grr!angry!

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
i am so angry! yesterday, i was talking to my friend about church and religion, and when i said something about islam, she comented on saying that we worship Our Holy Prophet Muhammed(p)! (i am also a convert and really need to understand this religion beofre i can try and tell others about this.....)i kept tryng to explain to her that we dont, but she just would't listen! i also have an athiest friend who wants me to explain to her Islamically why were are here(on earth). what should i do? and 1 more thing, i feel so torn between my parents religion(christianity) and Islam. sometimes i feel like crying, because of this, i just dont know what to do....:girl3: :girl3: :girl3:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

My dear Sister,

The best solution is not to have debate with them and just reply them that you are in the process of learning and will let them know the answers once you complete your course of learning about most of the obvious things of Islam.

Truth is in your heart but those people need material answer, the scientific answers. We can only be able to answer their questions if we have enough knowledge and fact. How can we debate with others if we ourselves are little learnt?

So please keep on learning for a couple of years. Specially read the Quranic translation. Specially the video lectures I had refered in my post.

I once again suggest you to keep yourself away from debates but politely reply the people around you about the basics you have learnt and the truth of ONEness of God. i.e. Allah SWT.

WassalaamuAlaikum WRWB,
VE

sajjuaiah

:ma: Thankyou for trying to explain them about our beautiful relegion.

Please be patient when you deals with the relegion (Allah loves the one who has patients).

As Allah said : Your our work is just to deliver the message the guidence is from Allah. to whom he wish he gives.

If you are inviting non-muslims to islam; please prepare your self for their questions.

I have a useful link inshaallah which you may get more knowledge: http://www.irf.net

May Allah give you and us more knowledge and patients. (ameen)

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am so angry! yesterday, i was talking to my friend about church and religion, and when i said something about islam, she comented on saying that we worship Our Holy Prophet Muhammed(p)! (i am also a convert and really need to understand this religion beofre i can try and tell others about this.....)i kept tryng to explain to her that we dont, but she just would't listen! i also have an athiest friend who wants me to explain to her Islamically why were are here(on earth). what should i do? and 1 more thing, i feel so torn between my parents religion(christianity) and Islam. sometimes i feel like crying, because of this, i just dont know what to do....:girl3: :girl3: :girl3:
salaam alaykum dear sister,

Firstly, I suggest you not to engage yourself too much with debating the religion with these people as yourself are new to Islam (but alhamdulillaah that you are a muslimah, and that is the greatest gift and you don't have to worry), that is because it may just cause you a headache from what you hear from stubborn or ignorant people who posses no knowledge, so they just try to say something in order to protect and hide behind their lack of knowledge and true guidance.

It is simple, their accusation that we worship anyone beside Allah (swt) shows that they are just frustrated with their own religion and they don't themselves know who to woship!

You can download a speech from Khalid Yaseen on the "Purpose of Life" and give it to your atheist friend if you cannot explain it on your own completely.

And as to your parents, you should try to understand that Allah (swt) guides whom He wants! You can though make dua for them and it is up to Allah (swt) whether He guides them or not, but never give up your hope! We have the best example on the Prophet (saws) where he tried his best to call his uncle to Islam until his uncle's death.

Hope this helps sister!

wasalaam.

Attachments

• Khalid Yaseen - The Purpose Of Life 1of2 (www.aswatalislam.net).mp3
    5.3 MB · Views: 35
  • Khalid Yaseen - The Purpose Of Life 2of2 (www.aswatalislam.net).mp3
    5.4 MB · Views: 18

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamu' alaikum

- *For the atheist friend who asked why are we here (on earth).

The Purpose
by Br. Ahmad Ibrahim

We know that the One God exists and we know that we are a product of His creation. But we often forget to remember that we were created for a specific purpose. If ten of us try to find out what our purpose is on our own, without considering the Revelation, we might find ten different purposes. However, if we look at the Qur'aan, we will find out that the purpose of our lives is clearly defined.

