Hello, my first experience with Muslims story.

tcbkk

Hello, peace and blessings of the almighty creator to all, Allah willing that is. I am a "not yet muslim"that has been raised Catholic in a very Catholic family. I have't been practising for years. I have been learning about Islam for a while but most of it has been superficial , I am looking at reversion but want to learn to read Quran in Arabic. I was drawn to Islam years ago when going through troubles. The MSA at my university gave me a beautiful hard bound copy of the Quran when I asked what the beautiful blue book was on the table they had set up in the hall. Monthes later someone had attempted to end my life and I went into hiding after I contacted the law. The only inn in my town that was open was not taking people in as it was late. I begged for a room and weny to get money out of my bag. ThE Quran was on top in my pack and I took it out to get to the money I was going to offer to let me stay. The attendant saw the book and immediately took time with me and put me in a safe place until my family could get me. I have never forgotten this kindness and I have kept the Quran (15, 17 years i can't remember) safe, dry and dust free. I look through it occaisionally but use a smart phone app for most of my reading.

I hope to learn here.

tc

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi, that is a really interesting story and thank you for sharing it with us. in sha Allah this is a great place for you to learn. Feel free to ask questions and we will do our best to help you.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Hello and peace with you

Welcome to Turn To Islam forum (TTI as we shortly say). Thanks for sharing your story. Hopely you will find this place informative and feel as home here with us. Here is a lot of reading about Islam but feel free to ask if you have something in your mind. We try our best to find the answers. :)

zaman-gm

May Allah bless your Brother. Thanks for the sharing.
Very nice to see you here in TTi.
Hope you will enjoy this site and do well in good deeds.
Ma Sha Allah.
:SMILY206:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalamu'alaikum to my family in islam,
greeting .
Welcome to Tti
Enjoy your stay and have a nice day :)

tcbkk

May peace also be with you brothers and sisters. Thank you all for your replies. I have been advidly watching (listening mostly, another story later) To numerous videos on you tube. Joshua Evans videos are what started me off listening. I am living in asia currently and find it difficult getting to a Masjid. I want to go in to learn how to pray as well.