Found in my paper today: Osama bin Laden and Islam

JenGiove

:salam2: Brothers and Sisters,

In the Commentary section of my newspaper, taking up one half of the lower section was the following article:

I remember very clearly the sad morning of Sept. 11, 2001. It was certainly a sad and dark day. As an American and a Muslim my grief was twofold.

On one hand thousands of my fellow countrymen were mercilessly killed in a barbaric act of terrorism, and on the other hand the perpetrators of this inhuman crime claimed affiliation to my religion, a religion whose teachings are completely contrary to the heinous deed they had committed.

Last Monday morning, when I saw the headlines declaring that Osama bin Laden-mastermind behind al-Qaida-had been killed, I felt a sense of relief. The American in me was satisfied that justice had been served to this evil man who slautered hundreds and thousands of innocent Americans 10 years ago.

The Muslim in me was glad that this man will no longer be able to malign and exploit my religion for his own personal and political gains. He manipulated some Muslims, used religion to stoke their emotions, fed them lies, and recruited them to do his dirty deeds. He did a lot of damage to the image of Islam. Because of that, many innocent Muslims in the West who don't even share his ideologies have to suffer mistreatment and mistrust by their neighbors. Because of him they have a guilt thrust upon them for a crime they didn't even commit.

There is a big misunderstanding among some people that bin Laden was a spiritual or religious leader of Muslims. He certainly wasn't. He was only a political leader with a dangerous political agenda. His ideologies, which he attributed to Islam, are completely unfounded in the teachings of Islam, which forbids shedding the blood of innocent people and condemns those who spread chaos and disorder in the world.

As it was expected, bin Laden's supporters are now trying to paint his death as an attack on Islam and glorifying him as a martyred Muslim hero-which he is absolutely not. I hope that their venom does not poison the minds of more naive Muslims around the world. I also hope that Muslims, especially American Muslims, wil shun bin Laden's perverted version of Islam, and keep his demented ideas out of their communities. Let his evil die with him.

As far as my Muslim community (Ahmadiyya ) is concerned, not only are we busy as ever in rooting out extremist innovations from within Islam and educating outsiders about the true peaceful nature of Islam, but we are also busy praying.

We are praying that this will be the beginning of the end of 'Islamic" terrorists. They are an abomination that has caused immense pain and suffering to thousands of Muslims and non-Muslims alike all over the world; they are a disgrace to Islam and humanity.

May God bring an end to their reign of terror and may peace prevail. Amen.

Aamna Bhatti
writes from Frederick.

Perseveranze

It's sad because this person doesn't even know whether Bin Laden was truly behind 9/11 or not.

Islam teaches you not to pass judgement on others and to confirm facts for yourself. No one should be praising Bin Laden, but at the same time you shouldn't affiliate things to him you most certainly don't know the facts about.

Also this person needs to look at history, Islam's always been under attack for 1400 years. In the middle ages they may not have any Muslims living in their countries to terrorize them, but instead they would draw insulting pictures of the Prophet(pbuh) and tell their people Islam is spread through the sword (As i'm sure alot of people would be curious as to how a religion is growing in the middle east so fast that it can compete with Christianity).

Point is, terrorists or not, Muslims will always be treated as second class.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
As far as my Muslim community (Ahmadiyya is concerned, not only are we busy as ever in rooting out extremist innovations from within Islam and educating outsiders about the true peaceful nature of Islam, but we are also busy praying.

This is not Islamic site and it should not be posted here.

Dear Jennifer can you please edit and remove this link , because it is not Islamic site.:astag: And Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
It's sad because this person doesn't even know whether Bin Laden was truly behind 9/11 or not.

Islam teaches you not to pass judgement on others and to confirm facts for yourself. No one should be praising Bin Laden, but at the same time you shouldn't affiliate things to him you most certainly don't know the facts about.

Also this person needs to look at history, Islam's always been under attack for 1400 years. In the middle ages they may not have any Muslims living in their countries to terrorize them, but instead they would draw insulting pictures of the Prophet(pbuh) and tell their people Islam is spread through the sword (As i'm sure alot of people would be curious as to how a religion is growing in the middle east so fast that it can compete with Christianity).

Point is, terrorists or not, Muslims will always be treated as second class.

:salam2:

I agree with you respected brother Alhamdulilah.

Allah knows Only and the Best who Osama Bin Laden( raheemehullah) was and was he a terroririst as he was represented and how were his deeds.

Allah subhan wa teala knows the best.

May Allah guide us all and protect our Ummah.

:wasalam:

JenGiove

This is not Islamic site and it should not be posted here.

Dear Jennifer can you please edit and remove this link , because it is not Islamic site.:astag: And Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all

If I personally removed it, I would be altering the writers words so I could not...but its a mute point now since BrotherInIslam removed it..

