Ginger beer

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
assalamu caleikum,

i've seen a man not long ago, he was coming from the mosque, he 's a practising muslim, in his i'd say late 40s, early 50s, he was with his children, so far nothing wrong, but he was drinking from a bottle and it was written: Ginger Beer!! i saw him again, he was still drinking his Ginger beer.

Is this allowed??
Is it copying the non-believers??

Allah knows best

wassalam caleikum wr wb

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

I hate food with HOT Chillies & to counter it, I love Ginger Beer afterwards...

Ginger Beer works great with HOT Food
Dr Pepper is great for staying awake & cramming stuff to pass exams.

assalamu caleikum,

i've seen a man not long ago, he was coming from the mosque, he 's a practising muslim, in his i'd say late 40s, early 50s, he was with his children, so far nothing wrong, but he was drinking from a bottle and it was written: Ginger Beer!! i saw him again, he was still drinking his Ginger beer.

Is this allowed??
Is it copying the non-believers??

Allah knows best

wassalam caleikum wr wb

hijabi_sis

Asalamealykum
yah as far as i know ginger beer is not harram......

if any of u guys is confused about waht fods are halaal den check out dis website, it lists the halaal and haram foods which u probobly didnt know about:

http://www.eathalal.org/

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:salam2:

Jazakallah kheir, i was lead to think that it was haram, because of the word : beer??>>>!!
At least now i know, thanks

:wasalam:

ShaheedU

Extinct

Jazakallah kheir, i was lead to think that it was haram, because of the word : beer??>>>!!
At least now i know, thanks

I have actually heard that it is haraam because it has the word beer in it, not cos of the content but just the word.
But i have no proof so....and ive heard this hadeeth where Muhammed(saw) says 'the one who narrates everything he hears can be classified as a liar'.
But then i narrated that hadeeth without checking up on it too so....

But anyways, suppose you had this burger called Juicy PIG burger, but it was made of halaal chicken, would it be halaal?

Im sure Globalpeace is now gonna batter me down cos he just luuuurves Ginger beer!:SMILY252:

amyaishazouaoui

I have actually heard that it is haraam because it has the word beer in it, not cos of the content but just the word.
But i have no proof so....and ive heard this hadeeth where Muhammed(saw) says 'the one who narrates everything he hears can be classified as a liar'.
But then i narrated that hadeeth without checking up on it too so....

But anyways, suppose you had this burger called Juicy PIG burger, but it was made of halaal chicken, would it be halaal?

Im sure Globalpeace is now gonna batter me down cos he just luuuurves Ginger beer!:SMILY252:

I think its called "beer" becase of the way its made. My mum used to make it with us as kids and as far as I remember you have to leave it brew for a few days to get the flavour. But then depending on were you are from, one brews a cup/pot of tea doesn't one???/

As far as this whole thing goes, it aint khamr (fally down juice) People have told me i should eat smoky bacon flavour crisps (which are often halaal). I love 'em, yum yum yum!!! It depends on where you come from, as in the USA you can get beef bacon and turkey bacon, I think its the cut of meat, not refeing to the actual pig itself. And if you havnt already noticed, the cheeeeeze and onion crisps are not usually halaal for us!! So why not, just read the bak of the pack!!!!!

GP...........throw us some fizzy ginger and lemon drink pleaaaaaassssseeeeee!!!:muslim_child:

ShaheedU

Extinct
Ok, AmyAisha, did you answer my question or even refer to it? Cos your scientist mind is too great for mine, so i didnt understand you see:SMILY129:

muslima 2

Maybe it is Haram!

Salam Alaikom,

I might be wrong but, I think it is haram, because it has yeast and sugar and ginger in it and gets put in bottles with very tight lids and put in a dark cupboard for a few days to ferment! If left too long, it will burst the bottles.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
subhan Allah....brother shaheed we have scientists out here too. I didn't know but I was thinking from the sister's avatar and signature.
Ginger beer...never even saw or heard it in my life. :)

Globalpeace

Banned
Sugar, Yeast & O2!

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Wouldn't extending your analogy make CAKE or anything else with Yeast/Sugar/Oxygen Haram? How about Naan (Yeast, Sugar & Oxygen)? And don't even think about declaring Naan Haram!...You will seriously offend 160 million Pakistanees & millions more around the world!

:astag:

Anything with Yeast & Sugar in contact with O2 (& that's NOT a Mobile-phone network for all you Non-Chemists)? :) So don't put your O2 mobile next to Cake & call it Haram!

Sorry to be funny but that's not a condition for declaring things Haram, Sister.

Salam Alaikom,

I might be wrong but, I think it is haram, because it has yeast and sugar and ginger in it and gets put in bottles with very tight lids and put in a dark cupboard for a few days to ferment! If left too long, it will burst the bottles.

BlueFish

Asalamu alaykum,

My question is... if the man's beverage was "haram", what would you do?
Is this to protect yourself or to find out how to tell others to live? Two questions I guess.LOL.

PEACE!

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Sorry translated into English; the two questions mean?

Asalamu alaykum,

My question is... if the man's beverage was "haram", what would you do?
Is this to protect yourself or to find out how to tell others to live? Two questions I guess.LOL.

PEACE!

muslima 2

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Wouldn't extending your analogy make CAKE or anything else with Yeast/Sugar/Oxygen Haram? How about Naan (Yeast, Sugar & Oxygen)? And don't even think about declaring Naan Haram!...You will seriously offend 160 million Pakistanees & millions more around the world!

:astag:

Anything with Yeast & Sugar in contact with O2 (& that's NOT a Mobile-phone network for all you Non-Chemists)? :) So don't put your O2 mobile next to Cake & call it Haram!

Sorry to be funny but that's not a condition for declaring things Haram, Sister.
Salaam Alaikom,

So you imply that I am stupid, Could'nt you find a more pleasant way to point out to me that I am incorrect, I as a new Muslim thought that Muslims were polite people. I said' the yeast and sugar and ginger are put in bottles in a dark cupboard and left to ferment. I do not bake cakes in dark cupboards, but use an oven!!

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Salaam Alaikom,

So you imply that I am stupid, Could'nt you find a more pleasant way to point out to me that I am incorrect, I as a new Muslim thought that Muslims were polite people. I said' the yeast and sugar and ginger are put in bottles in a dark cupboard and left to ferment. I do not bake cakes in dark cupboards, but use an oven!!

I don't think Globalpeace is trying to imply that you're stupid or anything else sister, he's just explaining in his own special way:rolleyes: If you stick around a little longer you'll see what I mean.

wasalam