Asallamu Alaykum
jazakallah for the very beneficial
Ameen.
take care
wsallam.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Salam

What about if the sin affects others? For instance, you see a fellow Muslim steal something, or rape someone, or kill someone? I would call the police and tell them that this person committed these crimes and feel no guilt upon myself for it.

And this makes me ask, if we are not supposed to expose others' sins, how does anyone get punished on earth for anything? For example, If a man and woman committ adultery (and on the off-chance they actually have the 4 required witnesses), doesn't this mean that the witnesses should NOT expose the fact that they saw their friend committ adultery with a woman other than his wife?

I am a bit confused - we know we are all sinners; so how do we keep a safe and civilized society if we are not supposed to expose people who cheat, lie, steal, or committ other crimes that degrade society?

Lana

:salam2:

Very good thread indeed.
As far as I know, the sins that we are not supposed to expose are sins similar to what people do within the vicinity of their homes, privacy, etc...
Where they are not harming other Muslims.
If a person drinks alcohol at home, is different from drinking alcohol in public.
When he drinks it in public, he can harm others and influence others.
However, when he drinks alcohol in private, he is harming himself (unless he harms his family or kins, then they can take appropriate measure).
You never know, perhaps he may repent and Allah SWT will guide him again.
But if we label him as an alcoholic he will have a terrible reputation hanging on his shoulders.

I hope you can see the difference between the two examples.

Don't take my word for it (I'm merely expressing my opinion based on what I know, ), I hope you can do more research and come to your own conclusion on the subject.

:wasalam:
Allah knows best.

sahen

Asslamu Alykum brothers and sisters.

Mashaallah there are a lot of brothers and sisters on this sit that have a lot of knowledge about Islam. I just wanted to say thank you for all that you do to help others i am learning a lot from you. i will remember all of you in my prayer insha allah. jazakum Allah khayr .:mashallah:

abuayesha

Indeed, the post is very much correct. It is forwarded with verses from the Holy Quran and Sunnah.

Brother, tell me something about having published in news papers about crimes with name/names of people who are not yet found as criminals. We know that there are so many people acquitted by courts of law. Yet, their cases are heard by journalists in papers/TV shows etc.

I think Muslim Journalists should be reminded of this type of sin. If there is a way that the message can be passed to medias that are run by Muslims, it will be great.

Jazaa'akumullaahu Khairan

_mif_

what about exposing sins of a leader or a candidate of a leader (political leader). For example if he did corruption in the past, should we told it to the public? Especially if he will lead the Muslim community or a Muslim region.

:confused:

aroojimran

jazakallahu khairan

Sister salamalykum

First of all,i would like to thank you for writing such a beautiful thing.
Sis,u r right that we are all sinners,but it s good to see that u have the courage to speak the truth,otherwise ppl are usually speaking high of themselves and their being sinless!

May Allah forgive our sins!

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Salam

What about if the sin affects others? For instance, you see a fellow Muslim steal something, or rape someone, or kill someone? I would call the police and tell them that this person committed these crimes and feel no guilt upon myself for it.

And this makes me ask, if we are not supposed to expose others' sins, how does anyone get punished on earth for anything? For example, If a man and woman committ adultery (and on the off-chance they actually have the 4 required witnesses), doesn't this mean that the witnesses should NOT expose the fact that they saw their friend committ adultery with a woman other than his wife?

I am a bit confused - we know we are all sinners; so how do we keep a safe and civilized society if we are not supposed to expose people who cheat, lie, steal, or committ other crimes that degrade society?

Lana

Asalamu Alaykum,
I think it all depends on the person and what the sin they are commiting is doing to those around him/her. If the person is raping a girl, and there are witnesses, it's common sense to expose that person. It's the right thing to do. Remember there was another hadith of the Prophet that said, when witnesses are called to tell what they witnessed they should tell the truth and not hide what they know, saw or heard. Plus, if you for example discuss another person's mistakes/wrongs how is that going to help the society except create more problems? like the brother said, it's better to talk to the person privately and tell them to fear Allah and stop doing whatever they are doing that's wrong.

Salam

athila

surely, most of the time, our intention is not to backbite others. we just want to talk about ourselves.. we are just trying to figure out what is going on in our lives while justifying to others the actions that we take or the emotions we feel. but we fail to realize that, in trying to relieve ourselves of the pressure we deal with on a day to day basis, we undoubtedly are going to have to touch on the actions and statements of others, especially if we feel that the limbo we are in is a direct result of somebody else's actions or faults.

as muslims, we are supposed to hide the faults of our fellow brothers and sisters [as long as they don't involve something that requires exposure]. in regards to someone's shortcomings and sins, whether major or minor, we are warned against broadcasting them. there is a hadeeth you all know in which the Prophet, salallaahu alayhi wa sallam, stated that the believer who hides the sins of a Muslim in the dunya will have his sins covered by Allah ta'aala on the Day of Judgment. SubhanAllah! how many of us miss out on the opportunity to have our sins covered up by Allah on the Day when these sins could be the weight that places us in the Fire?! instead of approaching the person we are angry with, or discussing the situation with them one-on-one, not "on the mimbar" so to speak, we instead let the world know: things are going wrong in my life and it's because of this action and that action and this action of so-and-so.

so my advice to you is: be very cautious when you speak to others about the events in your life that relate to those besides you. think before you open your mouths.

it is a shortcoming i have noticed in women AND men [and men have become just as bad these days when it comes to the idle use of their tongues]. many muslims seem to think venting about your problems with others is protected because you are telling 'the truth', or that, because one surely cannot live without expressing himself, it can't be backbiting! i've had big arguments with people about this subhanAllah, and i guess, as we remember the many ahadith that state that good character is the heaviest thing on the Balance, i felt it necessary to say that, while there is nothing wrong with sharing our experiences and private moments with those close to us, if venting means exposing the faults or sins of your fellow brother or sister in islam, then it is best to fear Allah and complain instead to the One with the power to grant you tranquility and rectify your affairs.........:SMILY231:

nita madjid

............ while there is nothing wrong with sharing our experiences and private moments with those close to us, if venting means exposing the faults or sins of your fellow brother or sister in islam, then it is best to fear Allah and complain instead to the One with the power to grant you tranquility and rectify your affairs.........:SMILY231:

SubhanAllah and InsyaAllah I believe that this is the best to apply in life, hard though... but best.

aroojimran

nice thread brother , jazak Allah khayran insha`Allah

This is a simple test. If you love Allah and you are not ashamed of all the great things that he has done for you, send this to everyone you know. In The Name Of Allah, the most Beneficent, the Most Gracious, the most Merciful! Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'Jannah lies under the feet of your mother.

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'If you read the Kalima with conviction just once, Jannah becomes upon you.” Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'A women who reveals her body or even wears tight fitting clothes wont come within 500 years of the smell of Jannah.'

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'The dust which settles on a man while he is out in the path of Allah; not only the fire, but the smoke of Jahannam is Haraam for those parts of the body.

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'I only curse 3 types of people;
1. Those people who do not look after their parents when they are in old age.
2. Those people who do not take full advantage of the blessed month of Ramadan.
3. Those people who do not say, 'Salallahu -Alayhay- -Wa-Aalahay Wasallam' when my name is mentioned.'

Rasulullah S.A.W said, 'An Intelligent person is one who is constantly thinking about and preparing for death.

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, 'It is better for a man that a steel nail be driven through the centre of his head rather than if he touches the palm of a strange woman.

PLEASE TAKE 2 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO READ THIS:
Imagine this happening to you... One day during Jummah Salah, a 1,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying sub-machine guns.One of the men proclaimed , 'Anyone willing to take a bullet for Allah remain where you are.Immediately, the congregation fled, and out of the 1,000 there only remained around 20. The man who had spoken took off his hood, looked at the Imaam and said,'Okay Maulana, I got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin your sermon.The two men then turned and walked out. Too deep not to pass on? 'Funny how simple it is for people to trash.Allah ... and then wonder why the world's going to hell.

'Funny how we believe what the newspapers say.. but question what the Qu'ran says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven .... provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Quran says.

Funny how someone can say 'I believe in Allah' .. but still follow Shaitaan (who, by the way, also'believes' in Allah).

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire ... but when you start sending messages regarding Allah, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace ... but the public discussion of Allah is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Funny, isn't it? 'Funny how someone can be so fired up for Allah on Friday ... but be an invisible Muslim the rest of the week. Are you laughing?

Funny how when you go to forward this message .. you will not send it to many on your address list because you're notsure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them.

Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me ... than what Allah thinks of me. Are you thinking? Will you share this with people you care about? Or not? In The Name Of Allah, the
Most Beneficent, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful!

ALLAHU AKBAR Allah is great. Allah said, 'If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you. If you are not ashamed, send this message...only if you believe. 'Yes, I love Allah. Allah is my fountain of Life and My Savior. Allah keeps me going day and night. Without Allah, I am noone. But with Allah, I can do everything. Allah is my strength.'

:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I have a question about backbiting, and this thread seems to be discussing it. Really, i've seen a lot of my relatives and family gather together and then discuss their problems, they narrate their life-stories, say 'such and such said this to me' or 'his children don't even say salaam to me anymore. What should I do now?' Its all backbiting isn't it?? I talked to my parents about this, but they say that they're not saying anything bad about anyone, they're trying to jointly bring families closer together and solve their problems.

And when a person narrates his day's events, normally he's going to do a repeat of all the dialogue that went on. Is that backbiting too? Because I see it everywhere !

to the person posting above me

this is a very common thing, families are very close to gather and therefor think it is okay to backbite. i am guessing you are younger than these people and it would take quite alot of courage for you to stand up and tell them it is harram, they probably know its harram but just dont realize when they talk about it. my advice is you have two choices.
1. you can avoid their discussion completely just ignore them, don't get into it, don't contribute in anyway or form and inhshallah ALLAH will forgive them.

2. or you could ask your self who you fear more, your uncles and aunts who are about 50 years older than you, or do you fear ALLAH swt. this always works with me, if you see wrong happening you should stand up and face it. this was a characteristic of prophet Musa (as). when he was exhausted after the long dessert trip and saw men fighting over water in a well while two women were waiting for it. he did not rush in and drink from the well but, fought his way in to get the ladies water. this was also a characteristic of umar ibn al khuttab. they would always encourage good and forbid evil, its called umr bil maroof, i think. so basicly you just have to compare the one sinning against ALLAH swt and inshalah you will have the courage to speak up.

there was a story of one of our pious scholars who went with his students to one of the worlds leaders, he was a describes as a big strong tyrant. so the scholar went with the attention of politely speaking to him. but when he got there he started yelling at him. his students said " what are you doing, we are dead now." he replied " i compared this strong tyrant with ALLAH swt and in my eyes he turned into the size of a ant".

hope it helps

Khalil2u

asalaamu alaikum,
i am guilty of this sometimes and i try not to do this
Allah please forgive me and help me to control my mouth and the things i say
u are the best of helpers and forgivers