Forgive me but I need to vent

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum -

I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread. But I really need to vent on something that is making me very reluctant to be part of this Ummah in America:

Assalam'alaykum

I have real trouble understanding where you're coming from ..I think I recall you making similar comments prior to now.

Im not judging you ..I just don't get it.

Well since Islam is very heavily represented as a People of Color Only religion, I doubt you would understand, unless you were Caucasian living in the US.

I am a white American who has been given no voice in Islam. Everlast - also a rapper (but white) converted to Islam in 1996 but you never hear of him. He never gets interviewed on the Deen Show. Yusuf Islam, aka Cat Stevens is interviewed left and right...but he's British.

Every fictional TV show that has a Muslim in it the role is played by a Black actor (check out NCIS: Los Angeles - LL Cool J is the Muslim, not the white Chris O'donnell). The Warith Deen/NoI version of Islam is so prevalent here in the US that that is all that so many Americans see. And in my humble opinion, ANY version of Islam that caters ONLY to one racial demographic is, to me, a deviant akeeda. (Sidebar here: the wife of a good friend of mine, both of whom are African American Muslims, posted on her Facebook "Just because I'm Black American doesn't mean I'm going to practice a watered down version of Islam")

Who is it that I'm suppose to look up to? Hamza Yusuf? Everyone dislikes him because he's a Sufi and promotes the worship of Mohammad s.a.w. Yusuf Estes? He's not even a shaykh, he says things that are wrong - and even I personally tried to correct him and he verbally attacked me for doing so. Jamal Zarabozo? I personally know this shaykh very well as he's a member of my community and I've gotten spiritual guidance from him several times, yet there are "warnings" about him all over the internet.

Loon took shahadah and he was plastered all over the internet. Even on this very site, TTI, there were more than a dozen threads dedicated to him. Less than a year later he's giving lectures on YouTube. Congratulations, but he's not a shaykh.

Freeway was also plastered all over the 'net, even though he clearly stated he wasn't interested in quitting rapping (at that time) and was using the money he got from his trade to go to Hajj ... and he RAPPED about it in same songs that talk about shooting people.

Now Mike Tyson. He was convicted of molesting another boy when he was 16. He was convicted of beating his wife. He bit off half of Evander Holyfield's ear in a widely televised fight. Now he's being made a hero because he's doing what millions do every year: doing Umrah. Literally every Islamic website I've been to since the beginning of July had that as the headline.

Siraj Wahhaj, the head of MANA - the Muslim Alliance of North America (check out their webstite http://www.mana-net.org/ - not a single white face among the Muslim "representation" on the top of the page) yet he continuously gives khutbah to the Nation of Islam. One member of MANA has gone public to say "Half of the Muslims in the US are immigrants, the other half are African American", totally ignoring Hispanic and Caucasian (and any other hyphenated-American) Muslims.

Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya, a Vietnamese born American who I had the privilege of studying under in his Shepherd's Path class, says "Look at the state of the Ummah, someone like me who should be giving karate lessons, is teaching you about Islam" (about the stereotype of American Islam, link).

Most of the Caucasian & Mexican/Hispanic reverts that I know personally (and I know of many, our shaykh speaks fluent Spanish) eventually stop coming to the masjid because we're looked at with suspicion and with no small level of contempt. African brothers born outside of the US are cordial, loving, and friendly. The majority of the snubbing I get is from the American born Black brothers, most of whom won't even look me in the eye when I offer them the salaam (they will take my hand but not offer a reply), or from the Pakistanis who won't let their feet or shoulders touch mine in salaat because they think I'm FBI.

One Caucasian brother who no longer attends the masjid other than for Jummuah asked Sh. Jamal Zarabozo what advice he could give a White convert and the shakyh said only one word: "Patience".

When I took Shahadah I had a Myspace page. A friend posted a comment for all to see saying "How can you be Muslim? You're not Black!" And that, my brothers and sisters in Islam, is a common sentiment felt and exhibited in America.

I know that if I were any other demographic than Caucasian American I would have many people telling me "Oh I totally understand how you feel". But as a white American I'm not allowed to have feelings. I'm not allowed to feel alone or separated. I'm not allowed to feel frustration. So instead I know I'm going to get flamed for this post.

