fundraising ideas??

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: brothers and sisters,

I hope this reaches you in the best of health/imaan.

Are any of you part of MSA group in your school? if so, do you do some fundraising?

I hope you can share some ideas with me....anybody who has done some fundraising can share (it's not strictly to MSA people).

So far, we have the idea of bake sale....(all home made and culturally based)We have done this last year and it was successful..alhamdulillah.

we're now looking for other ideas to do fudraising, any suggestion are welcome.

barakallahu feek

MutlekM

:salam2:
the women in my local Islamic community made homemade food(rise and chicken,kabbab..etc) and then they sold it to giv the money to Gaza. Hope this helps and may Allaah reward u for wanting to help our ummah.
:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
^jazakaAllaah khair,

yea, we do bake sale....where we bring home made food. And it sells really good, alhamdulillaah!

jazakaAllaah khair for your input and ameen to your dua
PS: this was not going to the needy...it goes to MSA (muslim student association) group in my school.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum

how does a "movie night" sound? where we show Islamic movie and invite people to view it. We'll have people come in for cheap prices so they don't have to worry about it been expensive.
but I dont know if this is a good idea or not though.

MutlekM

Assalaamu alaikum

how does a "movie night" sound? where we show Islamic movie and invite people to view it. We'll have people come in for cheap prices so they don't have to worry about it been expensive.

Depends on ur community i guess but it definately aint a bad idea.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Many times you can suggest to have a pancake breakfast at a local chain resturant. A chain like Applebee's will work out a fundraiser with you for a specific morning. The will serve pancakes and coffee/juice for $5.00 a ticket. You sell the tickets and get a large percentage of the profits.
It is a win-win for everyone involved and all you do is sell tickets.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
Assalaamu alaikum

Which movie is going to be shown there? "MI 5" ? :)

No, please dont do this movie sort of thing. Food thing is really good iddea and it mostly is fruitfull because we human needs to eat in order to stay alive. You can sell some abaya / hijab as well or designing with henna on hands .. #

I hope this helps

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salaamu `alaykkum. I am quite poor when it comes to giving ideas, but what I know is that the sisters in our university held a "Female Only event" last year, where they have all these jilaabs, khimaars, niqaabs of different designs etc and it was like a fashion show kinda thing. They also had some mehndi etc and other girly things. Main thing was that it was a dinner event, so they had a 3 course meal, and whoever wanted to come to the event had to buy tickets, and the profits from it goes towards charity.

To be honest they made it turn out like a sisters week, so everyday there would be some special thing going on. All of it was strictly female only, and they even bought a wii in and played it. They booked the gym one of the days to play some games like badminton, dodge ball and some others I think.

On the brother's side they had some other things like; treasure hunt, Pro evolution (or Fifa10) on PS3, football 5 a side matches, and many other activites. And the khutbah that week would be about Sadaqah.

These are what I can remember at the top of my head, if I remember anymore, in shaa'Allaah I will come back to this thread and drop them.

Jazakillaah khairaa
Wa salaamu `alaykum

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaam walaikum,

Many times you can suggest to have a pancake breakfast at a local chain resturant. A chain like Applebee's will work out a fundraiser with you for a specific morning. The will serve pancakes and coffee/juice for $5.00 a ticket. You sell the tickets and get a large percentage of the profits.
It is a win-win for everyone involved and all you do is sell tickets.

sounds good to me....inshaAllaah, Ima share it with the rest of the group:)
jazakaAllaah khair, I think I know a local chain restaurant, so it'll be easy for me to find one!

may Allaah reward you!:hearts:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Which movie is going to be shown there? "MI 5" ? :)

No, please dont do this movie sort of thing. Food thing is really good iddea and it mostly is fruitfull because we human needs to eat in order to stay alive. You can sell some abaya / hijab as well or designing with henna on hands .. #

I hope this helps

I have not thought of a movie yet....
but this will take place during Ramdan and we're raising money for Iftaar and Eid Dinner. So, bake sale and food stuff will not work, ya know what I mean?
I certainly LOVE the Henna idea though! subhanaAllaah!! I think that'll work BIG time!!
Barakallahu feek akhi!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
As salaamu `alaykkum. I am quite poor when it comes to giving ideas, but what I know is that the sisters in our university held a "Female Only event" last year, where they have all these jilaabs, khimaars, niqaabs of different designs etc and it was like a fashion show kinda thing. They also had some mehndi etc and other girly things. Main thing was that it was a dinner event, so they had a 3 course meal, and whoever wanted to come to the event had to buy tickets, and the profits from it goes towards charity.

To be honest they made it turn out like a sisters week, so everyday there would be some special thing going on. All of it was strictly female only, and they even bought a wii in and played it. They booked the gym one of the days to play some games like badminton, dodge ball and some others I think.

On the brother's side they had some other things like; treasure hunt, Pro evolution (or Fifa10) on PS3, football 5 a side matches, and many other activites. And the khutbah that week would be about Sadaqah.

These are what I can remember at the top of my head, if I remember anymore, in shaa'Allaah I will come back to this thread and drop them.

Jazakillaah khairaa
Wa salaamu `alaykum

oh I think I know what you mean....it's called "Islamic awareness week" where each day you do something Islamic....? is that so?
the thing with us is that...half of the school is been remodeled right now. We have a limited space. So, we cannot take much of a space. The hajab sale and the henna will work, I think! inshaAllaah I'll share these ideas with the group and see what they think. The sad part is though, we dont have enough "committed" people. May Allaah help us! ameen
jazakaAllaah khair for sharing this with us!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
You could do a raffle.

Where you have something to give away, and people buy tickets with numbers. Stick the tickets in something and do a live drawing. Whoever wins, wins the prize.

BUT, if you have enough people participating and enough people show up, you will not loose money - you will make a profit from people buying $1 raffle tickets.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
You could do a raffle.

Where you have something to give away, and people buy tickets with numbers. Stick the tickets in something and do a live drawing. Whoever wins, wins the prize.

BUT, if you have enough people participating and enough people show up, you will not loose money - you will make a profit from people buying $1 raffle tickets.

That sounds like a sort of gambling, which is prohibited in Islam. And Allah knows best.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

When you raffle you are doing it for charity.

When you gamble you are waging for gain.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

If I understand correctly. This is how it works :-

-Everyone buys a coupon which has a specific number on it. They pay on a number (or are given a number) that they anticipate (gamble) would win them a prize/gift.

-Then these coupons are mixed together and numbers are drawn out by someone.

- The person whose number gets drawn out gets to win the prize.

If this is how it works, then it is a form of gambling. I remember our Imam describing this process as 'gambling' if my memory serves me right. If anyone has more knowledge on this subject, please feel free to share or correct me.

Our imam also mentioned another scenario that is permissible. If everyone is given a coupon for buying products from you, ie on a purchase of 50$ or 100$ and then there is a draw after that. This is provided that you don't hike the price of the product for giving out coupons. Therefore, you are ready to give away a portion of your profit as a 'gift' to your customer(s). And who gets that prize/gift is based on a lottery.

But if everyone is just buying a raffle (and not paying for a tangible product/service) and only expecting a gift in return based on a draw. Then this is gambling.

And Allah knows best.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Edit :- Just to be sure and not rely 100% on my memory, I have asked my imam for his opinion. I would paste it here when he responds to it. It would be more credible and trustworthy.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I know of some fundraisers where people make homemade greeting cards. Or any works of art or crafts or sewing or knitting.

But henna design sounds really good to me. Charge like $4-$5 per hand and you should be good to go.