For the non Muslims

SweetAmirah

Mairo I agree with you, and I really feel there is a need to do just that!
I feel like Allah is guiding me in that direction someday.
First I must grow in my deen. Learn all there is to know about it, and everything else for that matter!!
Alhamdulilah I am so happy!

Shawtin

Mashallah, i foundyour post really intresting well done!!! I too am trying to surrond my self with muslim friends.When you are a convert its hard to be accepted in both communities. My friends dont understand and some born muslims dont either. I have added you to my msn if thats ok? xx

massi

:salam2:
You are welcome my sister ....but first you have to spend more time to learn
about Islam and Sunna ......and it's better for you to avoid any debate about
Islam until you have a good knowledge about Islam because there are many
Enemies and they have a lot of Suspicious and always it seem very hard but our
Ignorance make them winner .....so guide your motivation to your knowledge .
ALLAH bless you...
:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap:

Meraj

Brother
:salam2: dear sister..
just i can make dua for you sis....may Allah (SWT) help you in ur efforts and make you a good example for islam inshaAllah....hope you will do good for all and inshaAllah Allah (SWT) will do good for you inshAllah....
may Allah (SWT) give you and all muslims enough knowledge to defend their deen and follow it in a proper way inshaAllah....

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister SweetAmirah,

I congratulate you for entering the religion of Islam. I ask Allah to increase your knowledge and strengthen your faith.

Aameen.

Please watch the following lecture by Yasir Qadhi. He talks about debunking the male bias myth, but from a totally new perspective that will -God willing- help you in answering any attacks on Islam.

[vg]5289081445493804871[/vg]

Also, please check out the following two links. They'll lead you to some interesting videos and to some books that will -God willing- benefit you:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88428&postcount=5
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116206&postcount=5

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

SweetAmirah

Jazakallah Khyer BlueGazer!!!

I am in class when I found this post but inshallah I will look at it very soon!!!

I also agree with an above post, saying inshallah I need to learn more about Islam and sunnah. That person is very right. I can write it out, but when it comes face to face, I am still too new. I do indeed stay away from debates because I am not yet equipped, but Allah SWT will guide me to what he wants me to learn inshallah.

`

Bluegazer

Thank you, sister Amirah, for your kind words.

After watching the video, try clicking the second link I posted above. You'll find a link to a book titled "Fundamentals of Tawheed". It was written by Dr. Bilal Philips.

I strongly suggest you start by reading this book, because it deals with the most important aspect of Islam. Believing that God Almighty is one, worshiping Him alone and making sure that any form of worship is directed to Him alone and no one else.

aisha31601

Also a new Muslimah, alhumdilalah

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I too am facing questions reguarding my rights as a muslimah. You have helped me to arm myself with more knowledge about women's rights.

My new mother-in-law is treated like a queen. Seeing the way my husband and his family act toward her helped me make the decision to revert to Islam.

I feel so blessed to have been shown this religion and I know that Allah (SWT) chose to bring my husband and I together for this reason.

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
:salam2:

:ma: sister, that was a very nice well said thread.
It is so nice to have a recently converted sister having so much knowledge about the most criticized topic in the west.
WE MUSLIM WOMEN REALLY APPRECIATE THIS. I think every muslimah should be equipped with these answers (especially the arab muslimahs) because most of the arab men follow the cultures and it might come as a shock because people just think that only the west criticize muslimah's rights, but according to my experience, the arab men who value their culture more than their religion are worse than the westeners.
Some even believe that women were supposed to be murdered when they are born. :astag:
I hope i did not offend the arab brothers in this forum but i was not generalising.

Allah knows my niyah

SweetAmirah

Dear sisters Aisha and Faiza,

Jazakallah Khyer for your kind words.
It is nice to know that what I am passionate about may help others Alhamdulilah, May Allah provide me and all muslimahs with more knowledge of this topic everyday Aameen.

It is so very important for all muslimah, revert or born, to know their rights.
belief of burying women when they are born was around in the days of the Prophet (PBUH), Its hard to believe however that people still think this way:(

BlueGazer, I have already read one small book about Tawheed and I am now reading a rather larger book called Kitab At-Tawheed Explained written by Imam Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab.

Jazakallah for your help!

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
Welcome to Islam :)
wow a lot of Muslims dont agree with some of that stuff... its great that u have excepted it so fast...

but just one question... in Islam, r u allowed to NOT get married.. or to NOT have kids?

SweetAmirah

Welcome to Islam :)
wow a lot of Muslims dont agree with some of that stuff... its great that u have excepted it so fast...

but just one question... in Islam, r u allowed to NOT get married.. or to NOT have kids?

I could answer only from what I heard, and opinion and that would be wrong. Inshallah you will find an imam, or someone with the knowledge on this.
If I ever find it I will let you know Inshallah!

Revertee

As'Salaam Alaikum SweetAmirah,

I have gone thru the post about your family, Yes ofcourse Im also facing the same at my end, We have to pray Allah(SWT) for their guidance, at the same time we have to preach them what is the true, why we are reverted. Bcoz Parents are the most dear people after Allah(SWT)andProphet Mohammed(PBUH).

If we know one thing about ISlam, we have to pass that message to the people.

Dawah is the responsibility of A Muslim,

Allah says in Sura An-Nahal Aayat 125

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good admonition and argue with them in a way that is best. No doubt. Your Lord knows well who has strayed from His way and He knows well those who are guided.

Jazak'Allah Khair

ProudMusulman

I am no scholar, and I am new to Islam (about a month)

you don't really have to be a Scholar in Islam
you should share what ever you know about Islam and create awareness

About men being allowed 4 wives.Do you think a woman would really want four husbands? Would YOU want 4 husbands to take care of at the end of the day?! Its hard enough caring for one! (laundry, dinner, ETC)
The whole reason behind men being allowed 4 wives is for social needs. In the times of the Prophet (peace be upon him) there was a lot of war. Men would leave their wives and kids and not return home. What were these women supposed to do to care for her family? there was no social support in those days. Everything about Islam is an answer to a problem. You don't see too many Muslim men taking more than one wife these days because he has to treat each one equally. That means, a house for each wife, he has to spend the same amount of time with each wife, therefore you have to be WELL OFF in order to do this. And in fact, while polygamy is allowed, even Allah SWT in the quran says one is better.

well said
i will like to add one more thing that Muhammad(PBUH) didn't marry those women who were the most beautiful in Arabia but the most vulnerable, most of them were widows and older then him

I am sorry for going on like this, May Allah guide you to the truth. Aameen.
:tti_sister:

you should not be sorry your post was great