But by Allah, I came to Islam for Allah subhanAllah wa ta'ala, and for our Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salaam. Not for the Ummah. One good friend of mine, a brother in Islam who is also African American, told me a quote from someone who's name escapes me now: he said something along the lines of "Many people convert to Islam, in spite of the Muslims".

I do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings here. I am only crying out because I now do most of my salaat at home in my room because I'm about as alone there as I am in my masjid.

May Allah forgive me if I've said anything wrong, and may my brothers and sisters hear my feelings and not be offended by my words.

ma salaama

Daniel

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I would have many people telling me "Oh I totally understand how you feel". But as a white American I'm not allowed to have feelings. I'm not allowed to feel alone or separated. I'm not allowed to feel frustration. So instead I know I'm going to get flamed for this post.
Just want to point out I didn't claim to know how you felt (I stated the opposite).

Thanks for the explanation, and no, I for one am not offended by your post. Your post is not offensive and no one should 'flame' you for this, you've expressed legitimate reasons for frustration.

To quote what you said yourself, that Muhammad :saw: is your role model, then go with that and stay strong with it.

Wa-alaykum salaam

DanyalSAC

Just want to point out I didn't claim to know how you felt (I stated the opposite).

Thanks for the explanation, and no, I for one am not offended by your post. Your post is not offensive and no one should 'flame' you for this, you've expressed legitimate reasons for frustration.

To quote what you said yourself, that Muhammad :saw: is your role model, then go with that and stay strong with it.

Wa-alaykum salaam

Thank you - rest assured that that wasn't pointed at you or at anyone. I used your quote as a starting point.

salahdin

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ​

Fatir

And no burdened soul can bear another's burden, and if one heavy laden crieth for (help with) his load, naught of it will be lifted even though he (unto whom he crieth) be of kin. Thou warnest only those who fear their Lord in secret, and have established worship. He who groweth (in goodness), groweth only for himself, (he cannot by his merit redeem others). Unto Allah is the journeying. (18)

[003:030] On the Day when every soul will find itself confronted with all that it hath done of good and all that it hath done of evil (every soul) will long that there might be a mighty space of distance between it and that (evil). Allah biddeth you beware of Him. And Allah is Full of Pity for (His) bondmen

[005:105] O ye who believe! Ye have charge of your own souls. He who erreth cannot injure you if ye are rightly guided. Unto Allah ye will all return; and then He will inform you of what ye used to do.

[014:051] That Allah may repay each soul what it hath earned. Lo! Allah is swift at reckoning.

[016:111] On the Day when every soul will come pleading for itself, and every soul will be repaid what it did, and they will not be wronged.

[017:015] Whosoever goeth right, it is only for (the good of) his own soul that he goeth right, and whosoever erreth, erreth only to its hurt. No laden soul can bear another's load, We never punish until we have sent a messenger

[023:062] And we task not any soul beyond its scope, and with Us is a Record which speaketh the truth, and they will not be wronged.

ansari

STRANGER...
the Pakistanis who won't let their feet or shoulders touch mine in salaat because they think I'm FBI.

:salam2: akhi :D

No, brother they don't think that you are from FBI or their Special Agent :lol:
Many Pakistanis follow Hanafi Madhhab. They don't pray foot to foot and shoulder to shoulder. They say(not me) its not in hanafi Madhhab even if we show them authentic hadiths they say " Brother im HANAFI " no offence! :)

when i go to Pakistan. In salah when i join the foot and they keep moving away. sometimes i ask them why you don't let my foot touch yours in salah. they say " in hanafi madhhab do don't have to do this" when i tell them the sahih hadiths they say " im hanafi :SMILY149:"

:wasalam:

DanyalSAC

Many Pakistanis follow Hanafi Madhhab. They don't pray foot to foot and shoulder to shoulder. They say(not me) its not in hanafi Madhhab even if we show them authentic hadiths they say " Brother im HANAFI " no offence! :)

when i go to Pakistan. In salah when i join the foot and they keep moving away. sometimes i ask them why you don't let my foot touch yours in salah. they say " in hanafi madhhab do don't have to do this" when i tell them the sahih hadiths they say " im hanafi :SMILY149:"

Yes I know, we call them "Pakafi"... and they also don't say "AMEEEN" at the end of the Al Fatihah even with all the proof that we should.

But down in Lodi, the city south of Sacramento where I live, the community is very heavily Pakistani and they had 2 brothers in a "terrorist cell" (clicky) arrested back in 2007, and because of that ALL white Muslims in this area are suspect. These are brothers who's families I know, and who go to a sister masjid to mine. It hit very close to home.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You can always join me..between a rock and a hard place. Hey...I lay claims to be a Paki and they shy away.
The white female reverts are the ones in my community that get all the attention. The black revert sisters gets angry.
Me...I float...one day I am Paki...one day I chill with the Arab sisters...some-days I play with the revert sisters; one day black one day white.

I wrote this before... I was in the food line at a wedding..Paki...I was wearing a traditional outfit with hijab ( too cute..if I must say so myself)..no sooner had I finished explaing to an Arab sister I was a Paki but no-one thought so...a Paki sister asked me if I was from Palestine. Go figure.

We are the fortunate ones. We are strangers to everyone. I even have a son that looks and acts white. I tell everyone I adopted him. ( just kidding, people).

For an ummath that is not supposed to pay attention to nationalism or color, dear lord are we confused.

I don't care what you say. I still love ya. You have given up so much for Islam. I see the humility in your posts. I see the Love you have for Allah. I read your pride as you donned on your "native" clothes when you resigned your job. You strive so hard to please Allah. When you visited your parents..the care you took to make acceptable salat.

Forgive me, I do love Mike T. but that is just me. I love everybody and almost everything.

You are dear to me..and Insha'Allah, Allah will reward you with all that pleases you heart as you strive to please him.

hassana elkoussi

Salam alaikum brother Daniel,

SubhanAllah , ur post is somewhat shocking to me. I know such an attitude is so upsetting and frustrating, but let me tell that this frustration will be nothing but a gateway to Shaitan to reside in ur heart and mind. Brother, who cares who's the center of people's attention and who's not, black or caucasian makes no difference. What u should be more concerned about is winning the love of Allah swt not of any other human being. IT is HE SWT in whose Hands the hearts of all people lie. I know such a segregation is sinful, but try to adapt urself to whatever situation you find yourself in. Focus more on ur acts of worship, don't miss congregational prayers just bc a few muslims are totally unaware of the meaning of brotherhood in islam,( u'r only missing loads of rewards promised to those whose hearts are attached to masjids and who attend congregational prayers). Keep in mind the verses of Surat Al Hujurat where Allah says, " Verily the most honorable of you in the eyes of Allah are the most pious." Accordingly, focus more on developing more piety in ur heart, try to stick to the few moslem brothers u had before. If u think this frustration has resulted from the fact that u'r not working at present, try to get urself busy with something benficial, preferably attending classes or gaining more knowledge by any other means. In sha Allah u'll find a way out of these negative feelings with Allah's help and then with ur determination as well.

Besides, I want u to consider the postitive side of this issue. Being the focus of attention or being praised for one's eman ( though I know this is not what u'r up to ) leads to nothing but arrogance in some people. Maybe Allah means to save u from such a destructive evil of the heart. At the same time, try to refer everything that u'r passing through to ur deeds, this is what our pious predecessors used to do. Whatever mishap would befall them, they would hold themselves accountable for their deeds and would welcome any such mishap on the grounds that it would be a means to have their sins forgiven or expiated. Hold tight to ur eman and be a strong muslim: face everything, trust only in Allah and be confident that He'll find u a way out one way or another, just be PATIENT.

As for this highlighted quote,

Asalaamu alaikum -

But by Allah, I came to Islam for Allah subhanAllah wa ta'ala, and for our Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salaam. Not for the Ummah. One good friend of mine, a brother in Islam who is also African American, told me a quote from someone who's name escapes me now: he said something along the lines of "Many people convert to Islam, in spite of the Muslims".ma salaama
Daniel

I honestly don't understand what it means, since all born muslims are always so thrilled to hear of anyone embracing islam, for no other reason but the joy that alhamdulillah someone has been saved, so why "in spite of the Muslims?"

Anyway, I hope u'll be able to get over this frustration as soon as possible and may Allah make things easy for you.

Salam alaikum

Valerie

:salam2:

I wasn't going to post because I wanted to take a step back from TTI, but reading this I have to step in (just for a minute). :)

I honestly don't understand what it means, since all born muslims are always so thrilled to hear of anyone embracing islam, for no other reason but the joy that alhamdulillah someone has been saved, so why "in spite of the Muslims?"

The highlighted quote really made sense to me. It's not something intended to offend anyone, I"m sure (and it wouldn't be if I said it). When I first started looking into Islam, I saw the wonderful things... Prayer, charity, modesty. The things that appealed to me. Lately, I'm not seeing the good things.. I'm seeing people obsessed with the differences between men and women, how women are going to hell and aren't as good as men.. Etc. If I had read all of that prior to converting, I wouldn't have. Stepping back for a couple of days, I have to remember the reasons why I did believe it was the right path. The basics are what's important.... If I wanted people to tell me I'm going to hell I would have stayed Christian.

I know that's not what Daniel is saying, but I had to throw my two cents worth in on the topic, because the quote that you highlighted hit home. I respect everyone here, I have no problems with anyone... But when Islam is portrayed as more about how many virgins men are getting in heaven and whether women are even worthy of being there... It tends to distract from the basics for me.. *shrug*

Edit: back to observing/being quiet :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

I'm seeing people obsessed with the differences between men and women, how women are going to hell and aren't as good as men.. Etc.

Majority of people interested in reverting to Islam (or the ones who have reverted) are women. If the above quoted would to be a part of Islam, women wouldn't be turning to Islam in such numbers. Why would women want to be a part of a religion that treats them as 'second class' or the 'lesser sex' ?

Men and Women *both* have certain restrictions in Islam, if compared to the western society. This is a protection for us muslims, rather than being a burden or hindrance. At the same time, we have rights that non-muslims don't enjoy.

As for women being condemned to hell fire just because of 'being women'. This is again a misconception and not an actual teaching of Islam. However, our sworn enemy Satan has laid specific traps for men and women by which he will lead both sexes (or mankind) in to hell fire in large numbers.

I am sure all these matters will be clear for you InshaAllah as you are willing to read and understand, which is probably one of the best way to gain knowledge.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

aisha16

I really feel for you and hope things get better. I wanna relate to you so you don't think your alone. I'm a Somali Muslimah and I live in a small town in California and most of the Muslims here are either Pakistani/Arab descent. That being said, I don't have much of a connection with them other than deen. And whenever I go to the Masjid...it's very lonely for my family and me. They all greet each other and talk, but leave us out. It makes me feel really bad so I just completely abstained from going to the Masjid. Also, many of the Paki/ Arab brothers/sisters are very racist here. (no I'm not trying to pull the race card) It's the truth. They look at you differently and don't talk to you as well. BUT now we're gonna be moving to a more Somali populated city. Which I'm super happy about....

But anyways I would just tell you that I know what you're going though. And maybe you should move to an area with more White Muslims...so you wouldn't feel as isolated. That could really work if you tried. Hope your condition gets better. It's truly sad to see how Muslims treat one another today. We're not brothers/sisters anymore, but rather look at race....

kayleigh

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading your perspective and now that you mention it, you're right - there aren't many white american reverts to look up to. I never thought of it before.

I distance myself from the local community and prefer to stay away from most people in it. I feel like an outsider, and I've had several very bad experiences with Muslims here. actually... I think they were all bad. Which is why I avoid it as much as possible.

Yeah, there still is the whole element of people being excited to hear that you're a revert, and all the old aunties trying to hook you up with every male they know, but I still get the suspicious and confused looks along with a whole lot of other negative things that I don't even want to begin to go into. The only Muslims who make any effort to make reverts feel welcome are other reverts.

and since we're on the topic of race and reverts, why the heck do people act like white female reverts are some mystical magical beings? What gives? Why are all the guys always interested? Is it some sort of wanting what you usually can't have forbidden fruit thing? Its weird. Hispanic and black female reverts usually don't get the same reaction.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Nay..there are folks like me...we love Muslims..old new young born into..reverts..

