held under anti-terrorism law

umm hussain

LONDON (Reuters) - Anti-terrorism officers arrested six Muslim men in London in dawn raids on Tuesday, on suspicion of inciting terrorism overseas and raising funds for terrorists.

The six, including Abu Izzadeen who millions saw on television heckling British Home Secretary John Reid at a public meeting last year, were arrested under the Terrorism Act 2000, a spokeswoman for Scotland Yard said.

The suspects were held "in low key operations" at 5 a.m. at five addresses in London and one in Luton, north of the capital.

"The arrests form part of a long-term pro-active and complex investigation into alleged incitement and radicalization for the purposes of terrorism, as well as alleged provision of financial support for international terrorism," the spokeswoman said.

A security source said the arrests were not related to the July 7 2005 suicide bomb attacks by four British Islamists in London which killed 52 people or any other ongoing major counter terrorism operation.

Anjem Choudary, a former leader of the banned organization Al-Ghurabaa, confirmed that Izzadeen, who had been another senior figure in the group, was among those arrested.

Izzadeen, who was born Trevor Brooks in Jamaica, shot to prominence when he heckled Reid during a speech to Muslim leaders last September, urging them to root out extremism.

He has not been accused of any crime over that outburst but was charged by police earlier this year with encouraging terrorism during a speech he gave in Birmingham in 2006.

Choudary told Reuters the latest accusations related to speeches and talks the men had made in 2004.

"They are all active Islamists in the community. They are all passionate about what they believe," he said.

"They all stand up against the government and their foreign policy. At the end of the day they have done nothing illegal and this is just another witch hunt and crusade against the Muslim community."

Source
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070424/wl_nm/britain_arrests_dc;_ylt=Al1Co9lNviT0Sb.XUO3H4_IUewgF

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

who is this Abu Izzadeen I think I saw him on news once shouting at John reid. Is he an undercover agent, I have heard rumours that he is. What sect is he from, why is he doing what he is doing? Does any one know anything of this man.? Is he commissioned by someone to distort Islam?

visionusman

being content
This is nothing. I know four men (black muslims, two of whom had beards)who were driving on a bridge in central London when they got a flat punctured tyre. They parked their car on the side and opened the boot. A passerby saw this and naturally thought they were about to blow up the bridge or something. But of course what else would muslims be doing on a london bridge, taking something out of the car boot? Any way within a matter of two or three minutes at the most, they were surrounded by 3-4 police cars with fire arm officers. One of them had the the wrench in his hand , another was rolling the tyre. They all dropped everything and were told to get on the floor. Then without any car inspection, search or questioning the police kicked the hell out of them. Later they found that the men had done nothing wrong and were allowed to go with out any charge.

But the men probably were on the wrong side of the law, weren't they? By virtue of having beards in London. What do u think?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

Brothers, I just finished posting on the thread of depression. To break a community the men must first be emasculated. The symbol of a strong community is the man. A strong man supports his family..ergo his community is strong...
By intimidation and ridicule the man becomes weaker and it has a reverberating effect.It breaks down the family etc. The financial backbone is crushed. If you have a police record..you can't get a job etc..
We have to be strong. We have to understand that we need to be united.
We have to say no more...no more..and mean it. it is time to move on...
We are the slaves of Allah...Isalm is our shield..no more..no more...
Always remember Brothers, your mothers and sisters are beside you.

ShaheedU

Extinct
who is this Abu Izzadeen I think I saw him on news once shouting at John reid.
Yeh, he was forbidding the evil when this kuffar was telling Muslims to spy on their children for signs of extremism! John Reid is an enemy of islaam.

Is he an undercover agent, I have heard rumours that he is.
Astaghfirullaah, he is NOT an undercover agent! These rumours are no doubt from the hypocrites.

What sect is he from, why is he doing what he is doing? Does any one know anything of this man.?

He is a follower of Ahlul Sunnaah wal Jamaah. If people label him as otherwise then they should bring their proof!

Is he commissioned by someone to distort Islam?

No, if you think otherwise, bring your proof.

Oh muslims, make du'a for these brothers and their families. wa jazakumullaah khairun.

iqzero

Yeh, he was the forbidding the evil when this kuffar was telling Muslims to spy on their children for signs of extremism! John Reid is an enemy of islaam.

Astaghfirullaah, he is NOT an undercover agent! These rumours are no doubt from the hypocrites.

He is a follower of Ahlul Sunnaah wal Jamaah. If people label him as otherwise then you should bring your proof!

No, if you think otherwise, bring your proof.

Oh muslims, make du'a for these brothers and their families. wa jazakumullaah khairun.

Salaam alaiykum,

I agree with brother ShaheedU that they have been lied about to vindicate and isolate these brothers with strong eeman. May allah guide me to be a strong muslim who stands for injustice against our brothers and sisters like brother abu izzudeen ameen!

wa alaiykum salaam