Fast food in India - Making parathas/rutee

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Ah, reminds me of back home. I just watched a whole ton of videos on indian street food.

I found a video for the annual exhibition from my hometown back home. Nostalgic..

[yt]i0V0S3F6cMc[/yt]

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum. Lol I wonder why he hits the table with the wooden thing while he throws the parathas.

The below video is from my ends of india, South India...

[yt]E1tMK0_YEXo[/yt]

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Ok, at first I thought that was going to be an average video.

But it turned out to be crazy good. That guy has got skills.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Assalaamu `alaykum. Lol I wonder why he hits the table with the wooden thing while he throws the parathas.

I showed it to my brother - for a while, both of us just laughed at the guy beating the "belan" on the counter, thinking he was just doing it for effect. But then my brother thought maybe it's to let the person on the other end know that the flying rotis are coming his way! Because he beats the rolling pin on the counter, and a second later, whoosh...

saifkhan

abd-Allah

I showed it to my brother - for a while, both of us just laughed at the guy beating the "belan" on the counter, thinking he was just doing it for effect. But then my brother thought maybe it's to let the person on the other end know that the flying rotis are coming his way! Because he beats the rolling pin on the counter, and a second later, whoosh...

salam alaikum

Nice skills they have got,
but what an observation sister, woah................
I think they do it to just be in rhythm, I mean the synchronization.

JazakAllah khair,
the second video has got a song in the last part, I thought something was playing behind in other tabs or whatever, then I understand it is from the vdo...he h he, for a while I was shocked, where the music is coming from!!

wa alaikum salam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Tabassum07 said:
Ah, reminds me of back home. I just watched a whole ton of videos on indian street food.

I found a video for the annual exhibition from my hometown back home. Nostalgic..

Yeh but looking on the bright side, who ever needs to go back when you can see it all on YT anyways?! Its just like the real thing minus the mosquito bites.

Theres this one video of a brick layer in Bangladesh which is impressive! Its my favourite to this day:

[yt]xaO3Z4G4Jso[/yt]

Its the type of life skills you just don't acquire outside the Subcontinent.

Wa-salaam

Kakorot

Yeh but looking on the bright side, who ever needs to go back when you can see it all on YT anyways?! Its just like the real thing minus the mosquito bites.

Theres this one video of a brick layer in Bangladesh which is impressive! Its my favourite to this day:

[yt]xaO3Z4G4Jso[/yt]

Wa-salaam

LOL mA that's incredible! Subcontinent people are clever.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

[yt]i0V0S3F6cMc[/yt]

:wasalam:

Everytime I get nostalgic about Aligarh, I am reminded of the open sewage ways and ginormous mosquitoes. It's better that I stay far away from that place unless I am meeting relatives !

[yt]xaO3Z4G4Jso[/yt]

Wa-salaam

That looks really unstable after about 4 levels of brick on his head. I think he is banking on the strong foundation of lower bricks on his head.. I just hope they don't get hurt often doing that !

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

The below video is from my ends of india, South India...

[yt]E1tMK0_YEXo[/yt]

The skill of the guy catching and frying/baking the paratha (porotha) also has to be admired !

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Everytime I get nostalgic about Aligarh, I am reminded of the open sewage ways and ginormous mosquitoes. It's better that I stay far away from that place unless I am meeting relatives !

Ouch.

Well, every place in this world has its good and bad points. I love it in a way because I've spent half my life there, and I have friends and relatives there, I hate it also because of various bad things as you mentioned... but no place is perfect.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Ouch.

Well, every place in this world has its good and bad points. I love it in a way because I've spent half my life there, and I have friends and relatives there, I hate it also because of various bad things as you mentioned... but no place is perfect.

Oops, Sorry !.. didn't mean to offend, sister.. Those things that I mentioned are tolerable once you get used to it.

But the worst thing in the part of the city where my relatives live is that dacoits that roam around with weapons stealing people's money and land. May Allah protect us from them. Ameen

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

An uncooked parantha as a frisby? Wow... These guys will put all the London Roti factories out of business due to the marvel of the site alone!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
That looks really unstable after about 4 levels of brick on his head. I think he is banking on the strong foundation of lower bricks on his head.. I just hope they don't get hurt often doing that !

Well yes, he's relying on the humble laws of physics for sure; I hope they're not hurt either. I doubt those workers ever complain, by UK standards they could probably sue their employer and claim hundreds of thousands. One of the things I like about the Sub-C is the good work ethos people generally have.

Wa-alaykum salaam