Help access scientific articles

maryjo

:salam2:

Does anyone know how to get access to scientific articles for free like sites such as: Science Direct or Elsevier

U either have to have a membership or pay for them.
I really appreciate ur help and th*!*!*!x

:salam2:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Are you part of a University or any other educational institution?

If so then visit the library and you should find that they probably subscribe to many of the reliable Scientific Journals to date, if you're a full time member you should be able to access them.

Seems obvious, sorry if you've already tried that.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

^ Sometimes I use that for simple searches, its not a substitute though and you should definitely still find out from the library if you haven't done so already.

wa-alaykum salam

maryjo

Thx friend!!! But ya i've tried those already lol, my university doesnt have subscriptions to anything-i think they are too cheap ;)
Pubmed is excellent but sometimes all they give u is an abstract; i was just wondering if anyone knew of a forum or such that offers such services!

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum.

ScienceDirect, PubMed, and others like that all require you to go through the university proxy.

However, I do know of one that has free registration and has quite a few research papers on it. It's mainly composed of review articles and editorials though. I use it a lot myself: www.medscape.com. Also, check at your university library, they can help out a lot.