Hello! :]

Sama83

I am Samatha. (You can put the "N" in there if you wish too, I have an "intercultural" name.) I am a 27 year old female from Michigan. I am a full time parent and full time student. I am going for my PhD in Agriculture. When not busy, I like to keep busy. lol I am an avid cook, baker, photographer and humanitarian. I find great happiness in helping others and doing what I can for those around me.

I never grew up with religion in the house. I tried as I grew older to find some sort of peace within a religion. Not one single religion has ever made me feel at peace, like Islam does. I have always been drawn to Islam. I know now that Islam has always been the key to my peace and freedom. Islam fits what is in my heart. I've always been a bit different from the cultural norm when it comes to my peers. I've always been more modest and a lot of my personal opinion and choices are more inline with Islam then any other religion. I've always been this way and it confirms what I have in my heart.

I am still very green when it come to prayers and some traditions. I plan on doing my shahadah this winter when my fiance comes from Pakistan, Insha'Allah. A lot of my friends think it's because of him but it's not. He's been a great source of knowledge and support as I take this journey. If anything he has been encouraging me to follow my heart. Hopefully we will be married next year Insha'Allah. I am thankful to have a partner who fully supports me and respects me.

I have been reaching out to find others around me who can help me in the meantime, to help answer questions and show me the way. At first I felt really lost and alone but researching online has me reaching out and I am no longer afraid of being alone.

I hope to make new friends! :SMILY259:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Hello and Welcome to the Forum Samantha,

Firstly, sorry your thread did not appear straight away, it just needed to be approved (because it was your first post).

Secondly, the reason why Islam fits with your heart is because it fits with the natural instinct. I always feel the two portions below explain this well (I hope you don't mind this little read):

1 – The First Proof: The Evidence of the Fitrah (Human Instinct)

Sound Human Instinct Bears Witness to the Existence of Allah Without (Any Need for Further) Evidence

The Qur’aan does not discuss at length the matter of proving the existence of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala), because it states that sound human instinct, and minds that are not contaminated with the filth of shirk (associating partners with Allah (God), affirm His existence (without any need for further evidence). Not only that, Tawheed (Oneness of Allah) or the affirmation of Divine Unity, is something which is natural and instinctive.

In the Qur’aan it says:

So set you (O’ Muhammad) your face towards the religion (of pure Islamic Monotheism) Haneef (worship none but Allah Alone). Allah’s Fitrah (i.e. Allah’s Islamic Monotheism) with which He has created mankind. No change let there be in Khalq-illaah (i.e. the religion of Allah, Islamic Monotheism), that is the straight religion...

(Qur’aan 30: 30)

This fitrah is the thing which explains the phenomenon that has been noted by those who research the history of religions, that all nations whose history has been studied have adopted gods which they have turned to and venerated.

(Even the communists nowadays who wanted to free themselves from the worship of gods – as they claimed – worship the founder of their Party, so you see them passing by his preserved body in Red Square on the anniversary of his death, bowing their heads in humility. They have made him a god; instead of worshipping the Creator of man they worship a dead man, may they perish!

Comment added by the author in the new, revised edition): This is what I wrote fifteen years ago. A few years ago the guards of communism destroyed their own Party and cast aside their leaders and they threw out the body of their founder just as they threw out their beliefs and ideas.)

It may be said at this point, “If turning towards Allah is something natural, then people would not have worshipped different gods at different times.”

The answer is, that the fitrah (natural instinct) calls man to turn towards his Creator, but man is surrounded by many other influences which make him deviate towards the worship of other gods.

Parents, writers, teachers and others instil into children’s minds ideas which change and contaminate this fitrah, placing a veil over the fitrah so that they are not able to turn towards the truth.

The Messenger :saw: stated that what we have referred to here is true. Bukhari and Muslim narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radhiyAllaahu anh) that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

“Every child is born in a state of fitrah, then his parents make him into a Jew or a Christian or a Magian.’”

(Bukhari, 3/245, hadeeth no. 1385; Muslim, 4/2047, hadeeth no. 2658)

- He did not say that they make him Muslim, because Islam is in accordance with the fitrah.

It may be said: “If we were to leave a child with no influences to affect is fitrah, would he turn out to be a monotheist, knowing his Lord?”

We say:

“If the devils among men leave him alone, and do not contaminate his fitrah”, but the devils among the jinn (shayaateen) will never leave him alone, as the Shaytaan made a vow that he would misguide the children of Adam:

(Iblees (Satan) said: ‘By Your Might, then I will surely, mislead them all, Except Your chosen slaves amongst them (i.e. faithful, obedient, true believers of Islamic Monotheism).’

