Facebook Can Make You Face Hell

BegumRehana

And it can help you in your da`wa duty and it can help you free your country from dictatorship, depending on how you use it. The choice is always yours.

Agreeeee...It all depend on an individual, facebook can be a good use for islamic purposes, you just have to know if you will be able to control yourself from the fitna there..

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum
I guess internet can make you face hell as well .If there is no internet,there won't be facebook.

Halal things can be haram at certain point.

For example a wife is halal for a man but at the same time she can be haram for him when she is on her menses(haram to have sex i mean).

Facebook can be halal in sha Allah if you use it for a good purpose.

I have two facebook accounts but rarely use it. Last week a guy sent me a message to get to know me.I know what he was looking for.I ignored his message without replying to him.He sent me again another message saying that he is looking forward to hear from me.
I just put a full stop by telling him that I am a married woman and I have a son age 2.

He appologised because he did not know that i was married.

I use facebook to connect with my school and university friends as well as my family members.

I am wondering if i might face hell just for having two facebook accounts and rarely use them<thinking deeply>

Allah knows the best
As salamu'alaikum

P.S: Allah gave us free will...so use it wisely

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us this video.

Alhmadulillah, I agree with brother speeker, who gave some good examples how facebook or simular places can be dangerous,and the best way that we like a Muslims can do is to protect ourselves from any kind of fitna and to be with help of Allah in safety.

This ofcourse does not mean that we should not use Internet at all, because we can use it in good and usefull way, like giving Dawah about Islaam, but this should be limited only on safe places for the sake of Allah,and for keeping us safe. It is the same like you are going neer fire SubhanAllah,and you have ability to choose to not be,and to be on better place for you.

It is especialy dangerous for Muslim women to visit such places, because there are every kind of man and people,and I advice first myselfe and than all my Muslim sisters to be the safe side. That is always better for the belivers.

May Allah guide us all.Ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We,women, need to use common sense. If you fear the use of any instrument do not use it. We have to stop blaming men when often we are the ones who put ourselves out there. ( not all women function on a sexual level )

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

I havent listened to the video.....(its late here, and no head phones) anywho. I have a facebook, but I know my limits as a sister. I use it to connect with family and friends, but its also a great resource for our MSA group at school. We can advertise our events, invite people, let students know that we do have Jumma prayers offered at school and so on. Alhamdulillaah, its such a blessing because most of the teenagers nowadays look at facebook more often than they do other things. Its like the new "connect" with others thingy. And like most people said...depends on how the heck you choose to use it...period!

oh by the way....I LOVE that lecturer....I am like obsessed with his lectures these days, masha'Allaah, tabaraka'Allaah he is like a great SPEAKER! may Allaah preserve him:) ameen

k, I am out, salaam everyone!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

why target just one site....what about fitna in orkut/ myspace/ yahoo chat?

what about fitna thru internet/tv/cell phones as a whole?

what about fitna thru co-ed colleges and offices?

Quran: And Man was created weak." [Soorah an-Nisaa 4:28]

azmirush

:salam2:

FB is harmful to us if only we misuse it. It depends on how you use it and your circle of friends that you've added in your list. I've been receiving religious posts which I could access anywhere from my cellphone. They are good reminders for me and thanks to all my good friends.

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum

Fitnah is everywhere especialy at places where both men and women are. It is even on TTI. think about it.

facebook is kinda popular because it is the number one networking site.

It depends how you use it. No one forces us to do evil(yeah syaitan does) but if we follow quran and sunnah,we can never be lost in sha Allah.

I do agree that it is very dangerous for unmarried people especially teenagers.
Just becareful and as Apa said,if you fear it,do not use it.<smile>

we need to actually define what really makes facebook haram.facebook itself is not haram but what you do there could be haram for example putting your pictures,the way you write things,whom you add and whom you communicate to and what you reveal in public ....etc....

i cannot tell others that you are sinful for having facebook. i myself have it and Allah knows why i have it.

Allah knows the best
As salamu 'alaikum

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Facebook is just only one media as forum is.

We can spread information by it without tell too much infroamation about ourselves.

:SMILY149:

Be genious using net any times.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu alaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Dear brothers and sisters we should try to less use our personal opinion with matters like this, but we should try to understand on the way how Allah subhan wa teala is advicing us and Allahs Messanger Mohammed sallahu alayha wa salam.

Allah subhan wa teala did not said only that we should not do zina or anything close to it,but Allah has forbid it, and also coming close to it on any way, and our duty is to try to stay away as much as far away from doubtfull places which can lead us to do something wrong, or it may lead someone else to do something wrong to us. And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a Fahishah [i.e. anything that transgresses its limits (a great sin)], and an evil way (that leads one to Hell unless Allah forgives him). ( Surah Al israa, ayah 32)

It does not metter how strong our eman is, we are still humans and Allah created us week and Shaytaan is always there to try to harm us and lead us astray ( neuzubillahi). That is why Allah is advicing us and ordering us that we should not even get close to evil, SubhanAllah. And there must be reason why is like that.

It is truth that we can not stop useing Internet,TV, or anything which is simular to it, but we can limited to only what is neccessery and what is halal, or what is more halal than haram, and which can be safer for us, Inshallah.

The places like this are especilay dangerous for unmarried sisters and brothers, but in general they are dangerous for everyone.And Allah knows the best.

May Allah protect us from anything which can lead un on the wrong path and far away from Him. Ameen summa ameen

May Allah forgive me if I said something wrong.

:wasalam:

xAllahKnowsBestx

I love this lecture! And Brother Abu Mussab is great! His lectures are reallyy good.

And in the video, the brother actually emphasizes the fact that Facebook CAN make you face hell, and not WILL make you face hell. It's just a matter of how you control yourself on Facebook.

xAllahKnowsBestx

And crossing the street can kill you...if you don't look both ways before you do it!

Use Facebook only after "looking both ways", i.e., setting up your comfort level of privacy, accepting invitations only from people you know, liking only proper pages and ads and removing or reporting improper pages and ads.

Yes, exactly. It really depends on how you use it.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum warahamtu-llah

alhamdu li Allah, we have a great series of debate over this issue

even if the title is different and the discussed issue is different, the matter takes turn to: what is the individual's opinion, if the word "Facebook" is there!!
and also getting in each others back!

insha Allah, we can stop
we should catch ourself and be fearful of Allah

we may use our time in more valuable issues

and Allah azza wa jal knows the best
wa alaikum salam warahamtu-llah

Shak78

Yes, exactly. It really depends on how you use it.

Exactly. If you are careful and don't get involved with things that you should not FB isn't all that bad. I keep in touch with family, friends ect that I normally wouldn't talk to or see due to distance. They get to see pics of my son as he grows up. It's all in how you use FB or really anything of that matter.