Gheerah

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

I want to share something that really touched my heart, in this time and age most men and women have lost their Gheerah, and the people who do have Gheerah they are shunt down by phrases like "You are not giving me space"; "Its marriage not prison" ; " I need my freedom"; "You cant stop me" etc.
Before we go towards the hadith, just a quick overview of what Gheerah means:
Gheerah is an Arabic word which means protectiveness or jealousy. It is a good type of jealousy, like when a man feels jealous or protective over his wife or sisters and other-womenfolk and doesn’t like other men to look at them. It is a natural inbuilt feeling Allah has given men and women. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) had the most Gheerah for his wives and all of the companions were known for their Gheerah.

]ll Muslim men should have a collective sense of protectiveness for Muslim women as Allah says in the Qur’an, the meaning of which is: “The Men are the protectors and maintainers of women…” (Surah An-Nisaa, Ayah 34).

“There are three at whom Allaah will not look at (with Mercy) on the day of Resurrection: (1) the one who disobeys his parents, (2) the woman who imitates men, and (3) the duyooth (a man who has no protective jealousy towards his womenfolk).” [Saheeh Al-Jaami' As-Sagheer 3/74, hadith no. 3066]

72559_111702095560827_111699732227730_90760_1536339_n.jpg

To further understand the quality of Gheerah, we can look at an incident that Asmaa’ radi allahu anha the daughter of Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq radi allahu anhu and sister of Aisha radi allahu anha relates about herself. Abu Bakr was a wealthy merchant and he married his daughter Asmaa’ to the great companion Az-Zubayr ibn al-‘Awwam radi allahu anhu who was a very poor man but a man of great piety and one of the companions who were promised Paradise. Asmaa’ relates:

When az-Zubayr married me, he had neither land nor wealth nor slave…”, so Asmaa’ had to work very hard kneading dough, going far off to get water. “And I used to carry on my head,” she continues, “the date stones from the land of az-Zubair which Allah’s Messenger sallallahu ‘alaihi wassalam had endowed him and it was a distance of two miles from Madeenah. One day, as I was carrying the date-stones upon my head, I happened to meet Allah’s Messenger sallallahu ‘alaihi wassalam, along with a group of his Companions. He called me and told the camel to sit down so that he could make me ride behind him. I felt shy to go with men and I remembered az-Zubair and his Gheerah and he was a man having the most Gheerah . The Messenger of Allah sallallahu ‘alaihi wassalam understood my shyness and left. I came to az-Zubair and said: “The Messenger of Allah sallallahu ‘alaihi wassalam met me as I was carrying date-stones upon my head and there was with him a group of his Companions. He told the camel to kneel so that I could mount it, but I felt shy and I remembered your Gheerah.” So Asmaa’ declined the offer made by the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wassalam. Upon this az-Zubair said: “By Allah, the thought of you carrying date-stones upon your head is more severe a burden on me than you riding with him.” (related in Sahih Bukhari)

Look at the sense of dignity and modesty of Asmaa’! See how she felt shy in front of men? See how careful she was about her husband’s feelings? She knew that her husband had a lot of Gheerah so she didn’t want to upset him by accepting the Prophet’s sallallahu ‘alaihi wassalam help even though the Prophet was the purest of men and even though it meant bringing hardship on herself! And look at az-Zubair radi allahu anhu, even though he had a lot of Gheerah, he didn’t want to inconvenience his wife. What a beautiful relationship they had!

So my dear brother and sisters revive your sense of Gheerah and dont let it be a burden for you; instead let it be a way to understand the love and compassion of your loved ones.

May ALlah (swt) bless you all with love and mercy of Allah (swt) - ameen

SubhanAllah - All glory to Allah (swt)

:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

:bismillah:

Alhamdulillah!

Thank you for sharing this brother
:jazaak:

Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

abdul-aziz

mashAllah, how nice of information that you provided us. Great character building, jazakAllahkhaira.

by the way gheerah can have other meanings to which are positive. It could mean enthusiasm too.

here is a list of English meanings from a dictionary:

jealousy; zeal, enthusiasm, ardency, ardor, fervor, solicitude, vigilant care or concern; sense of honor

baraka Allah feekum

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Excellent thread; the best thread I've seen in a long time, a much needed topic. May Allaah grant you with good.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

mashAllah, how nice of information that you provided us. Great character building, jazakAllahkhaira.

by the way gheerah can have other meanings to which are positive. It could mean enthusiasm too.

here is a list of English meanings from a dictionary:

baraka Allah feekum

و أنت من أهل الجزاء

thank you for sharing the beautiful knowledge with us,

Assalamu'alaykum,

Excellent thread; the best thread I've seen in a long time, a much needed topic. May Allaah grant you with good.

و أنت من أهل الجزاء

All praises due to Allah (swt) the one and only, the master of all creations, SubhanAllah - Glory to Allah (swt)

ameen to ur dua and i pray teh same for you ukhti.

jazakallah khair :)

Wa Iyak :D

oyee ;) apna special khayal rakhna :D aur keep me in ur duas Akhi

hana*

very true, sadly we have lost our sense of gheerah and having gheerah is coined with 'being unsociable' and 'extreme' nowadays

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
very true, sadly we have lost our sense of gheerah and having gheerah is coined with 'being unsociable' and 'extreme' nowadays

so true, many of the women have forgotten what haya is, and most of the men disgarding as haya something that only applies to women :astag:

SubhanAllah , how can we even complete our faith without haya.

Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 2 :: Hadith 8
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."
JazakAllah khair for reading

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was very intersted in this subject. I did many searches. Most of the research resulted in forum opinions. I ended on a fatawa..and this simply addressed Muslim women remaining in hijab in front of non-Muslim women.

Would someone be kind enough to give me robust responses. Thus far the responses on all forums have been limited to married women fulfilling their obligations to honor their husbands. And they are reiterations of the same answers.

Any married woman in any culture stays away from other men. That is a given.
Most single women stay away from men for many reasons. One is safety.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Assalaam walaikum,

I was very intersted in this subject. I did many searches. Most of the research resulted in forum opinions. I ended on a fatawa..and this simply addressed Muslim women remaining in hijab in front of non-Muslim women.

Would someone be kind enough to give me robust responses. Thus far the responses on all forums have been limited to married women fulfilling their obligations to honor their husbands. And they are reiterations of the same answers.

Any married woman in any culture stays away from other men. That is a given.
Most single women stay away from men for many reasons. One is safety.

sister, im not sure i understand your Question?