Allah The Most High says, "O Mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), Who created you and those before you so that you bay become Al-Muttaqoon (i.e. those who have taqwaa)." Al-Baqarah (2):21

And He said, "And I created not the Jinns and men except that they may worship Me (Alone)." Adh-Dhaariyaat (51):56

Allah Ta`aalaa also says in the Qur'aan: "Blessed be He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is able to do all things. Who has created death and life, that He may test which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving." Al-Mulk (67):1-2

These verses where revealed to us by Allah in order to inform us of why we are here on the Earth, what we should be doing and where we are heading. Not to benefit Himself, or because He needs our worship. Rather, because we are in need of Him.

Allah Ta`aalaa says, "O mankind! It is you who stand in need (who are poor) of Allah, but Allah is Rich (Free of all needs), Worthy of all praise." Faatir (35):15

What is meant by "to test which of you is best in deed"? Al-Fudayl Ibn `Iyyaad said, "The best deed is that which is most devoted and most proper." He was asked, "How should it be most devoted and most proper?", and he responded, "For if the deed was devoted but was not proper it would not be accepted, and if it was proper but was not devoted it would not be accepted; the devoted is to be for Allah alone, and the proper is to be in compliance with As-Sunnah."

We were created for this one reason: to worship Allah and to strive to be the best in deed. It is not only a matter of how many deeds we do, it is also a matter of quality. Should we take for granted that our deeds are accepted or should we strive to perfect them and make them pure for Allah's sake and in accordance to the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him)?

Allah Ta`aalaa says in the Qur'aan: "Say (O Muhammad): "Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds? Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds?" al-Kahf (18):103-104

And He said, "Verily, Allah accepts only from those who are al-Muttaqoon (i.e. those who have taqwaa)." Al-Maa'idah (5):27

A scholar said, "there are those who think that this Universe has founded itself or it came to exist by co-incidence. This necessitates that man "has no goal to fulfill" because he came into being without a defined goal! Consequently, a moral or a value system becomes meaningless. Accordingly, man is just a responding "tool" for "mother nature" which, according to Darwin himself, "acts haphazardly"! This way of thinking is aimlessness, and it occurs when man does not recognize his relation with the One who had created life and death, the Universe, and everything around man, all in due proportion."

We have to remember that Allah created death and life so that we may worship Him (i.e. obey Allah Ta`aalaa in all which He commands through the tongue of the Messengers, performing all that Allah loves and is Pleased with from statements and actions - both inner and outer), and perform that worship in the best manner. That is what our objective should be. Instead of contradicting the purpose of man's existence and acting for the sake of perishable worldly interests, we must fulfill its completion. This worship includes all our acts, our sleep, our studies, our recreation and specific forms of worship defined by the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Our period here is short and being slave to worldly gains results in corruption of our souls, constant difficulty, worry and poverty.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Allah says: Son of Adam: fill your time with My worship and I will fill your heart with richness, and end off your poverty. But if you do not, I would make your hands fully busy (i.e. in worldly affairs) and I would not end off your poverty." (At-Tirmidhee, hasan hadeeth)

Moreover, Allah has given us choice and has not forced us to do our acts. He says, "Then whosoever wills let him believe, and whosoever wills let him disbelieve." al-Kahf (18):29

Clearly, we have been informed of our purpose and were shown the way to achieve it. The choice is ours.

-As for your other friend who commented that we worship Our Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)

Al Baqarah (2:6):
As to those who disbelieve, it is the same to them whether you warn them; They will not believe.

*Any wrong doings or error written here is clearly from me, any good written here is from Allah (Glorious and Exalted is He).
May Allah (Glorious and Exalted is He) guide us all to the straight path.

Hope this helps.
:hijabi:

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA

:salam2:

I think it's a common mistake that Christians make in assuming that Muslims worship Muhammad. I don't think they necessarily mean any harm...since Christians *do* worship their prophet, it's probably natural for them to assume that Muslims worship Muhammad in the same way that Jesus is worshipped. I don't actually REMEMBER thinking it, as I wasn't a religious Christian, but I probably assumed the same at one point in my life.