EDIT: OH MY! I just went to the site and almost puked! BrotherInIslam7, JAZAKALLAH KHAIR! for removing that link!!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

As far as my Muslim community (Ahmadiyya ) is concerned, not only are we busy as ever in rooting out extremist innovations from within Islam and educating outsiders about the true peaceful nature of Islam, but we are also busy praying.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66840

The Ahmadiyyah are not Muslim. See link above and search the site for more information on this deviated sect, they believe a man after Mohammad salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam was a Prophet.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

The person who wrote the article is not a Muslim and he is a nationalist anyway. Total corrupted aqeedah. What does he know about Islam?

bari

This deviated sect (Qadiani, Ahamdiyyaa) are just like mormons. Qadianis regard Mrza Qadiani as messenger :)astag:) same ways Joseph Smith is regarded my mormons. This deviate sect are not mainstream muslims. Totally out of the fold of Islam.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
we don't really know what's happening out of here.Bin Laden made his mistakes(in his ignorance he thought that he would have obtained what he wanted with the violence),but how many mistakes made the others?it was supposed that in Iraq there were nuclear weapon and many innocents died.(I saw how american soldiers tortured iraqian prisonniers,and it wasn't a good sight:girl3:)
No,by my point of view Islam isn't in the"second class".instead!Islam is the truth and the truth is always the first one...but sadly the truth many times hurts!keep on,brother Perseveranze:SMILY346::wasalam:

Seeker-of-truth

we don't really know what's happening out of here.Bin Laden made his mistakes(in his ignorance he thought that he would have obtained what he wanted with the violence),but how many mistakes made the others?it was supposed that in Iraq there were nuclear weapon and many innocents died.(I saw how american soldiers tortured iraqian prisonniers,and it wasn't a good sight:girl3:)
No,by my point of view Islam isn't in the"second class".instead!Islam is the truth and the truth is always the first one...but sadly the truth many times hurts!keep on,brother Perseveranze:SMILY346::wasalam:

Ofcourse you try fighting, its quite obvious you will never win against americans by compromise. They will totally surrender and offer friendship on live tv but behind the scenes nothing will have changed and it will reach a point where you will say to the public nothing has changed and they will say sure Obama has decided to give in. Like his promise of removing Guantanamo Bay that one fooled everyone. Quietly it still operates outside of the headlines as deadly as ever.

And Ahmadiyya sect is absolutely disgusting ewww A'oothubillah, how do you even join ahmadiyya its so silly that everyone born into it should have left by the age of 5.

Ahsen

Yesterday i was watching a news channel and it showed international leaders who faced charges of human rights abuse.I didn't see the names of bush,areil sharon,ehud olmert.Are these people aliens.So from what i get is that if you kill muslims you are doing a favor for the world but muslims don't even have the right to defend themselves.

JenGiove

Yesterday i was watching a news channel and it showed international leaders who faced charges of human rights abuse.I didn't see the names of bush,areil sharon,ehud olmert.Are these people aliens.So from what i get is that if you kill muslims you are doing a favor for the world but muslims don't even have the right to defend themselves.

Actually, They WERE brought up on charges....The initial complaint is too long to post here but here's the link and the list of charges followed by the link for the finial judgement by the IWCT.

http://deoxy.org/wc/warcrim2.htm
Initial Complaint Charging

George Bush, J. Danforth Quayle, James Baker,
Richard Cheney, William Webster, Colin Powell,
Norman Schwarzkopf and Others to be named

With:

Crimes Against Peace, War Crimes, Crimes Against
Humanity and Other Criminal Acts and High Crimes in
Violation of the Charter of the United Nations,
International Law, the Constitution of the United States
and Laws made in Pursuance Thereof.

http://deoxy.org/wc/warcrim3.htm

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Why is it laughable?

Hi Jen,

In short;

If you think posting a link which says Bush and his henchmen are supposedly being charged for war crimes is going to be believed then really thats sad, Who are you kidding ..? Just yourself, if you believe it.

If you stand the slightest chance of understanding why I laughed, you need to be open to the facts. You should open a history book, consult your own sources, in fact, why ask a Muslim? A Muslim is the last person you're likely to take the word of for something like this.

JenGiove

Hi Jen,

In short;

If you think posting a link which says Bush and his henchmen are supposedly being charged for war crimes is going to be believed then really thats sad, Who are you kidding ..? Just yourself, if you believe it.

If you stand the slightest chance of understanding why I laughed, you need to be open to the facts. You should open a history book, consult your own sources, in fact, why ask a Muslim? A Muslim is the last person you're likely to take the word of for something like this.

Did you read the links? Did you read the supporting links? Did you do your own search? Did you try to understand the legal terms used so that you understand exactly what is being said and not what you think it means?

Here, allow me to make it a little easier for you.

http://deoxy.org/wc/bookinfo.htm

WAR CRIMES
A Report on United States
War Crimes Against Iraq

Ramsey Clark and others
report to the Commission of Inquiry for the International War Crimes Tribunal
ISBN 0-944624-15-4

Commission of Inquiry for the International War Crimes Tribunal
36 East 12th Street
New York, NY 10003
[SIZE=-1]FAX 212-979-1583

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The link was written by the author of the book, Ramsey Clark and others. You can also get it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/War-Crimes-Re...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1307013422&sr=8-2

The report is real....the red tape of the court system is also real, unfortunately.
[/SIZE]​

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Hi,

Laughable. Who made that site?

Lol.

I second that. It was made 20 years back anyways they are masters in manipulating the law and proving what they did is right. Just like Small bush who said any one caught in Afghanistan should be sent directly to Guantanamo and classified as enemy combatant not POW. Therefore they should not be treated as per Geneva convention so do whatever you like with the prisoners.

Any American cannot be prosecuted for war crimes under ICC so forget about the presidents being prosecuted. They are just above law

Alqaeda does not exist

Alqaeda does not exist

I am an Indonesian, when i was 28, at 2002, alqaeda really inspired me, then i look for joint them, but i can't find them in my country

clear a year after news of al-Qaeda appears pd th 2001, which at the time of the incident the U.S. attack Afghanistan and Iraq. real time many Muslim youth around the world including in Indonesia who have a desire to help Iraq and Afghanistan for jihad. current expectations of the youth at Al-Qaeda as a place or a place for them to channel the spirit of jihad they're high. if al Qaeda organization that truly exist, surely they would welcome him, and opening various outposts throughout the representatives of the Muslim world, ranging from main islamic people from bottom at the district level, district level to twig to the neighborhood level, but the fact that time is that the majority of the world community Muslims still do not know Al-Qaeda to date. their knowledge about al Qaeda is not personal, intense and detailed, well because they knew about al Qaeda only from TV and internet only.

unlike for example the MCC (Indonesian ikhwanul muslimin) brother here that their knowledge of IM in Egypt, Hamas in Palestine, Islamic Jihad, Hamas comes from their own internal channels, they could have information about IM, Hamas, which could be traced, if we want to know about the Palestinian Hamas. we could track them

Al-Qaeda does not establish a distinguished network of socially rooted to the whole society Muslims, even though the layer beneath it, when the network is strongly rooted to the bottom of it you know and easy to be influenced, because it is inhabited by a majority of Muslims, most likely lower/bottom level, the number of Muslims among more than 90% of total community of Muslims. especially the situation at the time when the Muslims were look for very circles under their support for al Qaeda

sorry for my poor english

Alqaeda does not exist

if al Qaeda chose to fight with stealth action so as not utterly exhausted, should not be done in absolute hiding at all any party. at least in front of his own kind that is the Muslims as the basis for their struggle, they should remain still a few open channels of socialization, particularly at the lower level network communication which occupied the majority of the Muslims.

I would compare it to Hamas and Hezbollah, Hamas also perform acts of terrorism to the Israeli forces, they often perform a suicide bombing on Israeli troops. The material is very easy to cut off Hamas if we compare it with the strength of Israel, especially during the early days of its formation.
but they still dare to come too though fought in such a way by the strength of Israel, and now his movement is successful. if Al-Qaeda really exist, at least they will dare to take steps such as Hamas, given 'the news was widely' that the potential strength of Al-Qaeda looks much bigger than Hamas.

Hamas can be traced the existence of existence by the Muslims. we could track basis to check on the Palestinian struggle, the struggle of Hamas movement, although invisible in the presence of the Israeli enemy but still receive the channel relationship to the base of the struggle of the Muslims as a whole in the world. This is important and useful, can better help fight

Hezbollah did so well during the first battle in 2000 when Israel was still occupying Lebanon, Hezbollah often perform acts of terrorism, Hezbollah frequent suicide bombings on Israeli troops, suicide bombings carried out first in the world even by Hezbollah fighters. they also bombed the U.S. Marine barracks suicide in 1983 in Beirut that killed hundreds of U.S. Marines who make American troops pull out of Lebanon.

Hezbollah conduct terrorist acts secretly applied only to American and Israeli troops, but the circle itself (the Muslims), they keep open a channel of socialization, and now proven to remain accepted by society with Hezbollah and Hezbollah's success until now still exist

If Al-Qaeda really exist, then they should dare to show himself in the midst of Muslim communities at the time when many young men want to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan and facilitate