Favorite Somali Meal

wa aleikum salam sistah are you somalian:)

i would say canjeero somali style :)
180px-Alicha_1.jpg

I miss xalwo kismayo :)

salamz

aisha16

Saalam

Who could ever eat baasto without moos,lol. Insha'Allah I'll make the poll.

ma saalam

aisha16

Saalam

A while ago I just had caangero and waffle syrup,lol. Pretty good! The things I usually eat with caangero are akun, suuga, iyo sunkaar.

Lol to all the Pro somali speakers, my somali writting is not great,lol. But I speak it ok. Have to practice know and then.

ma saalam

Globalpeace

Banned
Hmm....

Asslamo Allaikum,

Can we have some recipes please instead of picttures?

OR

AN invitation?

P.S: For Non-Somalees, there are Somali Resturants in Birmingham (UK) on Coventry Road.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

My favourit meal is Laxuox (Canjeero), Maraq Cad iyo Heleb suqsuqar...

Someone said ''baasto (Pasta) without Moos (Banana), are you somali????
Just kiddin!!... I personally never ate rice without meat & youghurt, and pasta without meat and banana...

I am not sure whether all Somalians make ''Canbabor'' for the first day of 'Eid Al-Fitr' (To ease on the stomach, after 30 days of no early morning breakfast). It's like Laxoux (Canjeero) thicker, made with onions, garlic powder, etc.....???

:salam2:

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Asslamo Allaikum,

Can we have some recipes please instead of picttures?

OR

AN invitation?

P.S: For Non-Somalees, there are Somali Resturants in Birmingham (UK) on Coventry Road.

SOMALI SAMBUSA .... ''Ramdan is coming, this sanbusa must be on the table''

Ingredients

• 1 (14 ounce) package spring roll wrappers
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 leek, chopped
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
• 1 quart oil for frying

Directions

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.Add onions, leek and garlic, and cook, stirring until
the onions are transparent. Add ground beef, andcook until about halfway done. Season with cumin,
cardamom, salt and pepper. Mix well, and continue cooking until beef has browned.
In a small dish or cup, mix together the flour and water to make a thin paste. Using one wrapper at a
time, fold into the shape of a cone. Fill the cone with the meat mixture, close the top, and seal with the
paste. Repeat until wraps or filling are used up. Heat the oil to 365 degrees F ( 170 degrees C) in
a deep-fryer or deep heavy pot. There should be enough oil to submerge the wraps. Fry the Sambusa a
few at a time until golden brown. Remove carefully to drain on paper towels.
Serves 4

aisha16

Someone said ''baasto (Pasta) without Moos (Banana), are you somali????
Just kiddin!!...

Saalam

No it was said that who eats baasto without moos. I love to eat baasto with moos. Also it is even better with bariis, and chicken to go along with the rice too. Lol had rice and chicken yesterday.

ma saalam

aisha16

SOMALI SAMBUSA .... ''Ramdan is coming, this sanbusa must be on the table''

Ingredients

• 1 (14 ounce) package spring roll wrappers
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 leek, chopped
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
• 1 quart oil for frying

Directions

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.Add onions, leek and garlic, and cook, stirring until
the onions are transparent. Add ground beef, andcook until about halfway done. Season with cumin,
cardamom, salt and pepper. Mix well, and continue cooking until beef has browned.
In a small dish or cup, mix together the flour and water to make a thin paste. Using one wrapper at a
time, fold into the shape of a cone. Fill the cone with the meat mixture, close the top, and seal with the
paste. Repeat until wraps or filling are used up. Heat the oil to 365 degrees F ( 170 degrees C) in
a deep-fryer or deep heavy pot. There should be enough oil to submerge the wraps. Fry the Sambusa a
few at a time until golden brown. Remove carefully to drain on paper towels.
Serves 4
Saalam

Thanks for the recipe. love sambus. So goood! Especially with ketchup on the sambuus. I love when my mom cooks those cookies made out of burr. Lol. Every cookie is made from burr, but this cookie is just really made from burr.

Really easy to make too.

My mom gets burr(flour) and rolls it into a circle. Then she cuts the burr(flour) into mini squares and then she just fries them. Yum

ma saalam

Sara_H

Hey what about xalwad?

Salam everyone!

i would like to add that i too loovvee baasto and moos although all my non-mali friends think the combination is bazaar! Im always telling them not to knock it till they've tried it but they dont take any notice. Although im not that much of a fan myself, who likes muqmad (the small meat)? Also i looovve xalwad sooo much mmmnnn..........just remembered, theres some in the cupboard in the kitchen, im going to get some! Bye!

aisha16

Saalam

I know why do non-somali people find eating baasto and moos weird. I remeber this one time, we were eating moos and baasto at home, and the door was open, and one of my brothers friend saw us eating baasto and moos, and he had a suprised look on his face.Like a look that said what in tghe world are they doing? Lol. I think its reallyyyyyyy good.

ma saalam