MaShaAllah! Golden Advice: Night Prayer

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah wabarakaatuh.

Shaykh muhammad Mukhtaar ash-shinqeeti's naseeha to those who do not make it a habit to pray qiyamul-Layl.

Favorite parts: "you'll find him sitting with people and staying up till midnight while he's tired and exhausted, not complaining about a thing...but if you ask him to pray 2 raka`aat of the night prayer, it'll like Yawm Al-qiyaamah for him."

"...People in the desert that cannot find water except with difficulty; one travels long distances except to secure the water that he'll perform ablution with for night prayer. "

"Do it! do not have wish lists and aspirations...do it!"

"It's not enough to read verses of the Qur'aan and Ahaadeeth and the stories of the salaf and shake your head and your heart humbles, and then you don't follow it with action!"

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh ukthii

Jazaakillah alf khayr for the reminder :) I really needed it^^

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
What you do during the day, impacts on your ability to fulfil this ibadah. One good leads to another, just as sin leads to sin. It's a cycle. InshaAllah ours is among the positive and progressive.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa`alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullaah,

BarakaAllaahu feek for the share. Always nice to listen to deep naseeha from the Sheikh.

PURE_SOUL87

Barakallahou fik....I have just begin to pray during the last moments before dawn....and surely, it makes difference on the day!
For me, too much strengh and energy to do fajr prayer, the morning adhkar, reciting quran, having more baraka on you time, more sakina and happiness...this is by experience...
Night prayer has a link with your attitude with god....if there are some sins that you insist to do it...make sure that it will prevent you from waking up in these sacred moments.... that's also by experience:)....I think that it give us a view about our faith degree...
May allah grant us the power to kneel down to him every night...Ameen