I don't think there's much use in getting upset over it, there is a whole wealth of information you can point your friend towards to prove that whilst Muhammad is deeply loved, he is not worshipped as god-like. After all, Islam is underpinned by the statement "LA ILAHA ILL'AllAH".

Here's to hoping your friend will pay attention to the true facts, insha'allah :)

salaam alaykum dear sister,

Firstly, I suggest you not to engage yourself too much with debating the religion with these people as yourself are new to Islam (but alhamdulillaah that you are a muslimah, and that is the greatest gift and you don't have to worry), that is because it may just cause you a headache from what you hear from stubborn or ignorant people who posses no knowledge, so they just try to say something in order to protect and hide behind their lack of knowledge and true guidance.

wasalaam.

alhamdulillah
i am also agree with brother ibn azim what he says.

Globalpeace

Banned
Muslims worshipping the Prophet!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Unfortunately some misguided Muslims "do" worship the Prophet & "Auliya" and people who have passed away.

Let me explain...

1) To ask someone to intercede on their behalf
2) To ask someone to grant them their wishes
3) To ask someone to remove harm from them

Other then Allah!

Is worshipping someone other then Allah (SWT).

I was just sent an e-mail today by a student about how someone was terminally ill & the Doctors gave up hope...Then suddenly Zainab (RA) i.e. Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)'s daughter came in the dream and the person was cured overnight.

The e-mail said to circulate it to a minimum of 35 people so the sender can also receive similar blessings from Zainab (RA)!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asslamo Allaikum,

Unfortunately some misguided Muslims "do" worship the Prophet & "Auliya" and people who have passed away.

Let me explain...

1) To ask someone to intercede on their behalf
2) To ask someone to grant them their wishes
3) To ask someone to remove harm from them

Other then Allah!

Is worshipping someone other then Allah (SWT).

I was just sent an e-mail today by a student about how someone was terminally ill & the Doctors gave up hope...Then suddenly Zainab (RA) i.e. Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)'s daughter came in the dream and the person was cured overnight.

The e-mail said to circulate it to a minimum of 35 people so the sender can also receive similar blessings from Zainab (RA)!

I met someone much worse than that.. hmm, I rather say no more!! He was banned from here.

This is why the Call to ISlam must always start and end with Tawheed! It is most important thing for Muslims.. the foundation to which we can unite and better ourselves.

Back to main topic,

Sister, you must learn Islam and be better Muslimah.

And, it is bad to talk to people who ridicule Islam and who dont listen

140. And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur'ân) that when you hear the Verses of Allâh being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allâh will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell. Surah 4(An Nisaa, Ayah 140)

THis is for everyone, nobody should be sitting or talking to these people who keep saying Rubbish, and if you do, you just wasting your time and your lives.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1552

A

addan

hi aisha

salamu alakum
hi sister in islam
aisha i need to now way u convert islam if u do now way we here
sis i sink is good to now be for convertion wat this religeion was
i sink u did mastac so u can write u mastac jast learn
and may allah blss u
and for give u
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:
:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

sis learn mare

Najmoen

The term "Muhammadins" is an insult to Muslims!

I also agree that its best not to engage in debating religion with people whole hearts are hardened toward Islam and through their ignorance call Muslims, Muhammadins because they are mesmerized by Christianity with its dogmatic beliefs and equate Islam to theirs. Qur'an says they will not leave you alone until you (as a Muslim) believe like they (Kaafier) belief, so the best answer for you would be to recite surah kaafiroon to them.

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُونَ
Say : O you rejectors of Faith! (Kaafier)

لا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
I worship not that which you worship,

وَلا أَنْتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ
Nor will you worship that which I worship.

وَلا أَنَا عَابِدٌ مَا عَبَدْتُمْ
And I will never worship that which you (want me to) worship,

وَلا أَنْتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ
Nor will you (want to) worship that which I worship.

لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ
To you be your Religion, and to me mine.

Al-Kafiroon Surah 109, Verses 1-7