Gay "Mosque" to open in Paris

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Who said I advocated studying blindly.

On the path of seeking knowledge we know that the seeking consultation is imperative. It is Sunna. I fear that you are playing the devils advocate. What I suggested was nonsense is trying to find motive for accepting homosexuality. Allah subhana wa taala understands intention of the heart. If a person wishes to be GLBT it is from the get go a sin. There is nothing around that.

This issue is simply homosexuality.

As for the other issues..it is what people choose. It is that simple. Just because they opt for it does not mean it is correct. You can agree that the emperor has on new clothes but he is still naked.

We can tackle every issue on different threads.

How am I digesting someone interpretation when it is in black and white that homosexuality is wrong. Please bear in mind the hadith about the lone sheep. Islam advocates seeking knowledge by remaining on the universal path.

Greg

There is no need to be aggressive Sister, I am trying to learn.

I am studying the Quran and want to come to solid conclusions, not accept someone else's belief. Everyone is responsible for their own soul, it is no defence when judged to point at someone else and say 'they told me to believe this'.

If you could provide these black and white passages on homosexuality I would greatly appreciate it.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,although Islam says to be tolerant toward people of different belief.But tell me how can we be tolerant toward those who claim to have a belief but they clearly disobey to Allah's order?those "pseudo muslims" have no fear of Allah's punishment,they are too much involved in their ideas,thinking that they too deserve to have a place in a mosque(admitting that the photo really represent a mosque or a fake one,made up in a garage or in the house of somebody).
Being tolerant with those elements means allowing one day a woman to make adultery and saying nothing.It's needed Shary'a Islamiya to "erase" all this fitnah.Once again you'd see the real muslims loving each other honestly for the sake of Allah!It's like allowing the thief to steal and turn the sight away.with the Shari'a there would be no problem,because it would be cut off the hand which stole...
I don't accuse anybody,but in my heart I feel really sad for what is happening.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
There is no need to be aggressive Sister, I am trying to learn.

I am studying the Quran and want to come to solid conclusions, not accept someone else's belief. Everyone is responsible for their own soul, it is no defence when judged to point at someone else and say 'they told me to believe this'.

If you could provide these black and white passages on homosexuality I would greatly appreciate it.

brother,Allah has created male and female gender.(what I've read about the ermaphodites is different from homosexuality,by the hadith I've read some time ago,Allah punishes the ones who want to conceive a child without saying "bismillah",but it's another story).
Shayta whispears into the ear of the disbeliever that he/she's nt a good man/woman and nobody will love him/her.television make its work influencing the mind of the ones who are predisposed to fall into this trap,since they are children.Adding propbable problems into the child's family,it insinuates into his mind the idea that he/she needs the love of the one of the same gender,because,as I written before,it's not capable to be what he/she' created to be..Allah gave us part of the "message" to reach Janna:we must find the remainig part of it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I was not being aggressive. I was simply correcting a misconception. Forgive me if it came across as harsh.

The following is what you requested:

Surah Al-Shuara

What! Of all creatures do ye come unto the males, (165) And leave the wives your Lord created for you? Nay, but ye are forward folk. (166) They said: If thou cease not, O Lot, thou wilt soon be of the outcast. (167) He said: I am in truth of those who hate your conduct. (168) My Lord! Save me and my household from what they do. (169) So We saved him and his household, every one, (170) Save an old woman among those who stayed behind. (171) Then afterward We destroyed the others. (172) And We rained on them a rain. And dreadful is the rain of those who have been warned. (173) Lo! herein is indeed a portent, yet most of them are not believers. (174) And lo! thy Lord, He is indeed the Mighty, the Merciful. (175)

As I wrote before it is definitive. When we decide to submit our souls we do so willingly. And, the Arabic word for consultation is shuara. We are not to be the lone sheep. Islam is a body of Believers enjoining good and forbidding evil. We all want to remain on the Path to see Him.

Greg

Walaikum Asalaam, thank you Sister Aapa, no forgiveness is needed. Talking with text is not perfect and we see things which are not there :)

Thank you for the Surah, the English translations I have are not perfect.

brother,Allah has created male and female gender.(what I've read about the ermaphodites is different from homosexuality,by the hadith I've read some time ago,Allah punishes the ones who want to conceive a child without saying "bismillah",but it's another story).
Shayta whispears into the ear of the disbeliever that he/she's nt a good man/woman and nobody will love him/her.television make its work influencing the mind of the ones who are predisposed to fall into this trap,since they are children.Adding propbable problems into the child's family,it insinuates into his mind the idea that he/she needs the love of the one of the same gender,because,as I written before,it's not capable to be what he/she' created to be..Allah gave us part of the "message" to reach Janna:we must find the remainig part of it.

