Hadith from Bakhari

allmuslimsrequal

:salam2:

hadith 1-2-47

One day while the prophet (pbuh) was sitting in the company of some people, Gabriel came to him and asked

"What is faith?"

The prophet relied "Faith is to believe in Allah, his angels, the meeting with him, his apostles, and to believe in resurrection."

Gabriel asked "What is Islam?"

The prophet replied "To worship Allah alone and noone else, to offer prayers perfectly, to pay Zakat, and to observe fasts during Ramadon."

Gabriel asked "What is Ihsan (perfection)?"

The prophet replied "To worship Allah as if you can see him, and if you can not achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is looking at you."

Gabriel asked "When will the Hour be established?"

The prophet replied "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about it's portents:
1) when a slave gives birth to her master
2) when the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. The hour is 1 of 5 things that noone knows except Allah.

Does anyone have any theory or idea what 'shepards of black camels' means?
If you do, please post it. I hope you enjoyed the hadith. Masalam.:blackhijab:

samiha

---------
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

I found this in another book, not very detailed definition about last part, but basically the beginning defines Islam, Iman and Ihsan.

The last portion deals with two of the lesser signs of the Day of Judgement which are (translations given in the book)

A: A maidservant shall become the mother of her mistress/master

B: The bare-footed and tattered needy shepards compete with one another in erecting high buildings

Letter B truthfully isn't too hard to understand once the concept is gotten. Inshallah, I am still searching for a good explanation...

wassalam.

gulroz khan

MUSLIM

hadith 1-2-47

One day while the prophet (pbuh) was sitting in the company of some people, Gabriel came to him and asked

"What is faith?"

The prophet relied "Faith is to believe in Allah, his angels, the meeting with him, his apostles, and to believe in resurrection."

Gabriel asked "What is Islam?"

The prophet replied "To worship Allah alone and noone else, to offer prayers perfectly, to pay Zakat, and to observe fasts during Ramadon."

Gabriel asked "What is Ihsan (perfection)?"

The prophet replied "To worship Allah as if you can see him, and if you can not achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is looking at you."

Gabriel asked "When will the Hour be established?"

The prophet replied "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about it's portents:
1) when a slave gives birth to her master
2) when the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. The hour is 1 of 5 things that noone knows except Allah.

Does anyone have any theory or idea what 'shepards of black camels' means?
If you do, please post it. I hope you enjoyed the hadith. Masalam.:blackhijab:

salam,o,lakum to reply to ur qstn,I have seen a documantary about jugment day and one of the sign of the jugment day was that arabs will make high rise uilding on there land.so i think that the sentence"spepherds of blake camels" is actually a signal towards present day U.A.E and the arabia region with there high rise buildings.could be the answer to ur qstn i hope.JAZAKAKKAH.

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Minor Signs of the End of Time

The two signs from the hadith that you are referring to in your post are definately minor signs of the Hour. The answer to your question about "Does anyone have any theory or idea what 'shepards of black camels' means?" is explained below.

The following information has been taken from a book called:

Signs of the End of the World & the Overwhelming Aspects of the Hereafter
Author: Dr Abdul Karim Awad
Pages: 45-46

'The Shepherds will compete in the construction of tall buildings. The modern descendents of nomadic tribes in Arabia are an excellent example of this.'

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said (quoted from Sahih Muslim):
"... and you will see barefooted, naked, impoverished sheepherders competing with each other in tall buildings."

I hope this helps answer your question.

:wasalam: