Hair question... Side bangs/layered hair

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2:

Hope all of my brothers and sisters are having an amazing Ramadhan inshaALlah. Just wanted to quickly ask something. Well, basically, some time back i was talking to a friend and she told me you're not allowed to cut your hair? So this means you cannot layer your hair or cut bangs right? Is it not permissible? I have been doing so for some time now and i need some confirmation inshaAllah. :)

May Allah bless each and overy one of you and open HIS doors of mercy.

Take care

Wassalaam

IslamicGirl24

:salam2:

Hope all of my brothers and sisters are having an amazing Ramadhan inshaALlah. Just wanted to quickly ask something. Well, basically, some time back i was talking to a friend and she told me you're not allowed to cut your hair? So this means you cannot layer your hair or cut bangs right? Is it not permissible? I have been doing so for some time now and i need some confirmation inshaAllah. :)

Take care

Wassalaam
Wa alayumus salam sister.
I hope that you are having a splendid Ramadhan as well.
As to your question, I did hear that we cannot cut our hair AT ALL. So, it might not be permissible to even layer your hair.
Hope it helps.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
sister you can indeed cut your hair..
allah has has said it is permissible for us to cut hair..
but, we should cut hair, for style, or to show off..
you know many kinds of hairstyles come like step cut, feather cut,u shapr, v shape etc,etc..
we can cut our hair, just if we have hair loss, or if we have any kind of trouble...
theres no were written in quran that cutting hair is haram,,,

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I read two fatwas one by As-Shaikh Bin Baz (ra) and one by As-Shaikh Salman Al-'Ewaada...and they both say..if the hairstyle does not make the woman look like a man (meaning it's *extremely short*)..and it is not shaving the hair off completely (which *specifically* and *clearly* forbidden for women in the Sunnah)..or she's displaying her hair in front of non-mahrams (probably speaking about inappropriate hijab here)...then there's nothing forbidding the woman from cutting her hair and there are no *daleels* in the Sunnah or the Qura'an forbidding such act so long she cuts it within the conditions listed earlier (i.e. imitation of men & non-Muslims)..in-fact Shaikh Al-'Ewaada quoted a hadith in which it says that Our Mothers..the wives of Rasulullah (saaws) used to cut their hair and that the scholars who say this is specific to them are incorrect because there's *no daleel* saying that it is in-fact *specific to them*..and as I remember it was from *Sahih Muslim*..also..Shaikh Ibn Baz (ra) states that if a woman is married and she wants to cut *a lot* of her hair she should consult with her husband first because her hair is a part of beautifying herself for him and he may prefer her long hair over her short one and such..so she should be mindful of that and make sure she asks him his opinion

I read another fatwa by As-Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen (ra)...in which he gives three scholarly views...some scholars *allow it*..some *forbid it*..and some say it is *makrooh*...he says he has not found *clear* forbiddance on cutting hair for women..but he is with the opinion that it is makrooh because it may make the woman imitate men or non-Muslim women..

And a fatwa by As-Shaikh Mohammad Salih Al-Munajjid..in which he also referenced the hadith referenced by Shaikh Al-'Ewadda..and giving Al-Nawawi's tafsir to it stating that "the hadith gives a daleel of permitting women to take from their hair" (i.e. cut from it)

Also I read a fifth fatwa by "Al-Lijna Ad-daae'ema Lilbohooth Al-'Elmiyya wal Iftaa'a" (The Permanent Council for scientific and verdict research [pardon my translation if it is wrong])...which states that if a woman's hair has gotten to a length that is harming her or causing her much discomfort (a length that is..down to her waist..longer to her hips..or even longer)..she may cut from it to keep away that harm and discomfort

I read these when I wanted to cut my hair and they were all in Arabic..but I will have to look up a fatwa for you in English inshallah..because I know no matter what..relating information in the fashion I used..is not good enough..and inshallah someone beats me to it and posts an actual..cited fatwa for your reference ukhti

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Sister!...I found some fatwas on cutting the hair alhamdulillah..I apologize if it's late..I kept forgetting what I needed to do on TTI..and I finally remembered my saying that I will provide you with links (many suspect I have a memory span like that of a goldfish..so go figure!..lol)

Anyway..here are the links

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/12701/قص الشعر (read the last bit of this fatwa to get the sum up)

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/22841/قص الشعر (this might answer another question you may have..about going to *hair salons*)

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13248/قص الشعر (this fatwa speaks of cutting bangs and such)

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13744/قص الشعر (the first part of this fatwa is the part relevant to your question)

Inshallah this will help you ukhti..take care of yourself..and I love you for Allah's Sake! :)

FreedomFighter

Hope all of my brothers and sisters are having an amazing Ramadhan inshaALlah. Just wanted to quickly ask something. Well, basically, some time back i was talking to a friend and she told me you're not allowed to cut your hair? So this means you cannot layer your hair or cut bangs right? Is it not permissible? I have been doing so for some time now and i need some confirmation inshaAllah.

Take care

Wassalaam

how can people even say its haram to cut your hair ? so its supposed to grow soo long and you cant even cut it? quite doesnt make sense, because your not changing God's creation by doing so. what is the problem with cutting hair? it doesnt necessarily mean you will cut your hair so short just because you say you cut your hair.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Salam!

Im ever so sorry for a delayed reply.

Exactly ukhtii. I wanted to cut my hair for Eid but i was unsure. JazakAllah khair sisters for confirming.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
I read two fatwas one by As-Shaikh Bin Baz (ra) and one by As-Shaikh Salman Al-'Ewaada...and they both say..if the hairstyle does not make the woman look like a man (meaning it's *extremely short*)..and it is not shaving the hair off completely (which *specifically* and *clearly* forbidden for women in the Sunnah)..or she's displaying her hair in front of non-mahrams (probably speaking about inappropriate hijab here)...then there's nothing forbidding the woman from cutting her hair and there are no *daleels* in the Sunnah or the Qura'an forbidding such act so long she cuts it within the conditions listed earlier (i.e. imitation of men & non-Muslims)..in-fact Shaikh Al-'Ewaada quoted a hadith in which it says that Our Mothers..the wives of Rasulullah (saaws) used to cut their hair and that the scholars who say this is specific to them are incorrect because there's *no daleel* saying that it is in-fact *specific to them*..and as I remember it was from *Sahih Muslim*..also..Shaikh Ibn Baz (ra) states that if a woman is married and she wants to cut *a lot* of her hair she should consult with her husband first because her hair is a part of beautifying herself for him and he may prefer her long hair over her short one and such..so she should be mindful of that and make sure she asks him his opinion

I read another fatwa by As-Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen (ra)...in which he gives three scholarly views...some scholars *allow it*..some *forbid it*..and some say it is *makrooh*...he says he has not found *clear* forbiddance on cutting hair for women..but he is with the opinion that it is makrooh because it may make the woman imitate men or non-Muslim women..

And a fatwa by As-Shaikh Mohammad Salih Al-Munajjid..in which he also referenced the hadith referenced by Shaikh Al-'Ewadda..and giving Al-Nawawi's tafsir to it stating that "the hadith gives a daleel of permitting women to take from their hair" (i.e. cut from it)

Also I read a fifth fatwa by "Al-Lijna Ad-daae'ema Lilbohooth Al-'Elmiyya wal Iftaa'a" (The Permanent Council for scientific and verdict research [pardon my translation if it is wrong])...which states that if a woman's hair has gotten to a length that is harming her or causing her much discomfort (a length that is..down to her waist..longer to her hips..or even longer)..she may cut from it to keep away that harm and discomfort

I read these when I wanted to cut my hair and they were all in Arabic..but I will have to look up a fatwa for you in English inshallah..because I know no matter what..relating information in the fashion I used..is not good enough..and inshallah someone beats me to it and posts an actual..cited fatwa for your reference ukhti

Salam,

No not like men LOL. I actually dislike bib cut and anything of that sort *ew*
And no men have seen my hair Alhumdulillah.

JazakAllah khair for this ukhtii

Uhibbuki katheer

Wassalam :)