Good, English Translation

B.H.

Does anyone here know of a good translation of the Quran in English?

Right now I am using Dawood and to a lesser extent Kalifa. I know that Kalifa is not regarded as a true Muslim by many but his translation is easy for me to read.

Are there any sound translations out there that flow like Kalifa's but does not have his theological quirks?

I am looking for a translation that does not have (.....) or [....] after every fifth word. Such makes it hard to concentrate and follow what you are reading.

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Salaam,

It is a very good question. I am in constant research of a beneficial and understandable translation to reflect on the Tafseer of the Holy Quran. My research has been to no avail as I live in a very isolated Islamic community, rather there is no Islamic community with limited or NO Islamic resources to access.

I do however, use the following as a last resort:

http://www.tafsir.com/
http://www.altafsir.com/

Hope that helps.

Wasalaam.

mubashirhasan

brother...
if [] and () are Confiscated from translation....
it will be very difficult for anyone to understand the context.....
:wasalam:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum,

I just bought one just now. The translation by Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali & Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan. The Quran, I bought, it's not just the translation, it also include comments from Sahih A-Bukhari. Alhamdulillah, I find it good.

You can check out this site to see which one is much clearer to you.

salahdin

asalama aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu bro try WWW.QURAN EXPLORER.COM .You will get three english translations.Yusuf ali,Dr MOHSIN and last but not the least eng-pickthal audio(this is with voice i love the last one mentioned).keep in touch i want to know your opinion bro. asalama aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu -

B.H.

brother...
if [] and () are Confiscated from translation....
it will be very difficult for anyone to understand the context.....
:wasalam:

It would be better in my opinion if they took what was in the (...) and [...] and relegated them to a footnote at the bottom of the page. You would get a much easier read and could concentrate a lot better while reading.

Also, non-Muslims get the idea that the Quran is choppy and poorly written because they have to deal with all the [....} and (.....).