(Qur’aan 38: 82-83)

The Shaytaan has been given the power to reach people’s hearts, as stated in the saheeh hadeeth:

“The Shaytaan flows in man like blood flows through his veins, and I fear that he may cast some evil – or he said, something – into both your hearts.”

(Muslim, 4/1712, hadeeth no. 2175)

The Qur’aan describes the Shaytaan, from whom we must seek refuge with Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala), as one who,

...Whispers into the hearts of mankind.

(Qur’aan 114: 5)

It is also true that every person has a hidden mate (qareen) from among the jinn who urges and encourages him to do evil. In the Qur’aan it says:

His companion (Satan-devil) will say: ‘Our Lord! I did not push him to transgression, (in disbelief, oppression, and evil deeds), but he was himself in error far astray.’

(Qur’aan 50: 27)

No can be safe from this unless he turns to Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) for refuge.

Say: ‘I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind, The King of mankind, The Ilaah (God) of mankind, From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one’s heart after one remembers Allah). Who whispers into the hearts of mankind. Of jinn and men.’

(Qur’aan 114: 1-6)

The shayaateen among the jinn play a major role in corrupting and contaminating human nature. It is reported in Muslim from ‘Iyaad ibn Himaar that the Messenger of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) addressed one day, and one of the things he said in his khutbah (address) was:

“My Lord has commanded me to teach you what you do not know of what He has taught me today: all the wealth that I have given to My slaves is halaal, and I created all of My slaves as haneefs (worshipping Allah Alone), then the shayaateen came to them and led them astray from their religion. They forbade them things that I had permitted for them, and commanded them to associate others in worship with Me for which I had not sent down any authority.”

(Muslim, 4/2197, hadeeth no. 2865)

Calamities Purify the Essence of the Fitrah

It is often the case that the veils covering the fitrah and preventing it from seeing the truth will be removed when calamity strikes or problems arise for which no help is forthcoming from any human being and there is no means of saving oneself. How many atheists have acknowledged their Lord and turned to Him when overwhelmed with calamity, and how many mushrikeen (idolaters and polytheists) have made their devotion solely for Allah alone when disaster strikes?

...Till when you are in the ships, and they sail with them with a favourable wind, and they are glad therein, then comes a stormy wind and the waves come to them from all sides, and they think that they are encircled therein. Then they invoke Allah, making their Faith pure for Him Alone, (saying): ‘If You (Allah) deliver us from this, we shall truly, be of the grateful.’

(Qur’aan 10: 22)

We have heard now airplane passengers turned to their Lord when their plane developed problems and started to shake and swing about in the air, and the pilot – let alone the passengers – was not able to do anything about it. Their atheism vanished and they were screaming prayers, and their hearts turned to their Lord in all sincerity. There was no room for shirk (polytheism) and atheism in the face of such a terrifying ordeal.
I hope the above explains what I hoped it would.

Thirdly and I don't want to pressure you at all, if it comes across this way then just say but I think you should state the testimony of faith as soon as possible. This is because a person does not know when death will strike him/her. Therefore if it were to happen when one had not said the testimony of faith then that is something dangerous to one's end in the Hereafter.

To say it, is easy although you need to ensure that you believe it firmly in your heart (if not, then please ask questions so that anything can be clarified):
'Ash-hadu an la ilaha illallahu wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadar- Rasulullah'

'I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad :saw: (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is His Messenger,
After this it means you are Muslim, Insha'Allaah (God willing) and can move onto learning in performing the prayer. The portion below should help in relation to what to say in prayer (it contains, Arabic text, transliteration, translation and audio for memorisation). Don't worry about memorising right now but just get used to what one is suppose to say in prayer.

I'm sure others will share a resource to learn the prayer that might be better.

Finally, if you have any questions then please feel free to open a new thread and ask them or you can ask them here. I'm sure you will receive a quick response. I think (Insha'Allaah - God Willing) you will find everyone here gentle and considerate.

Take care.

Abu Ameerah

Hi!

Hope you are well and doing fine always. If you are really 100% sure and ready to accept Islam as the true religion, I advise you not to wait until your fiance came back from Pakistan. You should SAY your SHAHADA immediately, because we don't know what will happen to us in an hour from now as we do not control our affairs - it is in the Hands of Allah. People are dying in every second and we don't know if it is our time - so, Please, say your SHAHADA and testify that there is no worthy of Worship but Allah and that Mohammad is his slave and the last Prophet of Allah. Prophet Mohammad (Peace be Upon Him) says that only a Believers of Islam will Enter Paradise. So don't delay your SHAHADA... Allah knows best....

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome to TTI, Samatha.

:salam2:
To all my bros and sisters in Islam.

Hi :)
Welcome to TTI, Samatha.
Glad to have you with us.

Be right here waiting to get the latest from you
when you come back to Islam
and call you sister.

Until then;