Allah subhana talla calls a person to Him. When and where is between Allah and the individual

..and the social club..it is just that...they all have uncles who are widowers for me..( geriatrics )..men who are neither here or there....last week I told everyone...leave me be.. I get the I know a brother in the middle of Idaho who has 20 children..say what?

On the serious side...please find it in your hearts to forgive the stupidity you encounter..and know you are not the only one.

Oh, just read your post...the white female thing. Simple..racism...when the world was in a state of colonialism the one thing that the white man possessed that no one else could have was the white female. The infatuation still is around. Look at all the literature. With many immigrants the white female is open to other cultures much more than men. Women marry immigrants more than men. Marriage becomes the stepping stone into the culture/society. When a non-white Muslim woman marries a revert..she ends up in a nightmare within her community.

MutlekM

:salam2:warahmtullah wabarakatu
I am truly sorry for the misbehavier of the muslim bros in ur community. i know how u feel eventhough im an Arab/German/American at school im usually looked at with disgust and nobody will ever trust me with the slightest thing to start off with but in time they got used to me i earned their respect and their trust. And now goin to my sophomore year in highschool i hav no trouble with my school. i havent blended in with them since i do my prayer with a couple of other muslims in the school and do a lot of other things that they would call "wierd" but they respect and som r even interested. All im sayin is wat my dad told me (ill try my best to translate in English) "if u want to let other ppl accept u than u wont get accepted by them or by Allaah s.w.t but, if want to get accepted and try to get accepted by Allaah s.w.t than Allaah s.w.t will inshaAllaah accept u and will let other ppl accept u regardless of who u r." What im sayin is u go pray at the masjid not for other ppl but for urself dont say salam alaikom because u want the other ppl to say it back. Say it because u want to get the ajr and the Angels will reply. When u talk or walk or do any action beggin it with bismillah and do it with confidence. Just like Muhammad P.B.U.H started out as a stranger just like u and i but he was a stranger to the whole world but ended up as the most important man that ever lived and is probably the most respected human. but if we arent able to live with one another as an ummah than we hav started splitting and weakinning our ummah.
ps. ur bro in Islam

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
and since we're on the topic of race and reverts, why the heck do people act like white female reverts are some mystical magical beings? What gives? Why are all the guys always interested? Is it some sort of wanting what you usually can't have forbidden fruit thing? Its weird. Hispanic and black female reverts usually don't get the same reaction.

I couldn't agree more. I hear these brothers explaining how a revert sister is so pure and committed to deen and Allah. Then they go in great length to explain how a revert doesn't mix religion and ethnic culture and all those sugar coated ideas.

All these brothers harboring these dreams of finding the pure revert sister until... a revert sister is in the community, but guess what.. she is not a blue eyed white revert.. but an African American. And we don't hear those people explaining their wonderful logic and ideas. Rather they say how she should be marrying someone from her own culture, as she would face difficulties adjusting to a born muslim's culture.. :rolleyes:

It's really shameful. If you are really chasing piety and wish to assist someone in their deen by being their spouse, then why consider someone's skin color or ethnicity.

kayleigh

Okay, so I guess it is the whole forbidden fruit concept. But... I think it's really creepy and unfair to reverts who aren't white.

But the curious thing is that I don't see white European girls who were born into Muslim families getting the same treatment.

There is a whole lot of racism amongst Muslims these days, which is I think is sad because one of the reasons why so many minorities have reverted to Islam is because Islam prohibits racism and promotes multiculturalism.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother in Islam..in the larger cities i.e. Atlanta and NYC I believe that the Black sisters have more opportunities for marriage etc. But I keep screaming many of the Black sisters in the US are born Muslims.

As I am from another planet let me have the pleasure of making you all smile: I married a revert Black brother...( my parents loved him ) and then we divorced...he would go with my father to the masjid; we turned a few heads.

We have a lot of xenophobia in Islam.

