hadith:Pulling Back From the Fire

believers_path

:salam2: wanted to share this beautiful hadith

188347_208698562473965_100000014673812_841183_7132259_n.jpg

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “I am like a person who lit a fire and when the surrounding area became bright with light, the moths and insects began to drop in the fire. The person is now trying with all the force at his command to stop these moths and insects from dropping in the fire, but the moths and insects are rushing towards the fire rendering all his efforts ineffective. Likewise, I am trying my best to draw you back and keep you away from the fire, yet you are bent on falling into it.” [Mishkat]

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) came as a mercy for all mankind. After being commissioned with the message of Islam he spent every day and night for the remaining twenty-three years of his life consumed with worry, concerned that no one should fall into Jahannum.

The love of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) for mankind was such that he spent the whole night crying, “Allahumma Ummati, Allahumma Ummati” (O Allah my Ummah, O Allah my Ummah). Every Prophet is given one wish to use as they please. Tears rolled down Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam)’s face as his son Ibraheem was dieing in his arms, but he didn’t use that wish to save the life of his son. He didn’t use that wish for anyone of his family, not Fatima (radi Allahu anha), not his beloved uncle Abu Talib, nor anyone else. He saved that wish to use for you and me on the Day of Judgement.

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) testifies to the concern of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) in this ayat: “But will you, perhaps, torment yourself to death with grief over them if they are not willing to believe in this message?” [Quran 18:6]

How concerned are we about falling into Jahannum (Allah Forbid)? How concerned are ywe about honouring the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) and his teachings?