He said: Is it that you have done something for him for which you seek repayment? He said: No, it is just that I love him for Allah's sake. He said: Then I am one sent by Allah to you (to inform you) that Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, loves you, just as you have loved for His sake.' ' (Sahîh Muslim)
  56. The Prophet said: 'The believer is a mirror for the believer, and the believer is the brother of the believer. He safeguards his property for him and defends him from behind.' (Adab Al-Mufrad Bukhârî, Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  57. The Prophet said: 'From the perfection of a person's Islam is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  58. The Prophet said: 'God has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another and boasts over another.' (Sahîh Muslim, Sunan Abî Dawûd)

1. [*]The Prophet said: 'Two characteristics are not found together in a hypocrite: good manners and understanding of the Religion.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'Each of you is a guardian and is responsible for those whom he is in charge of. So the ruler is a guardian and is responsible for his subjects; a man is the guardian of his family and is responsible for those under his care; a woman is a guardian of her husband's home and is responsible for those under her care; a servant is the guardian of his master's wealth and is responsible for that which he is entrusted with; and a man is the guardian of his father's wealth and is responsible fore what is under his care. So each one of you is a guardian and is responsible for what he is entrusted with.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
    [*]Some of the Companions once asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) to pray to Allah to invoke His curse upon the pagans. He replied: “I was not sent to curse people but as a blessing. (Sahîh Muslim)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'Beware of envy, for envy destroys good deeds the way fire consumes firewood. (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'There is to be no envy except with regard to two: A man whom Allah has given wealth which he strives to spend righteously, and a man to whom Allah has given the Wisdom (i.e. the Qur'aan) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for a fair-skinned person over a person with dark skin, nor for a dark-skinned person over a person with fair skin. Whoever is more pious and God-fearing is more deserving of honour.' (Musnad Ahmad)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'There is no vessel worse for the son of Adam to fill than his stomach. A few morsels are sufficient for him. If he is to consume more then a third is for his food, a third for his drink, and a third for air.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'Anyone who kills even a sparrow for no reason (should know that) it will cry alound to Allah on the Day of the Resurrection, saying, "O my Lord! So-and-so killed me just for fun; he killed me for no reason!" (Sunan An-Nasâ'î)
    [*]A'isha said: 'I was once riding a difficult (slow-moving) camel, so I kept hitting it. When the Prophet saw me, he said: 'Be gentle, for gentleness adorns everything in which it is found, and its absence leaves everything tainted.' (Musnad Ahmad)
    [*]The Prophet said: 'If a Muslim plants a seedling or cultivates a field, whenever a bird a human or an animal eats of it, it will be counted as a charity for him.' (Sahîh Muslim)
Women
  1. The Prophet said: 'Anyone who cares for three daughter, gives them a good upbringing, marries them to good husbands and treats them well, they will enter paradise. The companions asked, "What about two daughters?" He said, "Even two daughters". They asked what about one daughter? He said "even one". (Sunan Abi Dawûd, Musnad Ahmad, Mustadarak Al-Hâkim)
  2. A man came to Prophet Muhammad asking “ O Messenger of God, who among the people is the most worthy of my good company?” The Prophet said “Your mother”. The man said “then who else?” The Prophet said “Your mother”. The man asked, “then who else?” The Prophet replied “Your mother” When the man asked for the fourth time, only then did the Prophet say, “Your father” ( Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  3. The Prophet said: 'Paradise lies at the feet of your mother' (Musnad Ahmad, Sunan An-Nasâ’i, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  4. A'isha, the wife of the Prophet (peace be upon him), said: 'A poor woman came to me carrying her two daughters. I gave her three dates to eat. She gave each child a date, and raised the third to her own mouth to eat it. Her daughters asked her to give it to them, so she split the date that she had wanted to eat between them. I was impressed by what she had done, and told the Messenger of Allah P about it. He said, “Allah has decreed Paradise for her because of it”.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  5. The Prophet said: 'Whoever has a daughter born to him, and he did not prefer his son over him, Allah will admit him to Paradise because of her.' (Mustadarak Al-Hâkim)
  6. The Prophet said: 'There is no one who has three daughters, or three sisters, and he treats them well, but Allah will admit him/her to Paradise.' (Al-Adab Al-Mufrad of Bukhârî)
  7. The Prophet said: 'There is no one among my ummah who has three daughters, or three sisters, and he supports them until they are grown up, but he will be with me in Paradise like this – and he held up his index and middle fingers together. (Mu'jam At-Tabarânî)
  8. The Prophet said: 'The best of you is the one who is best to his wife. I am the best of you to his wife and I'm the best to my wife.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ad-Dârimî, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
  9. The Prophet said: 'The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest to their wives. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  10. The Prophet said: 'None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner. And none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  11. The Prophet said: 'I command you to be kind to women.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  12. The Prophet said: 'The believer should not harbor hatred towards his wife. If he dislikes something in her, then surely he will be pleased with another quality in her.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  13. The Prophet said to Abd-Allah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'Aas, who used to fast all day and pray all night: 'Do not do that. Fast and break your fast, pray qiyaam and sleep, for your body has a right over you, your eyes have a right over you, your wife has a right over you and your visitors have a right over you.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  14. A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, was asked, "What did the Prophet used to do at home?" She answered, "he kept himself busy helping the members of his household, and when the time for prayer came, he would go out for the prayer". (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  15. The Prophet said: 'Verily among the most evil of people with Allah in ranking on the Day of Resurrection is a man who goes to his wife and whose wife goes to him, and then he spreads her secrets.' (Sahîh Muslim, Musnad Ahmad, Sunan Abû Dawûd)
  16. The Prophet said: "Iblîs (Satan) sets up his throne on water, then he sends out his armies of devils (to incite humans to do evil). The closest to him of these troops are the ones who cause the most tribulation. One of them comes and says, 'I have done such and such.' Iblîs says, 'You have not done enough.' Then another one comes and says, 'I never left him alone until I created trouble and caused division between him and his wife.' Then Iblîs comes close to this devil and says, 'How excellent you are!' " (Sahîh Muslim)
  17. The Prophet said: 'A woman may be married for four reasons: for her property, her status, her beauty, and her religion; so marry one who is religious, may you be blessed.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  18. The Prophet said: 'If any man shows patience with his wife's bad temper, Allah will give him a reward similar to the reward of Ayyub (Job) for his patience, and if any woman shows patience with her husband's bad temper, Allah will give her a reward similar to the reward of Asiyah daughter of Muzahim, the wife of Pharoah (Cf. Qur'an 66:11).' (Al-Kabâ'ir of Adh-Dhahabî)
  19. The Prophet said: 'Consult with women. Indeed, you have some rights over your women and they have some rights over you. It is their right on you that you provide for their food and clothing generously, and your right on them is that they do not let anyone whom you dislike in the house, walking upon your floor. (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  20. Al-Khansaa’ bint Khidaam complained to the Prophet that her father wanted her to marry someone she didn’t want, saying “I do not wish to accept what my father has arranged.” The Prophet said, “Then this marriage is invalid, go and marry whomever you wish.” Al-Khansaa’ said, “I have actually accepted what my father has arranged, but I wanted women to know that fathers have no right in their daughter’s matters” (i.e. they have no right to force a marriage on them). (Fath Al-Barî Ibn Hajr, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  21. The Prophet said: 'The most perfect believers are the best in conduct and best of you are those who are best to their wives.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  22. The Prophet said: 'The life of this world is bountiful, and the best of the bounties of this world is the righteous woman.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  23. The Prophet said: 'Assuredly, women are the twin halves of men.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Musnad Ahmad)
  24. The Prophet said: 'All things in which there is no mention of God are frivolity, except for four things: A man enjoying time with his wife, training his horse, walking between two purposeful goals, and teaching another man to swim.' (Sunan An-Nasâ'î, Mu'jam At-Tabarânî)
  25. The Prophet said: 'Whoever Allah has blessed with a virtuous woman has been helped with half of his religion. So let him be mindful of God concerning the other half.' (Mu'jam At-Tabarânî, Mustadarak Al-Hâkim)