Healthy Thoughts Lead To Good And Healthy Actions

Thursday, October 23 2008 - by HealthyMuslim Read more articles at HealthyMuslim.Com The great scholar Ibn al-Qayyim wrote in his book al-Fawaa'id, under the chapter heading, "The Origin Of All Knowledge and Action" (p.224, Dar un-Nafaa'is 1989):

quote-start.gif
The origin of all perceived knowledge and chosen action lies in notions and thoughts. For these [both] necessitate imaginations, and imaginations call towards desires and desires necessitate the occurrence of action. The abundant repetition of this [action] then leads to the formation of a habit. Thus, the rectification of all these [subsequent] steps lies in the rectification of the notions and thoughts, and the corruption [in these subsequent steps] lies in the corruption of these [notions and thoughts].
Rectification of thoughts occurs by their being mindful of their Master and Lord, and ascending to Him, revolving around His pleasure and love, for indeed, by Him, the Sublime, is all of rectification. He is the one with all guidance, and by His granting of success is all of right-direction, and in His guarding of His servant is every protection (for the servant) ...

He also said, continuing later:

quote-start.gif
Know that notions and whisperings lead what is associated with them to [the faculty] of thinking (thought). The thought then leads them to remembrance (tadhakkur). Thought takes them and leads them to the will (iraadah). The will takes them and leads them to the limbs and to action. These then become deeply rooted and become an [established] habit. Thus, to repel them (the notions and whisperings) from their very foundations is easier than cutting them off after their [development of] strength and completion.

He also said, a page later:

quote-start.gif
So when you repel the notion that comes to your [heart or mind], you will have repelled whatever follows on from it. And if you harbour it, it will become a roaming thought that will make use of the [individual's] desire. Then the desire and the thought together will both encourage the use of the limbs. If the limbs are not used, they (the desire and the thought) will return back to the heart with wishes and lusts to lead it in the desired direction. It is known that rectifying the notions [that pass through the heart or mind] is easier than rectifying thoughts, and rectifying thoughts is easier than rectifying desires, and rectifying desires is easier than rectifying the corruption in action, and rectifying [the corruption in action] is easier than cutting off [from developed] habits.
Hence, the most beneficial cure is to busy yourself with thinking about what will benefit you as opposed to what will not benefit you, for thinking about what will not benefit you is the door to every evil.

What does this mean? Well, whatever thoughts, notions and ideas pass through your mind, then they will eventually lead to their expression in action. That eventual expression in action will be directly correlated to the nature of the original thoughts, notions and ideas. Good for good, evil for evil.

Further, to rectify at the very beginning of these steps - which is the stage where these thoughts and notions occur in your mind and heart - is much easier than having to get rid of a habit. Because a habit is the eventual outcome of all of these steps if a person allows them to continue progressively.

So a healthy sound mind is one in which only beneficial thoughts occur and all bad and evil thoughts are repelled. By keeping ones mind occupied with only those thoughts and ideas that are related to whatever is of outward benefit, a person keeps his or her actions in check.

A mind that has only good thoughts leads to good and beneficial actions. It is a healthy sound mind. Having bad thoughts and notions makes one susceptible to the outward expression of these thoughts in one's actions, leading to corrupt actions and development of hard-to-rid habits. It all starts with what goes through your heart and mind. Take care of it at that stage because its the easiest!

That's the simple message in these valuable words.

http://www.healthymuslim.com/articles/hfqzp-healthy-thoughts-lead-to-good-and-healthy-actions.cfm

found this article interesting and informative. I am not saying that the discussion is falling into this description, but I benefited from this article.

TipuSultan

Banned
lengthy thread did not go through it in full.

but cat stevens is also a causcian right.

and yes in India also they follow hanafi but I don't belief in all that stuff.I am a muslim and that is more important to me. when I go to mosque it is Allah's mosque and where majority of people are praying like hanafi I pray like salafi and when I go to a mosque where majority of people are praying like salafi I pray like hanafi and when I go to a mosque where majority of people are praying like shafi I pray like hammbali.:SMILY149:

it is Allah who accepts namaz and Allah does not like rigidity in religion. it is wrong to say that only this way is acceptable and no other way.

dna1987

Muslim Guy

You know that only about 15% of all the Hanafi textbooks have been interpreted into English. Each school of thought had their own, but correct method, of interpreting the hadiths. These scholars spent their whole lives simplifying things for us, with a CONSISTENT method of interpreting the hadiths. I know it doesn't make much sense now, but if I can find some examples to make it clearer, I'll post them.