Hadith about the Holy Qur'an

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
Hadrat Uthman (Radhi Allaho anho) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said : "The best amongst you is he who learns the Qur'an and teaches it." (Bukhari, Abu Daud, Tirmizi, Nasai and Ibnu Majah)

In most of the books, this 'hadith' is quoted with the word ('and') between 'learns' and 'teaches' as above.Thus the greatest reward would be for him who learns the Holy Qur'an and thereafter teaches it to others. But in some of the books this 'hadith' is narrated with the word ('or'), in which case the meaning would be "The best amongst you is he who learns the Qur'an or teaches it.

According to this version, the reward is general, i.e., equally great whether one learns it himself or teaches it to others. Thus it would be equally virtuous for both.

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
Hadrat Abu Sa'id (Radhi Allaho anaho) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said : Almighty Allah says, "if anybody finds no time for My remembrance and for begging favours of Me, because of his remaining busy with the Holy Qur'an, I shall give him more than what I give to all those who beg favours of Me." The superiority of the Word of Allah over all other words is like the superiority of Allah over the entire creation." (Tirmizi, Darimi and Baihaqi)

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
Hadrat Uqbah ibn-e-'Aamir (Radhi Allaho anho) has said : " Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) came to us while we were sitting on the 'Suffah' and asked if any one of us would like to go to the market of 'Buthan' or 'Aqiq' and fetch from there two she-camels of the finest breed without committing any sin or severing a tie of kinship. We replied that everyone of us would love to do so. Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) then said that going to the Masjid(mosque) and reciting or teaching two ayaat of Qur'an is more precious than two she-camels, three ayaat are more precious than three she-camels, and that similarly reciting or teaching of four Ayaat is better than four she-camels and an equal number of camels." (Muslim and Abu Daud)

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
'Aishah (Radhi Allaho anha) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once said, "One who is well versed in the Qur'an will be in the company of those angels who are scribes, noble and righteous; and one who falters in reading the Qur'an, and has to exert hard for learning, gets double the reward." (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Daud, Tirmizi and Ibnu Majah)

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
Ibn-e-Umar (Radhi Allaho anho) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said, Hasad (jealousy) is not permitted except in respect of two persons- one whom Allah blesses with recitation of Qur'an and he remains engages in it day and night, and the other who is given a lot of wealth by Allah and he spends it day and night." (Bukhari, Tirmizi and Nisai)

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
Abu Musa (Radhi Allaho anho) narrated that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said: "The example of a 'mo'min (believer) who reads the Qur'an is like that of 'turanj' (citron), which has a pleasant smell and a sweet taste. The example of a 'mo'min who does not read the Qur'an is like that of a date, which has no smell, though its taste is sweet, the 'munafiq (hypocrite) who does not read the Qur'an is like a wild gourd, which has a bitter taste and no smell, and the 'munafiq' who reads the Qur'an is like a 'raihan' (sweet-smelling flower), which is fragrant but has a bitter taste. (Bukhari, Muslim, Nasai and Ibnu Majah.)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Sister solehah , jazakAllah khair for the hadith.
It will be better if you can include the narrator( Bukhari, Muslim , Abi Dawood) and hadith number

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
'Abdur Rahman ibn-e-'Auf (Radhi Allaho anho) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said, "On the Day of Judgement, three things will be under the shade of the 'Arsh'(Allah's Throne). One, the Holy Qur'an which will argue with men--the Qur'an has both an apparent and deeper meaning. The second will be 'amanat' (trust). The third will be kinship, which shall proclaim 'O, Allah! have mercy on the person who upheld me, and deprive him of Your mercy whosoever severed me." (Kitab Sharhussunnah)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Three things will be under the shade of the 'Arsh" signifies their utmost nearness in the sublime presence of Allah. "The Qur'an will argue" means that it will plead the cause of those people who read it, respect it and act upon its commandments. It will intercede on their behalf and solicit upgrading of their rank. Mulla 'Ali Qari has narrated on the authority of 'Tirmazi' (a book of Hadith) that, in the presence of Almighty Allah, the Holy Qur'an will beg Allah to grant an apparel to its reader. Almighty Allah will give him a crown of honour. The Qur'an will again beg for additional favours for Him Thereupon Almighty Allah will award to the reader a complete robe of honour. The Qur'an will again beseech Allah to be pleased with him, and Almighty Allah will express His pleasure to him.