Four Years Later. My journey within Islam

Wulf

A'Salaamu Aleikom

Where do I start?
I Reverted to Islam in 2006 and since then things have become very difficult.

Two months after reverting my wife of 14 years left me with two children, moving in with another male. I figured that it must have been for the best, according to the will of Allah Ta'ala.

In trying to find aa new wife and Mother for my children I was swindled of my life's savings by a supposed Muslimah living in the Uk. My future as far as as Marriage is concerned now looks a little dim.

A year after reverting, my Diabetes became worse resulting in a cateract causing blindness in one eye, and the loss of all my teeth.

I then developed severe Diabetic Ulcers on my lower legs causing severe pain 24 hours a day, resulting in my left foot becoming Gangerous. In 2010 I have spend a total of six months in Hospital, loseing my left big toe to Gangrene,living with severe Peripheral Arterial disease, painful Leg Ulcers and faceing the distinct possibility of loseing my left leg and even my other one as well.
Apart from this, I am now mostly reliant on a wheelchair to get around. Despite these problems, I teach Muslim Refugees conversational English and basic I.T., as a Volunteer

Now, the question. I Pray five times a day my obligatory prayers, (and possibly another 20 times asking Allah Subhanna wa Ta'Ala to please intervene in my difficulties.)
I read the Holy Qur'an daily and try to the best of my ability to be an obedient servant. Enshallah I will become a better muslim.

I love Allah Ta'Ala obove all others and would not abandon Islam for any reason. However in saying this I cannot help but sometimes think that He (Ta'ala) may have abandoned me. I mean like before I reverted everything was fine, afterwards? At times I ask myself whether life is worth the effort. I suppose this is normal when peoples lives become seemingly too much to bear.

In writing this, I do not seek sympathy. Such would be wasted on me as sympathy does not fix things.
I am seeking answers as to why I have to live this way while raising two children, on my own without a partner to help, or seemingly divine help in making things a bit better

I realise that there are many who are worse off, but it can be easy to forget.

If I have offended anyone in writing this, I do sincerely beg your forgiveness as it is not within me to cause discomfort to anyone.

I pray that Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala will continue to watch over you and those whom you hold dear.

W'Aleikom Salaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Because you can. He has given you the responsibility of being a father. Alhumdullila.

Recently I heard words of comfort from a kuthba. The imam stated when a Muslim is faced with adversity a Muslim says: Allah Akbar.

Life is a process. And in each second we have a choice. Do we believe or do we not. It is that simple. The next second is not promised.

Our hearts are held by Allah. Each second we are blessed.

Brother, Allah has told us He is True. Allah is our Provider, Allah is our Guardian. I think of Job.

In your poor health you continue to Love and Give. That energy source is a blessing from Allah subhana talla.

In the vernacular, my hat off to you.

In a sense you are free.

Brother, Insha'Allah, I will keep you in my dua. You are not alone. What blessings Allah has showered you with in this trial.

my love,

aapa

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

May Allah help you dear brother in your difficult times. It is hard for mother to be left with child, and more is harder for one father. Sometimes Allah wish to see how is our trust in Him, and that is why sometimes Allah subhan wa teala is testing us with hard things, because trust in Allah is shown trough hardships. Do not forget dear brother that Allah loves more strong Servant than the week one, although both are good,and do not forget that Allah will never leave you.

To Allah are coming our duas,but we need to wait with sabr and patiance.This life is souranded more with hardships than with happiness, but Allah is giver of both, hardships and happiness.Even if we are tested, it is not with something that we can not take, and it is not forever, because after each trouble, it comes calmness from Allah. After drought it comes rain, after rain it comes sun,and after hardships it somes easeness. All praise be to Allah, The Best Giver,The Provider, the Calmer of hearts and the Best Helper.

May Allah give soon wife for you dear brother and to be mother of your childen,and give you good life on both worlds. ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

salahdin

Wa aleikum musalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu bro may ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH help you be it here or in the next life for

Prophet (peace and blessing be upoin him) said Nu`man bin Bashir (May Allah bepleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith has the same purport which is mentioned in the previous Hadith. It says that Muslims are akin to a living person. When he feels pain in one of his eyes, for example, his entire body feels it. When he suffers from a headache, he feels its pain throughout his body.

Patience and Perseverance

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"O you who believe! Endure and be more patient..". (3:200)

"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient)". (2:155)

"Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.'' (39:10)

"And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives, that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah.'' (42:43)

"Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly, Allah is with As-Sabirun (the patient).'' (2:153)

"And surely, We shall try you till We test those who strive hard (for the Cause of Allah) and As-Sabirun (the patient)'' (47:31)

[005:048] And unto thee have We revealed the Scripture with the truth, confirming whatever Scripture was before it, and a watcher over it. So judge between them by that which Allah hath revealed, and follow not their desires away from the truth which hath come unto thee. For each We have appointed a divine law and a traced-out way. Had Allah willed He could have made you one community. But that He may try you by that which He hath given you (He hath made you as ye are). So vie one with another in good works. Unto Allah ye will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ.

006:053] And even so do We try some of them by others, that they say: Are these they whom Allah favoureth among us ? Is not Allah best Aware of the thanksgivers ?

[006:165] He it is Who hath placed you as viceroys of the earth and hath exalted some of you in rank above others, that He may try you by (the test of) that which He hath given you. Lo! Thy Lord is swift in prosecution, and Lo! He verily is Forgiving, Merciful

[047:031] And verily We shall try you till We know those of you who strive hard (for the cause of Allah) and the steadfast, and till We test your record.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A Muslim, male or female, continues to remain under trial in respect of his life, property and offspring until he faces Allah, the Exalted, with no sin record".
[At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: We come to know from this Hadith that Muslims are special targets of trials, but a redeeming feature of these trials is that Muslims' sins are pardoned through them provided they remain firm in their Faith and patience.

Abu Malik Al-Harith bin Asim Al-Ash`ar (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Wudu' is half of Salah; the utterance of (Al-hamdu lillah - all praise belongs to Allah) fills the Scales of good actions; the utterance of (Subhan Allah wa Al-hamdu lillah) (Allah is far removed from every imperfection and all praise belongs to Allah) fills the space between the heavens and the earth, and Salat (prayer) is light; and charity is the proof of Faith; and endurance is light, and the Qur'an is a plea in your favour or against you. Every person departs; he either ransoms it or puts it into perdition".
[Muslim].
Commentary:
1. Piety in all forms is meritorious. And Faith means Faith in its perfect form. Some people are of the opinion that here Faith means Salat. Purification is essential for Salat and this is the reason it is regarded as half of Salat.

2. Excellence of the remembrance of Allah.

3. Inducement for concentration on Salat because it is a light which provides guidance to a Muslim at every step and prevents him from obscenity and unlawful actions.

4. Sadaqah signifies a Muslim's sincerity and devotion.

5. The praiseworthiness of patience. It is a strong weapon of a Muslim which provides him with steadfastness.

6. The Qur'an is a means of salvation as well as destruction for a Muslim. If one acts upon its orders, it becomes a means of his salvation; if he shuns them, it ruins him.

7. One should not leave oneself idle but keep it busy - busy in some noble work, otherwise it would tend to evil which will eventually ruin him.

8. One should spend this transitory earthly life in the obedience of Allah.

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: Certain people of the Ansar asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and he gave them; then they again asked him and he gave them until all what he possessed was exhausted. Then the Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whatever wealth I have, I will not withhold from you. Whosoever would be chaste and modest; Allah will keep him chaste and modest and whosoever would seek self-sufficiency, Allah will make him self-sufficient; and whosoever would be patient, Allah will give him patience, and no one is granted a gift better and more comprehensive than patience".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Besides describing generosity, kindness, munificence and nobility of the Prophet (PBUH), he has been ordained by Allah to adopt patience, contentment and self-respect and to avoid anyone's favour.
Abu Yahya Suhaib bin Sinan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer. If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him".
[Muslim].

Commentary: A Muslim is required to behave in poverty and prosperity, affluence and hardship, in the manner stated in this Hadith. It means that to forget Allah in prosperity, rather than being thankful to Him for His Favour is defiance of His Orders. Similarly, it is unbecoming of a Muslim that in troubles and turmoil, rather being patient, he tends to weeping and crying, grousing and grieving against the Will of Allah.

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Allah, the Glorious and Exalted said: `When I afflict my slave in his two dear things (i.e., his eyes), and he endures patiently, I shall compensate him for them with Jannah.".
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Blindness is the greatest deprivation in the world and Allah grants its reward according to His Pleasure. For this reason patience in this case is highly meritorious. Its reward is Jannah provided the blind is enormously rich in Faith.

`Ata' bin Abu Rabah reported: Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) asked him whether he would like that he should show him a woman who is from the people Jannah. When he replied that he certainly would, he said, "This black woman, who came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said, `I suffer from epilepsy and during fits my body is exposed, so make supplication to Allah for me.' He (PBUH) replied: 'If you wish you endure it patiently and you be rewarded with Jannah, or if you wish, I shall make supplication to Allah to cure you?' She said, 'I shall endure it.' Then she added: `But my body is exposed, so pray to Allah that it may not happen.' He (Prophet (PBUH)) then supplicated for her".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: While continuing medical treatment, one should not ignore his prayer to Allah because both have importance and utility of their own.

Abu Sa`id and Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (PBUH) said: "Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith mentions the special Grace and Mercy of Allah for the Muslims. It relates how Allah turns the hardships and troubles suffered by a Muslim into a means of expiation for his sins. But this is only possible if the believer exercises patience. However, if he starts wailing instead of showing patience then beside suffering hardships, he would be deprived of the reward which lies in bearing them patiently. Thus, he shall have to take the burden of additional sins also.

Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I visited the Prophet (PBUH) when he was suffering fever. I said, "You seem to be suffering greatly, O Messenger of Allah.'' The Prophet (PBUH) replied, "Yes, I suffer as much as two persons.'' I said, "Is that because you have a double reward?'' He replied that that was so and then said, "No Muslim is afflicted by a harm, be it the pricking of a thorn or something more (painful than that), but Allah thereby causes his sins to fall away just as a tree sheds its leaves".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Prophets have to face more than ordinary troubles and for that reason their reward to bear them is also increased. Thus, the excess of hardships and grief is a sign of perfect Faith and not a sign of Allah's displeasure.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "He whom Allah intends good, He makes him to suffer from some affliction".
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Troubles of this world like grief, calamity, disease, poverty, loss of life and property, etc., have a benign aspect for a Muslim in the sense that on account of them he turns towards Allah and begs mercy and compassion from Him because of which his sins are forgiven. Thus, in these troubles there is a blessing for him in the Hereafter.

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Let not one of you wish for death because of a misfortune which befalls him. If he cannot help doing so, he should say: 'O Allah, keep me alive as long as You know that life is better for me, and make me die when death is better for me".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Since man has no knowledge of his future, whether it is good or bad, so one should never desire for one's own death in consequence of frustration created by troubles and turmoil for two reasons. Firstly, desire for death is sheer impatience. Secondly, it is quite possible that remaining part of his life may be good for his religious and worldly life. So, it is prohibited to desire death. It is, however, permissible to desire for Shahadah or death in Makkah or Al-Madinah but it is a subject quite different from the one under discussion. However, if one has to express wish for his own death, he should do so in the words quoted in the Hadith concerned.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Wa alaikum salam Dear brother Wulf,

Time passes very fast. I remember your posts and always liked to read them as they were full of wisdom and lessons of patience and perseverence. I always wondered what happened to you when your posts stopped appearing here. I am deeply saddened by your hardships, but like other brothers and sisters mentioned earlier, Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is cleansing you and purifying you with these trials. Indeed, most of his great servants endured most difficult hardships be it prophet Jesus, Abraham, Job etc so this can not be a sign of abandonment, but acceptance by the creator and sustainer of the heavens of the earth.

3:14 "Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; Heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses branded (for blood and excellence); and (wealth of) cattle and well-tilled land. Such are the possessions of this world's life; but in nearness to Allah is the best of the goals (To return to)."

What is with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is far better than what the life of this world can offer which is very short lived.

May Allah give you the best of this world and specially of the hereafter.

canab1973

Wa alaykum salaam wr wb dear brother. I will remember you in my duas. May Allah shower you his mercy and give you a complete health, amen. and please keep me in your. Whomever Allah loves, will endure hard ship one way or another.After hard ship, there is alway an ease. I would like to share with you this video, a brother who also went through an easy life. May Allah help all of us.

http://www.thedeenshow.com/videos.php?action=featured&id=1595

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

I love you for the sake of Allah Brother, May Allah ease your pain, May Allah enable me to help you. Probably we are living very far away, but please you can ask me for anything and I will try my best to help out. Allah is The Guide, The Preserver, The Sustainer.

etoile_de_mer

Dear Brother Assalaamu Alaykum wr wb,
Don't despair in the mercy of Allah..be patient ..u shall be rewarded with a wonderful gift ..
I have been in tough times too...but then i started getting more closer to Allah(SWT)..praying a lot...as HE Has power over all things.
3 advices to u dear brother..
1. ask a lot of forgiveness (astaghfirullah)
2. Make Sadaqah
3. Pray Salatul tahajjud

Insha Allah ..ur situation will be fine.

take care.Wassalaamu Alaykum wr wb!

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum brother Wulf,

Please be patient and keep praying to Allah (SWT). Don't lose hope, Allah will be with you. It's really saddening to hear of your story. Just remember we all will have our trials and tests and the best people will have the most. I will make dua for Allah to make better of your situation and relieve you of your pain insha Allah. Keep the faith brother.

knight7

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh brother.

Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear. All your trials and hardships are a means of wiping your sins clear and remember each moment you are afflicted with something, Allah the Almighty is erasing some sins of yours and raising you in ranks.

It may be that Allah has ordained a high level of rank in the hereafter for you, but your current records of deeds are not quite there yet. Thus the heavy trials in order that he may test you, and guide you on the straight path. Allah knows best.

Do not ever lose hope in Allah, as he never forgets his faithful servants. This world is but a passing to a better stage, Al Ahkirah. All our dua's are with you my dear brother, I am truely astonished at your strong Iman. May Allah grant you and your children, and all muslim brothers and sisters, Jannatul Firdaus Al-ala. Ameen.

yasak80

ıf someone has faith , he has everything
if not, he has nothing...

Allah will reward all of us in hereafter inshaallah borther..

we dont know what will we live in the future, inshaallah Allah reward you here in the world and in hereafter

salam