Walaikum Asalaam Sister,

I agree with you. The overriding emotion I receive from reading the Quran is love and forgiveness. I have trouble judging others, I feel only Allah is the one to judge people. I try my best to forgive others and love them as much as I can. It is sometimes very hard but I feel it is the best thing to do. I do not feel in a position to judge people, I do not know what Allah has given them for trials or tests.

In the Quran for example it talks of punishment for various sins (Such as the taking of opposite hand and feet) but also says that forgiving someone is the best option if the person is sorry.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
in fact I don't judge anybody,Allah is the Only Judge here,and above all in the Hereafter.the best I can do is avoiding some kinds of people I don't like to speak with.May Allah forgive me if I'm wrong,but I'm too much sincere and I fear to hurt other's feelings.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Youth is gentle. You do not wish to hurt feelings and you are in the process of defining who you are. I understand that.

As Muslims we are told to forbid evil and enjoin good. If I see a sin I must tell you to stop. It is beyond hurting your feelings. You can get over your feelings being hurt. This is about seeking salvation. This is about making the state of Islam strong. You have decided to follow Islam. Even the Companions of the Prophet were willing to be told when they erred.

When I stay away from people it is not because I care if I hurt their feelings. No. No way. We are told not to be in the company of those who do not Believe. It is not good for us. So we stay away. Simple example..I do not go to bars. It is filled with alcohol and alcoholics. Going there would not be good for me; if my best friend asks me to come I say no thank you. If a person wishes to continue with his homosexuality I have to leave his company.

If the homosexual wants to return to the fold of Islam I am the first to greet the brother/sister at the masjid. I will give gifts etc.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
if you supposed to know who I am,please help me to emprove myself.many times my sincerity brought me to be lonely for long time.With intelligence I distinguish when to speak and with the one I want,but in general I define myself to be "androphobe" and "mysogine" at the same time.my philosophy is"you don't touch me,I don't touch you".This religion is a great help for a person who doesn't want to waste the time talking for nothing,that's why in many situations I prefere to avoid,neverthless I'm "touched" in my faith,family and honour.May Allah bless you sister Aapa

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Walaikum Asalaam,

Surely it is best for study the Quran and find the meanings behind the words for yourself, instead of accepting someone else's interpretation blindly? The state of the Ummah today can fairly be blamed on blind acceptance of tradition without individual study. If this was not true how can the rise of 'islamic banking' riba and other sinful things become accepted into Muslim life.

We owe it to ourselves and almighty Allah to study what He has gifted to us and to honour it by spending time and energy increasing our knowledge.

What lead the people of the book astray is that the laymen and commoners decided to "interpret" their books by themselves. Without any education in the religion, to start interpreting religious book yourself is an easy way to go astray. You can't start pretending a doctor and diagnosing and treating patients until you have proper education, equipping yourself with the knowledge required to arrive at a decision. You can't start making skyscrapers without studying engineering and mechanics of design, you can't start doing anything in any field without first educating yourself with the required knowledge. If that is true for other fields then why not the religion? You can't start interpreting religious books without any proper education, without learning the islamic history, context in which ayahs were revealed, fiqh of religion and figh of hadith, and so much more. If you want to start your own interpretations then I suggest going to an islamic university first and get a degree in islamic theology so you can be at a level where you can do that. This is not a laymen's job, to do so would only be throwing oneself to ruin.

As for accepting others interpretations. One should not follow anyone blindly. We should educate ourselves to know who are the authentic scholars and who are the shady ones out there. And then we go seek knowledge from the authentic scholars. They have spent more years studying Islam then a doctor has about medicine.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rasul Allah said, “The virtue of the scholar to a worshipper (Aabid) is similar to the virtue of the moon when it is full to the rest of the stars. And verily the scholars are the inheritors of the Prophets. Verily the Prophets did not leave behind dirhams and deenars, but rather they left behind knowledge. Thus whoever takes it, takes it as a bountiful share.” – Authentic, narrated by Abu Dawood, tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah. [/FONT]

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3588

ouddene bouziane

it is just a big lie.
this mosque has no existence at all.
mass media now can say everything and bring unknown faces to talke in the name of islam
we must be aware of that.
personally, i know friends live in Paris and they know nothing about such things.