Hello Everyone :)

Hi everyone!
My name is Julie, and I'm from Massachusetts in the USA. I'm 24 years old, and am in the beginning stages, of thinking of reverting to Islam. I was brought up Catholic like most people in my area. When I went away to college, I kind of lost touch with my faith. I always went every Sunday when I lived at home, but when I was away at school, I never really felt compelled to go to Church. In my senior year of college, I studied abroad in London. While I was there, I got a taste of what Islam is really like, and not what it is made out to be in the US.
Anyway, I have been reading up about Islam, over the past year or two since returning to the US, and I think it might be for me :). I really feel like I am very interested in continue to study it, and potentially revert sometime down the road.
I signed up for this site because there are very few practicing Muslims where I live, so I would love to meet new people who can help guide me on this new journey, and even make some new friends :)
-Julie

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum, Julie. Hopely you will find here more information and new friends too. I am from Finland, reverted to Islam almost 20 years ago.

As you wrote that you think Islam might be for you. So, I can say that you are right: Islam is for everyone.

Nice to get you here. :)

Thank you all for your kind words :)
I lived in Clapham, in South London when I was over there... I would love to go back sometime. I am planning on hopefully going back to visit this summer for a few weeks.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam:
to all muslims.
Hi julie
You are on the right track !
:wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms:
Welcome!
to TurnTo Islam please
and we are very glad to help.
~Say;
There is no God but Allah
and prophet Muhammad is Allah swt messenger.

Until then
Take care,

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

~Wassalam :SMILY259:

Eman Yousuf

hello Julie,

Welcome to this forum, inshallah you will not regret upon your decision (like me) islam is the right way taking you to paradise.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Selam Aleykum Sister Julie,

Welcome to the website, please let us know if you have any questions. There are roughly 50-100K reverts to Islam in the USA per year and all of them enter Islam after a lot of close consideration and study. We have lots of knowledgeable people here that can help. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the USA and most that convert are women like you, so you should not feel left out at all. This website has several hundreds to possibly a few thousands of reverts on it, many of which were Catholic.

Reading the Quran and studying the life of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH should help you understand Islam, from Islamic sources of course. www.islam-guide.com is a really nice brief illustrated guide to Islam as well, I really liked this book when I first started to practice and learn more about Islam myself.

I know it sounds very overwhelming now, but the religion is so simple and mostly all common sense. It fits perfectly in one's heart and mind and comes natural to most of us.

Regards,
Hasan

Salmirah

Assalamualaikum Julie! :SMILY259: And welcome to the forum.
You've chosen the right path and the right place to learn and share. I'm a Muslim by born, and ever since I joined this forum, I got to know so many things I didn't know before. Now imagine how much it will help to new Muslims. :SMILY128:

Thank you everyone!
I have already learned a ton this last week, by just reading other topics on here. If anyone would like to send me any material, you think may be useful, please don't hesitate!
Thanks again,
Julie

Eman Yousuf

Hello,

Julie can you change your profile picture to something else like scenery etc., just to be on safe side , that photo is very attractive lol.

take care

uskupi

Hi everyone!
My name is Julie, and I'm from Massachusetts in the USA. I'm 24 years old, and am in the beginning stages, of thinking of reverting to Islam. I was brought up Catholic like most people in my area. When I went away to college, I kind of lost touch with my faith. I always went every Sunday when I lived at home, but when I was away at school, I never really felt compelled to go to Church. In my senior year of college, I studied abroad in London. While I was there, I got a taste of what Islam is really like, and not what it is made out to be in the US.
Anyway, I have been reading up about Islam, over the past year or two since returning to the US, and I think it might be for me :). I really feel like I am very interested in continue to study it, and potentially revert sometime down the road.
I signed up for this site because there are very few practicing Muslims where I live, so I would love to meet new people who can help guide me on this new journey, and even make some new friends :)
-Julie

mashAllah ..do not hesitate julie , for this is the right path mey Allah SWT guide you ...ameen

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Hello,

Julie can you change your profile picture to something else like scenery etc., just to be on safe side , that photo is very attractive lol.

take care

I was just thinking same - also because without hijab kind of picture is quite unislamic in islamic forum.

Thanks for the warning. I've changed my picture. I just saw it said profile picture, so I thought I was supposed to put one of myself. Sorry again in I offended anyone.
-Julie

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

No problem dear sister. :)

Or did you think that for example I am in the real looks as a fat yellow ball? o_O (just joking)

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0
:bismillah:

Assalamu 'Alaikum Julie, and welcome to the site :SMILY206:.

I thought I just share with you some links with you that will further your understanding of Islam.

http://turntoislam.com/community/th...or-and-sustainer-of-the-universe.2432/?t=2432 ( Who is Allah)

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/what-is-a-muslim.2426/?t=2426 ( What is a Muslim)

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/proof-of-allahs-existance-from-the-noble-quran.2668/?t=2668 ( Proof of Allah's Existence from The Noble Quran)

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/the-status-of-women-in-islam.2351/?t=2351 ( Status of Women in Islam)

http://islamunveiled.com/eng/modules.php?name=free_books ( A website where you can receive free books on Islam)

Take your time, no need to rush, and I hope that was helpful :D.

Eman Yousuf

Hello ,

No problem sister , though I liked it but I want you to be safe from all the bad things happening in the world.

Fi amanillah