Article Franco – Arabic

A new writing style spreads around the world especially the Arab world; it’s not Arabic or English. It’s a mixture between both of them. It has its own name depending on the language by which person transliterate Arabic, therefore it is known in Egypt Arabish or Arablish for English is the first foreign language here. The broader phenomenon is known as Franco Arab.
The roots of this phenomenon go back to 1990 when the western text communication technologies became increasingly prevalent in the Arab world such as personal computers, cellular phones, emails and world wide webs. At that time, Arabic alphabet wasn’t an optional feature and Latin alphabet was commonly used in all of these forms of communication. So, how could Arab users of this new western system communicate?
Written Arabic 28 letters which include sounds that are not used in English. Arabs had no choice but transliterating their Arabic into English using Latin letters. Not only letters those were used in this process but also numbers because
some Arabic letters don’t have an approximate phonetic equivalent in Latin script. So, they used numerals and other characters to express their Arabic letters, e.g. number “3″ is used to stand for the Arabic letter “ع“ (Ayn) as they look a like.
Franco Arabic writing features:
(2)Stands for “hamza” in Arabic “ء” and this hamza have a sense of glottal stop.
(a /aa) Stands for “alif” in Arabic “أ“ and it is along vowel /a/.
(b) Stands for the Arabic letter “baa” (ب). /b/
(t) is used instead of the Arabic letter “taa” (ت ) /t/.
(th/s) can be used in the place of the Arabic letter (ث )
(g/j) are used instead of the arabic letter (ج ) /g/.
(7) Stands for the Arabic letter (ح) /h/.
(7′/5/kh) can be used instead of (خ) /x/.
(d) Stands for (د) /d/.
(th/z) are used instead of (ذ) /z/.
(r) Stands f.....Read More

PURE_SOUL87

I totally agree with you...In my country, we have the same mixture (arabic and french)!
Unfortunetely, this it due to the new technology made by the western civilization...so we have just to go on with it, if we had invented it....it would be the opposite (english mixed with arabic letters I guess)...I wish that one day we will witness the rise of our ummah in economy, technology, education, etc...Ameeeen.:SMILY47: