Going to hell?

Amazigh073

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum. I want to know the opinion of fellow Muslims on this issue I have.

My parents always presure me to pray Salat and to go friday to the Mosque. I only pray in Ramadan (I know it is bad). I don't have a good relationship with my father we talk very little with eachother.

Today my mother told me, that my father dreamed that I was in Jahanam (Hell).

I don't know what to make of this. Must I see this as a warning?

a_stranger

You are most welcome brother.First I think that you must see ignoring Salat as a warning since Salat is the relation between the Muslim and his creator . If a Muslim ignor his Salat and don't feel it's importance and joy then there is something wrong in the heart. Brother all of us have problems with ourselves. We should seek help and guidance through our prayers.your parents love you and care about you. Try your best to pray regularly on time with a heart, you will please Allah subhanahu wa taaala then your parents. Islam set a strong relation between the believer and his Lord through prayers, dirk ( remembrance of Allah by heart and toung ) , reading Quran .

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum. I want to know the opinion of fellow Muslims on this issue I have.

My parents always presure me to pray Salat and to go friday to the Mosque. I only pray in Ramadan (I know it is bad). I don't have a good relationship with my father we talk very little with eachother.

Today my mother told me, that my father dreamed that I was in Jahanam (Hell).

I don't know what to make of this. Must I see this as a warning?

Salam alaykum

You should read this:

It is now time for us to re-evaluate our Eemaan. Question yourselves, and in process improve yourselves.

We claim to be Muslims, we claim to believe in Allah, but do we really believe in it with a firm heart, or is it just something we say? We claim to “believe” in the Unseen God, but we see the harmful effects of drinking, clubbing and smoking, yet we don’t avoid them. Ask yourselves that if we don’t even believe in what can be seen, do we really believe in the Unseen? Just “believing” in the existence of Allah does not make us Muslims, Shaitaan also, by the way, “believes” in Allah. We must act like Muslims also.

We must also do in actions that what we say in words and that what we know in thoughts. We say we’re Muslims, but are we really? He is not a true Muslim whose hands and tongue are violent. Several of us stopped cursing and backbiting and lying during the month of Ramadan, but now what? Since Ramadan is over, should we return to those faults? Are we Muslims only in Ramadan???

Every Muslim is to pray 5 times a day, every day, no exceptions. Several of us did that very promptly during Ramadan. Now that Ramadan is over, now what? Should we give up those prayers just because Ramadan is over? Are we Muslims only in Ramadan???

We made duas because we understood that indeed it is Allah who listens and grants. We sought forgiveness from Allah because we realized our faults and felt guilty. We improved our conducts and lowered our voices and controlled our tempers because we realized that a Muslim is he whose actions represent peace and nobility. Now that Ramadan is over, will we go back to our same old self? Are we Muslims only in Ramadan???

We tried our best to close our ears to that which was not permissible to hear, we tried our best to stop our tongues at times when we were about to say something which we are not allowed to say, we tried our best to lower our gazes at sights which we are not allowed to see. Now that Ramadan is over, do those things become permissible to us? Are we Muslims only in Ramadan???

We refrained from going to clubs and watching movies and listening to songs during Ramadan because we realized these attributes do not represent Muslims. Now that Ramadan is over, should we return to our previous lifestyle? Are we Muslims only in Ramadan???

We were awake at nights, not spending time in clubs or with friends, but instead we were awake at nights to do ibaadat for the Will and Pleasure of Allah. Now that Ramadan is over, are we relieved of our responsibilities? Are we Muslims only in Ramadan???

We refrained from dawn to dusk, not only from the Haraam, but also the Halaal. The purpose of this abstinence was to create patience and virtue, and realize that if you want you can even stay away from the Halaal, so why can you not avoid the Haraam? Sure you can. You just need the will. Now that Ramadan is over, can we go back to eating, talking, watching, doing, and thinking Haraam? Are we Muslims only in Ramadan?????

Abu Juwairiya

I strongly disagree.

