Friendship

najbc

Assalamu alaykum,

What about friendship Bro. I have question, do you think friends are forever. I do not think friends are forever or last forever. I think we are just using each other to get what we want and it is hard to find two that are friends for good reason or really like each other. :SMILY149: Dare, to prove me wrong.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I think that is certainly true sometimes, but I think you're mainly talking about non-Muslims in this case!

Dare, to prove me wrong.

I'll take you up on that sis, because right now, even though i don't know any of you really, but I will say that I love you for the Sake of Allah, and nothing will change that. I don't ask anything of you, nor need it. The same would go with any Muslim sister of mine. I love her because it is part of my Deen, she is my sister by faith, we are trying to please the same creator, and are headed to one final destination, insha'allah Paradise... so all i ask of her is to assist me in doing good, or just being there as my companion... forever or as long as Allah wills it.

how about that? haha, that made no sense really, but it IS possible!!!

wasalam

najbc

:salam2:

I think that is certainly true sometimes, but I think you're mainly talking about non-Muslims in this case!

wasalam

Well, sis, I am not talking about non-Muslim, I am talking about born Muslim. In American that is, they are friends with you and then when you need them they dumb you like yesterday newspaper. In every friendship, there is one that is good and righteous one and not so straight friend. Sometimes, I miss my own country and the trust I had of them. but in American it seem as if I was living in fancy back home.

Noor-E-Mohammud

Relationship

What about friendship Bro. I have question, do you think friends are forever. I do not think friends are forever or last forever. I think we are just using each other to get what we want and it is hard to find two that are friends for good reason or really like each other. :SMILY149: Dare, to prove me wrong.

Every relationship has a mutual advantage/benefit for it to last, except kinship which is blood related. Even adoption is not a substute to kinship.

I quote the story below:
In giving advice to his companions, the noble Prophet, peace be on him, once said: "Learn the Quran from four persons: Abdullah ibn Masud, Salim Mawla Abi Hudhayfah, Ubayy ibn Kab and Muadh ibn Jabal."
We have read about three of these companions before. But who was this fourth companion in whom the Prophet had so much confidence that he considered him a hujjah or competent authority to teach the Quran and be a source of reference for it?
Salim was a slave and when he accepted Islam he was adopted as a son by a Muslim who was formerly a leading nobleman of the Quraysh. When the practice of adoption (in which the adopted person was called the son of his adopted father) was banned, Salim simply became a brother, a companion and a mawla (protected person) of the one who had adopted him, Abu Hudhayfah ibn Utbah. Through the blessings of Islam, Salim rose to a position of high esteem among the Muslims by virtue of his noble conduct and his piety.
Both Salim and Abu Hudhayfah accepted Islam early. Abu Hudhayfah himself did so in the face of bitter opposition from his father, the notorious Utbah ibn Rabi'ah who was particularly virulent in his attacks against the Prophet, peace be upon him, and his companions.
When the verse of the Quran was revealed abolishing adoption, people like Zayd and Salim had to change their names. Zayd who was known as Zayd ibn Muhammad had to be called after his own natural father. Henceforth he was known as Zayd ibn Harithah. Salim however did not know the name of his father. Indeed he did not know who his father was. However he remained under the protection of Abu Hudhayfah and so came to be known as Salim Mawla Abi Hudhayfah.
In abolishing the practice of adoption, Islam wanted to emphasize the bonds and responsibilities of natural kinship. However, no relationship was greater or stronger than the bond of Islam and the ties of faith which was the basis of brotherhood. The early Muslims understood this very well. There was nobody dearer to anyone of them after Allah and His Messenger than their brethren in faith.
We have seen how the Ansar of Madinah welcomed and accepted the Muhajirin from Makkah and shared with them their homes and their wealth and their hearts. This same spirit of brotherhood we see in the relationship between the Quraysh aristocrat, Abu Hudhayfah, and the despised and lowly slave, Salim. They remained to the very end of their lives something more than brothers; they died together, one body beside the other one soul with the other. Such was the unique greatness of Islam. Ethnic background and social standing had no worth in the sight of God. Only faith and taqwa mattered as the verses of the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet emphasized over and over again:

If the above are for adoption, so friendship is more weaker. And think what about islaam says for it:

A real friend is one who keeps you away from bad and encourages you for good.

May Allah guide us All

M

mamun

Every relationship has a mutual advantage/benefit for it to last, except kinship which is blood related. Even adoption is not a substute to kinship.

I quote the story below:
In giving advice to his companions, the noble Prophet, peace be on him, once said: "Learn the Quran from four persons: Abdullah ibn Masud, Salim Mawla Abi Hudhayfah, Ubayy ibn Kab and Muadh ibn Jabal."
We have read about three of these companions before. But who was this fourth companion in whom the Prophet had so much confidence that he considered him a hujjah or competent authority to teach the Quran and be a source of reference for it?
Salim was a slave and when he accepted Islam he was adopted as a son by a Muslim who was formerly a leading nobleman of the Quraysh. When the practice of adoption (in which the adopted person was called the son of his adopted father) was banned, Salim simply became a brother, a companion and a mawla (protected person) of the one who had adopted him, Abu Hudhayfah ibn Utbah. Through the blessings of Islam, Salim rose to a position of high esteem among the Muslims by virtue of his noble conduct and his piety.
Both Salim and Abu Hudhayfah accepted Islam early. Abu Hudhayfah himself did so in the face of bitter opposition from his father, the notorious Utbah ibn Rabi'ah who was particularly virulent in his attacks against the Prophet, peace be upon him, and his companions.
When the verse of the Quran was revealed abolishing adoption, people like Zayd and Salim had to change their names. Zayd who was known as Zayd ibn Muhammad had to be called after his own natural father. Henceforth he was known as Zayd ibn Harithah. Salim however did not know the name of his father. Indeed he did not know who his father was. However he remained under the protection of Abu Hudhayfah and so came to be known as Salim Mawla Abi Hudhayfah.
In abolishing the practice of adoption, Islam wanted to emphasize the bonds and responsibilities of natural kinship. However, no relationship was greater or stronger than the bond of Islam and the ties of faith which was the basis of brotherhood. The early Muslims understood this very well. There was nobody dearer to anyone of them after Allah and His Messenger than their brethren in faith.
We have seen how the Ansar of Madinah welcomed and accepted the Muhajirin from Makkah and shared with them their homes and their wealth and their hearts. This same spirit of brotherhood we see in the relationship between the Quraysh aristocrat, Abu Hudhayfah, and the despised and lowly slave, Salim. They remained to the very end of their lives something more than brothers; they died together, one body beside the other one soul with the other. Such was the unique greatness of Islam. Ethnic background and social standing had no worth in the sight of God. Only faith and taqwa mattered as the verses of the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet emphasized over and over again:

If the above are for adoption, so friendship is more weaker. And think what about islaam says for it:

A real friend is one who keeps you away from bad and encourages you for good.

May Allah guide us All

salam :salah:
I am a Bangladeshi man of 31:astag:
i need friend otherwise i may be misguide:astag:
please:)

M

mamun

Salam
I am Mamun from Bangladesh man 31, i need good friend otherwise I will be misguide.:tti_sister: