Hadith Have You Removed the Arrow?

afrarzk

احبك ىارب

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Have You Removed the Arrow?

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whenever anyone of you offers Salaat, he is speaking in private to his Lord.” [Sahih Bukhari]

During a battle, Ali (radi Allahu anhu) was shot in the foot by an arrow. It sank so deep into the bone that no one could easily remove it. The surgeon, having examined the wound, told Ali (radi Allahu anhu):

“Master, I can remove the arrow only if I put you to sleep through anaesthesia. I have to do it; otherwise you cannot bear the excruciating pain.”

Ali (radi Allahu anhu) replied: “There is no need for any medicine to dull my nerves. Wait for a while until the time for prayer arrives. When I stand to pray then you can remove the arrow.”

When the time for prayer arrived, Ali (radi Allahu anhu) got himself ready and stood to pray in utmost love and respect towards his Lord. He was enraptured with the fulfillment of worship of the Almighty Allah. Meanwhile, the surgeon removed the arrow and dressed up Ali (radi Allahu)’s wound.

When Ali (radi Allahu anhu) completed his Salaat, he asked the surgeon: “Have you removed the arrow?”

What is my Salaat like? Am I conscious of being in Allah’s presence when I am praying?

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) describes the prayer of the hypocrites in the Quran with these words: “And when they stand up for the Salaat, they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little.” [Surah An-Nisa, Ayat 142]

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Even in our thoughts, even in our intentions, even in our commitments, let alone pledges, sacrifices and actions, we are not even close. SubhanAllah.