Haram food

NewbieToIslam

Assalaam alyikum,

I was just wondering what I should do with Haram food? Once I accidentally brought some non-halal lamb and it just sat in my freezer. People have also brought me chocolate which I'm not 100% sure I can eat as some of the ingrediants maybe suspect!
Any ideas what I should do with it? Is it permissable to throw them away even if I'm not sure if they are halal or not?

JazakAllah for your answers
Salaam

umm hussain

asalam alaikum

IF there is cause to doubt whether it is halal or not i suggest you throw them in the bin, I do that to be on the safe side.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2:

... or better yet, donate it to the Food Bank (or whatever it's called in London) to help feed the homeless disbelievers. I don't think there's anything wrong with doing that, only another way of doing a good deed. =) My wife and I have had to do this a few times now.

:wasalam:

NewbieToIslam

I was of the understanding that we couldn't give unlawful food to anybody but I will ask the Imam next time I'm at the mosque JazakAllah

firdeus

Assalam alaikum,

I am not a scholar nor imam, but I believe the food you are talking about could be allowed for the poor, considering the ayayh of quran:

6:119. Why should ye not eat of (meats) on which God's name hath been pronounced, when He hath explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you - except under compulsion of necessity
6:145. Say: "I find not in the message received by me by inspiration any (meat) forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be dead meat, or blood poured forth, or the flesh of swine,- for it is an abomination - or, what is impious, (meat) on which a name has been invoked, other than God's". But (even so), if a person is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- thy Lord is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful..
I believe in our times when giving is more and more rarely, basically because of the intensity of life, we don't know where the poor people are, and they are left more unattended than before, giving them that food would be allowed in my opinion, in case they are all out of food, so they can fulfill their needs of the moment. This is only my opinion, but I would have given food based on this ayah.

Allah knows best.

Assalam alaikum:hijabi: