Fatawa websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

usa_shi

:bismillah:
:salam2:​

I'm looking for websites (in English) containing fatawas of renowned scholars such as Sheikh Bin Baaz among others. I know about IslamQA.com and fatwa-online.com but i'm looking for some others. Please share with me these websites and insha Allah, Allah (swt) will reward you greatly.

:jazaak:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

The main website you mentioned:

IslamQA

Is the most notable one that i know of.

There is Fatawa Islamiyah which i refer to often although it is only available in printed form. From what i know there is no online version.

Its 8 Volumes including Fatawa's from Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen, Ibn Baz, Ibn Jibreen and The Permanent Comittee.

It practically contains Fatawa's that a Muslim would refer to. Its a gem for life.

Alhamdulilah

Walaykum Salam

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu 'alaykum

Good book posted above :) We should go back to the knowledgabe Scholars and what they had to say about different issues in regards to Fiqh.

However, online what happens many times is that lesser speakers, or even ignorant ones are given the right of giving fatawa; and many times they do so incorrectly. Others sport what they call are 'opinions' but in reality they are given like conclusions on the Fiqh issue. These are all very dangerous things, because they effect our Deen, and to bring corruption and misguidance would serve to no benefit to us here nor in th hereafter.

Therefore we have to always go to those with knowledge and seek answers from them, all the while keeping in mind not just who they are but the evidences they base their answers on. In these regards for providing resources for evidence, Islam-QA is the best I've come across. Other than that there are a few other good ones, but others which are extremely deviated and one should stay far away from.

Regardless the case, this thread will be closed on account of the fact that many cant tell the difference between the correct websites and the not, and we fear that perhaps we will not be able to return in time, and another may follow what is not correct due to that. Thus to close this door to trouble, this thread will be closed.

However just to mention, sites you should definitely avoid would be sunnipath and ask-imam > From previous experience they provide answers which may be the same as that given by good scholars, and others which are deeply rooted in wrong information and ideologies. And since we are not really qualified enough to differenciate we should keep away from them.

Thread Closed

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.