Video General Mills honey nut cheerious ::::: has small amount of Alcohol for flavouring

unbreak

After you have read this, if you feel guilty that you have eatan this product, don't worry, something that you eaten unknownly, it is forgiven by Allah (SWT).

for other muslim brother & sister or family members eating this product, and you are telling them to stop, if they don't listen, don
t worry, do not force anyone, you tell them patiently, if they not listen you today, tell them again in another time. DO NOT MAKE PROBLEM!

NaturallyFlavouredHoneyNutCheerios.jpg

this is mail from the company general mill (Canada)

Dear Valued Consumer:

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your inquiry.

Alcohol is not added to the product as an ingredient; however, alcohol is a carrier for flavour ingredients.

All General Mills products that contain flavour ingredients may contain a small amount of alcohol.

We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if we can help you again.

Sincerely,

Maria Chase

Consumer Services

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your inquiry.

Honey Nut Cheerios does not contain any animal sourced ingredients.

We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if we can help you again.

Sincerely,

Maria Chase

Consumer Services

THIS mail was send by me!
Dear General Mills,
I have an inquiry regarding the ingredients used in your cereals. Due to my dietary restriction, I am only able to consume products that have solely plant based ingredients (Suitable For Vegetarians). Furthermore, I can not have any products that have alcohol or animal based ingredients. For instance: Honey Nut Cheerios have these following ingredients that are doubtful; vitamin B (pyridoxine hydrochloride), A B vitamin (folic acid), vitamin A (palmitate), Vitamin B (thiamin monoitrate). Please clarify the source of these ingredients and list the products from your company that are suitable for vegetarians while not containing any alcohol or animal product. I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly respond to my inquiry with respect to my dietary restriction, Thank you, Follow Up: i do not have upc code, because i have not purchase the product, i have plan to buy this product for my kid, so before i buy this product, i just need to know source of ingredient, whether it does not contain any alcohol or any animal product. since i do not have the upc code, at least i could show you the picture how it looks. http://tonsite.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/NaturallyFlavouredHoneyNutCheerios.jpg Thanks.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

Unless you personally wrote the emails, I would doubt their veracity. Unforunately, the internet is awash with various spam type rumours and misinformation. It only serves to make Muslims look foolish and backwards. I do not believe Cheerios contains any alcohol. There is nothing in the ingredients which is haram.

MehmetHilmi

Selamun Aleykum

Even if it did contain alcohol, it would contain very minute levels of it. Consuming such low levels of alcohol that do not intoxicate is actually something that is allowed according to some (especially among Hanafis). I'm trying to say that you would have to consume huuuuge amount of cheerios to get drunk.

unbreak

assalamu alaykum,

Unless you personally wrote the emails, I would doubt their veracity. Unforunately, the internet is awash with various spam type rumours and misinformation. It only serves to make Muslims look foolish and backwards. I do not believe Cheerios contains any alcohol. There is nothing in the ingredients which is haram.

Brother you haven't read the mail properly, Alcohol is not added to the product as an ingredient; however, alcohol is a carrier for flavour ingredients.
All General Mills products that contain flavour ingredients may contain a small amount of alcohol.

This mail is not spam, if you have doubt please contact the general mills. Thanks. This mail is not to hurt or offend anyone,

sclavus

This thread doesn't belong in here, imo.

You have no idea what's contained in food additives and you'll be amazed where they might come from, I mean their precursors..They're not mentioned on the labels..

Alcohol is nothing compared to other stuff they put in commercial food and it's in about every packing that comes from the industry..