• You are have not decided yet

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • You have no idea about what to do next

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:salam2:

I think it'd be interessting to know if people already know what they want to be, or what career they want to do, please share your views inshallah.

:wasalam:

ShaheedU

Extinct
Come on libin, you cant be the 4th one, you're probably gonna stay for another year at college right, then uni doing law or something, right?

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

Yes, probably, but i feel soo down because of tht, because i basically have No idea on what to do at uni!!!
i wish it was as easy as you said, but it's NOT!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
well its kind of all or nothing isnt it?

u get ure A levels ure in...u dont...well ure a bit of a loser and u havnt got a clue.......so it could kind of be all 4?

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
WELL, NO if you already have a clear idea in your mind, i want to do that, i want to be this, you can always work your way through, but if you are without any 'ambition' you're lost

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Yes, probably, but i feel soo down because of tht, because i basically have No idea on what to do at uni!!!

well what do u like?? english? french? (not biology i know) u could do both...

shariah? u said u wanted to study that and thats cool, but u may aswell use ure A levels to get a secular degree before going onto religious....what do u say?

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
yep, i don't like bio, but my parents are putting pressure on me (and i dont really want to 'deceive' them) but i;ve given them hints on how i dislike it.

umm, everyday i'm like changing ideas: law??, linguistic??, computer science?? islamic studies???

Never mind, i dont want this tread to be centered around me; i want to know if you guys are as unsure as me, or already have chosen your path.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
yep, i don't like bio, but my parents are putting pressure on me (and i dont really want to 'deceive' them) but i;ve given them hints on how i dislike it.

umm, everyday i'm like changing ideas: law??, linguistic??, computer science?? islamic studies??? <<<<<< go for it!

Never mind, i dont want this tread to be centered around me; i want to know if you guys are as unsure as me, or already have chosen your path.

of course im as unsure as u...

ive applied for med school but then if i didnt get my grades (which i wont) i dont care cos i dont wnat it that much anyway. although same...my parents would be annoyed cos they think i just havent bothered.

my second choice is pharmacy...dont want that much either i wan to go to Al azhar....or somehwere in the mid east to study islamic studies like u said ureself but that simpossible so got to grit my teeth and revise for A levels....uni...hate it. :angryblue: <<<<<<<< i love this smiley!

and then i want to become a politician aswell :SMILY71: :biggrin: crazy huh? i sound like a 5 year old! its funny.

u see....its a mess! join the club so it could be all 4 for me.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Inshallah first get through my two years at college and get the grades. Inshallah i will get DDD (Three Distinctions). Then i was thinking of Loughborough uni and doing Accounting or something within the lines of Business. Although the problem i have is which University to choose. Alhamdulilah i am not stuck in the mud of choosing what course i want to do.

Wasalam

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

At least, one of us IS sorted, alhamdoulilah, inshallah i hope everything 'll be alright, you sound confident!

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

I have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm gonna be doing in a couple of years time. I used to be so worried about it before, but to be honest, right now I could hardly care less. Who knows if I'll be even alive tommorow morning? Wherever I may be, whatever I may be doing, as long as I fufilling my duties as a muslim and pleasing Allah (swt), I will be happy.

wasalam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

EDIT: Forgot that :)

Inshallah i am sorted but i could change my mind later on, considering how things go on. But inshallah it will be okay and will be for you all too. Which universities have you/others got in mind, as i have fair idea on the good ones. According to a few of my lectures they say dont go to Bradford university, go somewhere else. I wonder why?

Wasalam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm gonna be doing in a couple of years time. I used to be so worried about it before, but to be honest, right now I could hardly care less. Who knows if I'll be even alive tommorow morning? Wherever I may be, whatever I may be doing, as long as I fufilling my duties as a muslim and pleasing Allah (swt), I will be happy.

wasalam

Good point...i like that attitude i should really stop worrying aswell.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

I was suprised by this post, because i was in the same position as you when i had to choose a college course, i had no clue on what i wanted to do. Although 5-7months everything seems to have worked out. Alhamdulilah.

Wasalam

At least, one of us IS sorted, alhamdoulilah, inshallah i hope everything 'll be alright, you sound confident!

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

I guess you're right, who know if we'll be alive tomorrow exept Allah swt??

WE need to put our trust in Allah inshallah

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

As stated above my post, a very good attitude indeed. Inshallah when setting out aspirations we should always remember if we will even get that far. That is why i try and listen to the Last Breath nasheed, so i dont forget about death and always try and remember Allah (S.W.T) throughout the day.

Wasalam

wasalam

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Alsalam Alakum,

I am planning on going 2 college next year. Insha Allah i will be attending Stony Brook University.

My major will be Pre-Medicine.

I want to be a pediatrition Insha Allah or a Surgeon but for sure Insha Allah a pediatrition.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
I want to do a lot of thing in my life but it is hard to decide which. I want to major in premed but can't decide if I want to be family physician or pediatrician because i love helping people and so muslim families can have muslim doctor but I am terrified cos I hear premed it hard. Then at the same time I want to be writer because I love writing and I am to be good muslim writer so muslim child like me who have to have a book with when all the time to read don’t have to read those western writer book with disgusting atmosphere (hopeful you guys know what I am talking about). I also want to travel and working the United Nations (as a doctor and provide medical aid) which I have no idea how I am going to do that. At the end of the day it all comes down to confusion. There is not a moment I don’t think about my future and question rise all around my mind. Who’s knows we may not make tomorrow. Sometimes i wish i had a time machine just to fastward life to see who i became 12 years from now and who i become.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

Inshallah everyone doing fine... Is there instituation for BA/Sharia Law in London....?...

I study BA/Psychology... I want to link Psychology with Sharia inshallah. I previously completing HND/Computing, Business admin diploma, I didnt find myself in those subjects.

So, I agree that you need lots of thinking before taking certain step so that you dont waste any years in studying a subject that wasn't your main interest... Pray Salat Istikhara for guidance....

May Allah bring you success brothers???...

Wassalam Alykom...