Facebook Fitna

OmAabid

Assalamu Alaikum: Do you know what is happening with YOUR kids?????

Anyone that works with kids today knows what is going on. Mom and Dad are too busy, too naive', or perhaps are busy doing their own thing....while their kids are on facebook, making dates, cursing, sharing indecent videos, and more......Wake up Muslims, it is all of our kids, not just bad ones. It is the kids of Sheyouk, of Quran teachers, of upstanding members of the community and they have NO CLUE! Check your computers, watch what your kids do online, keep them in a public area of the house when they log on. Save them from the designs the Shaytan has drawn up and keep them close to you and to Islam. Delete buttons work too well to just check the history, no private computer time and unplug internet at night---this is when they do it, when everyone asleep. Take care of them so you don't have really nasty surprises later. SubanAllah!

More: http://www.muslimwomensnetwork.net/?q=node/51

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Barakallahufiki , very very true advise the shatan is working over time with our kids and really leading them astray.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
yes i saw prey of facebook, a very nice hafiz e quran boy delt into that fitna may Allah save youth from this fitna ameen

zbhotto

Banned
My say

My View in this type of subject is that let's our children have their own heart felt realization that indeed there is nothing good in all sort of Haram things. Real enjoyment lies in abiding sharia and living within the boundary prescribed by ALLAH (SWT) and His slave and messenger Muhammad (SAW).

let's not forbid something for the sake of forbiding. Give them chance to realize by their own heart's even if you have to indulge some bad things temporarily. I belive by this way we can bring a stable change in our kids.

Am I right?

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakiAllahu khair for pointing out this danger my dear sister. I you do not mind, let me say that your words are like that of sister mirajmom. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

DanyalSAC

Well, I don't think Facebook is entirely the culprit here. I - and many many of my brothers & sisters have Facebook profiles and use it for Islamic purposes (though for the sake of propriety I have only one sister as a "friend" on mine and that's because she & I are both on the Dawah committee and we use it for "public communication" between the two of us since direct emails wouldn't be proper).

One of our brothers, who's a teacher in our Islamic school, is going to Gaza for two weeks and is using his Facebook to keep us abreast of his journey. One brother is a student and will post his papers & articles and ask our opinions. Most of us are students of Al Maghrib institute and keep abreast of upcoming classes & exams using Facebook.

Granted there is a lot that comes our way that should be filtered, but then that's rather representative of life in general :)

Ma salama

Danyal

ma sala

a_stranger

My View in this type of subject is that let's our children have their own heart felt realization that indeed there is nothing good in all sort of Haram things. Real enjoyment lies in abiding sharia and living within the boundary prescribed by ALLAH (SWT) and His slave and messenger Muhammad (SAW).

let's not forbid something for the sake of forbiding. Give them chance to realize by their own heart's even if you have to indulge some bad things temporarily. I belive by this way we can bring a stable change in our kids.

Am I right?

:salam2:

I think that in certain small ages children should not be left alone since the waves of corruption in our world all huge Instead we (muslems) should try to teach them principles of Islam and give them good protection against evils so that Taqwa will be planted in their small hearts ......To leave them to face the world with no inner strength is very dangerous (sorry for spelling) mistakes)

OmAabid

I wasn't suggesting forbidding it but parents should 'friend' their children and let them KNOW they are being watched in case they forget Allah is always seeing them. The mixing of boys and girls should be stopped and photos should be VERY censored! Parents must be involved in their childrens' lives!

OmAabid

My biggest concern is the young people that are not monitored AT ALL. I have seen more than I can talk about that occurs simply because they know no one is going to go to their facebook and monitor what they are doing.

salih k

Essalamunaleyküm.

Dear brothers and sisters. Once upon a time when the internet was firstly used did not we all think its a fitna.. As well as lets go back did not our olders say Tv or radio is fitna... Both we use them.. At first there was less islam programs in TV, Radio and less websites about islam in internet. The easiest and one of the strongest communication between people is internet today...
But now I see proudly much more islamic TV programs, Kuran talks in Radio, more and more islamic websites, comunities, ect. .. subhanallah...
As a use of Facebook could be for islam. So many groups and pages I see on facebook. If we explain and show the worst side of these communication tools to our childs, its better to feel safe and do not let şeytan to give us apprehension insallah. Apprehension is the biggest illness of these century people that melts their faith...

abu bakkar

Assalam alaykum w w.

This advice is veryvery important for all parent and everyone who have seen this massage must spread it. Bcz nowadays all our children be ruined for watching sex films, chatt, facebook, and more more like these.

Do not forget that there is a famaous Hadis that told us " everyone is guard and Allah gone ask we all for what we have done for his religion" it does not matter who you are.

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
:salam2:
I agree that facebook CAN be a BIG fitna but it all depends on the user. I for one thing use facebook but mashallah i never and never will opened any wrong links. All friends in my friend list are either family, class fellow friends or cousins. My pictures are unable to be viewed by non mehram eyes.
Profile picture, info etc are also protected.
As @user above mentioned...facebook is also a source to spread islam. So please do not take negative side of things.
I dont say that what u said is wrong yes facebook has become an "addiction" but just as i said it "depends" on any user!

:wasalam:
Fatima♥

:tti_sister:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
asthagfiruallah!!..
we have to be careful..
there are even good areas for muslims in facebook, but kids dont see that, they spy into other stuffs

q8penpals

Salam

As a computer teacher, I can say that I tell ALL parents of my students that kids (no matter what age) should NOT have a computer, nor a TV, behind closed doors (and I said this is the US before becoming Muslim even).

Computers, and the internet (not just facebook or other social networking sites), have a lot of things that are not appropriate for all children all the time (what I mean is, a website that has information on causes and treatments of sexually transmitted diseases may be totally appropriate for someone studying medicine, but not appropriate for a 10 year old anyway).

Besides the obvious dangers of seeing inappropriate things, as soon as kids have TVs in their bedrooms, they begin to pull themselves away from the family.

TVs and computers should be kept in public areas of the house; parents should INSIST on having passwords for all children's accounts; for things like facebook, parents should set up their own account and insist that their child "friend" them - and the parents should periodically check-in (without hovering completely, depending on the age of the child) on the site.

And, finally, parents should know the friends their kids have, online and in person - and make an effort to meet the friends' parents too.

Ok, I am off my soapbox now! :hijabi:

yakubpasha

Salam

As a computer teacher, I can say that I tell ALL parents of my students that kids (no matter what age) should NOT have a computer, nor a TV, behind closed doors (and I said this is the US before becoming Muslim even).

Computers, and the internet (not just facebook or other social networking sites), have a lot of things that are not appropriate for all children all the time (what I mean is, a website that has information on causes and treatments of sexually transmitted diseases may be totally appropriate for someone studying medicine, but not appropriate for a 10 year old anyway).

Besides the obvious dangers of seeing inappropriate things, as soon as kids have TVs in their bedrooms, they begin to pull themselves away from the family.

TVs and computers should be kept in public areas of the house; parents should INSIST on having passwords for all children's accounts; for things like facebook, parents should set up their own account and insist that their child "friend" them - and the parents should periodically check-in (without hovering completely, depending on the age of the child) on the site.

And, finally, parents should know the friends their kids have, online and in person - and make an effort to meet the friends' parents too.

Ok, I am off my soapbox now! :hijabi:

I totally agree with your comments, i removed tv from my house. It starts with oh i just want to watch cartoons and after a while you dont have control over your kids

Yep Facebook is big Fitna, i noticed that you inadvertently do gunah on facebook, even when i only have good muslims as friends and share hadith etc, my friend will comment on his friends picture and that will be of some haram party etc etc, on the side you will see an advertisement etc.

i am going to delete my account inshallah