That's a terrible thing to say brother. Even if is is a correct interpretation of the dream and is a sound reflection of what is theoretically true because he is not praying Salah, you are effectivley condemning him to Jahannum while he is still alive and able to change things for the better. You don't have that authority and Allah did not give you that right. That right is reserved for Him alone. Even the Prophets did not say things like this without it coming straight from Allah.

Second, he is a Muslim which means he believes in the Qur'an and Sunnah and the ability to be a much better Muslim. Only Allah knows his future and what he will be like and inshallah Allah will guide and help him. As his brothers and sisters in Islam we should also be looking out for his welfare and how best to help him.

Can you honestly claim your assertion will bring him closer to being a better Muslim. Perhaps in some ways it might, but if it is taken at face value and he decides he truly is condemned and either remains the same or gets worse, you personally are partially accountable for it through your statement.

Only Allah decides who is going to Jahannum and not His Creation. Can any of us be certain we ourselves are going to Jannah and definately not going to Jahannum because of our deeds alone.

Amazigh073

I strongly disagree.

That's a terrible thing to say brother. Even if is is a correct interpretation of the dream and is a sound reflection of what is theoretically true because he is not praying Salah, you are effectivley condemning him to Jahannum while he is still alive and able to change things for the better. You don't have that authority and Allah did not give you that right. That right is reserved for Him alone. Even the Prophets did not say things like this without it coming straight from Allah.

Second, he is a Muslim which means he believes in the Qur'an and Sunnah and the ability to be a much better Muslim. Only Allah knows his future and what he will be like and inshallah Allah will guide and help him. As his brothers and sisters in Islam we should also be looking out for his welfare and how best to help him.

Can you honestly claim your assertion will bring him closer to being a better Muslim. Perhaps in some ways it might, but if it is taken at face value and he decides he truly is condemned and either remains the same or gets worse, you personally are partially accountable for it through your statement.

Only Allah decides who is going to Jahannum and not His Creation. Can any of us be certain we ourselves are going to Jannah and definately not going to Jahannum because of our deeds alone.

Masha'allah brother, you brought tears to my eyes. I will try my best to return to the straight path, Insha'allah.

Abu Juwairiya

Jazakallah Khayrun Brother. May Allah help us all and guide everyone. As you know Ramadan is only days away and it is one of the best times of the year to become closer to Allah. My teachers told me the following things should be at the back of a Muslims mind before Ramadan starts-

Make endless duas
Give in charity
Read as much Qur'an as possible with the translation and if possible with tafseer [interpretation]
Start one new sunnah in your life which you continue even after Ramadan
Give up one bad action or habit
Concentrate even more in your salah
Develop a stronger bond with Allah by 'trusting Him' with your thoughts, fears, hopes and belief in a good end after death

Abu Juwairiya

Brother, although it may not directly serve your interests this Ramadan in increasing your Iman. You could try joining one of the following organisations as a volunteer/worker or others like them. Since I live in the UK, the suggestions are of branches within the UK. Anyone wishing to participate from other countries can research for similar organisations and branches in their own nations. Remember the more you strive to help others, the more Allah is likely to listen to your duas and help you become a better Muslim.

1. HHUGS. This registered charity helps Muslim victims of 'anti-terror' legislation particularly women and families of those brothers wrongly arrested for terrorism offences. They are always looking for volunteers and sometimes have employment vacancies as well.

2. Islamic Human Rights Commission. This organisation similarly looks at defending Islam from both media and political bias, how to counter legislation and highlights the works of other human rights groups.

3. Victim Support. This is a Non Muslim charity and is better suited to sisters as it deals with helping women suffering from domestic abuse in the home.

4. Amnesty International. Another human rights organisation but one which is global and very successful in taking on governments and multi national companies.

thevoice

In the prophet's own words to people like you "have you torn out this man's heart and seen what's inside it?"

metaphorical, meaning don't judge people because you don't know their situation nor their internal iman and struggles.