For Jack Straw

BintMuhammad

Staff member
I hope Jack Straw reads this hehehe

A Mufti (muslim scholar) sat next to a Reverend on a flight. The Rev asked the Mufti:"What is your occupation? "
Mufti: I'm into big business

Rev: But what business exactly?
Mufti: I deal with God

Rev: Ah, so you're a Muslim religious leader. I have one problem with you Muslims: you oppress your women.
Mufti: How do we oppress women?

Rev: You make your women cover up completely and you keep them in the homes.
Mufti: Ah. I have a problem with you people: you oppress MONEY.

Rev: What? How can one oppress money?
Mufti: You keep your money hidden away, in wallets, banks and safes.. You keep it covered up. Why don't you display it in public if it's a beautiful thing?

Rev: It will get stolen, obviously.
Mufti: You keep your money hidden because it is so valuable. We value the true worth of women far, far more.

Therefore, these precious jewels are not on display to one and all. They are kept in honour and dignity....

T

TearfulEyes

Thank you Sister for your story. I dont think it portrayed the true mI dont eaning of hijab and sisters wearing hijab. Ous siters should not be equated or even compared with money or jewels. Hijab is ordained by Allah Almighty for the sake and interests of all Mankind.

I do not want to cause any dispute here, but I dont see any proof that women has to cover their faces as part of the hijab as ordained by Allah. Please do not start a debate about this.

Thank you,

samiha

---------
Staff member
Oh no, not the niqaab topic again.... all I have to say is NO CoMMENt. and that bro if u don't want to create dispute, plz don't bring it up, since many people have many different views. And we should congradulate all the sisters who take up niqaab. Plus, it really doesn't have much to do with the topic.

Anyway, Allah with His infinete knowledge ordains all things for a reason. Women are precious and valued in Islam not oppressed, theme of story.

No offence to anyone at all.

dreadfully srry 4 the mistake!! TearfulEyes

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Thank you Sister for your story. I dont think it portrayed the true mI dont eaning of hijab and sisters wearing hijab. Ous siters should not be equated or even compared with money or jewels. Hijab is ordained by Allah Almighty for the sake and interests of all Mankind.

I do not want to cause any dispute here, but I dont see any proof that women has to cover their faces as part of the hijab as ordained by Allah. Please do not start a debate about this.

Thank you,

It's not equating women with money or jewels, ofcourse we're more precious than those. Money or jewels were just used as an example so that others may understand the significance of HIJAAB and that Allaah swt ordained it for a logical reason.

west

I do not think that women are been equated to jewels, money etc.....it is the value of women in Islam.

It does not necessairly refer to the niqaab.....remember, Muslim women dress modestly ad we cover our heads - thus we are safeguarding our beauty not necessarily the face) but our bodies for our husbands.....

Aref

Salam alikum.
I think that Sis.Hurul-ein made a perfect job making her point, and we have to comprehend one thing:the prophet Muhammad (sala allahu alaihi wa sallam) was, (after Allah), the best in understeanding the nature of human beings he, used to talk to people in a way that was easy for them to understand the message, and not everyone was in the same level.
He will not talk to Abu Bakr or Omar (radiallahu anhum) in the same way as to a beduin of the desert and vice versa.
We should smart,open minded and quick to seise any oportunity to give dawa, but with honor and dignity, if anyone come's near islam through us, then is ablesing for us to,is not a "favor" from us, !DO NOT FORGET! how many dumb questions did WE made before accepting islam, but they were not dumb,it was just that we did not know any better, or wasn't it?
and Allah know best.

PD.please forgive me if i ofended anyone, was not at all my intention.
Salam Alaikum

binterik

Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatulaahi wa Barakatuh

Dear sisters and brothers,

I wear niqaab, but when I first became convinced about hijaab, my mother in law quoted Muhammad Ali, what he told his daughter. It goes along with the thinking in this post...that Allah has hidden the treasures of the earth like diamonds and gold deep in the earth...they are precious and so not for every eye to see, and this is like hijaab.
A da'ee made this correlation too and I dont see the harm in it...the comparison is not direct, the brother finished the argument by saying, "If you will hide your money in your pocket, then why is your wife, whom is worth more than that, uncovered and available for any eye to see?"
So the woman is more precious of course than money or other wealth, but the demonstration here is of a respect of something lesser to magnify the importance of the greater thing...
salaams