HELP is the earth flat in the quran?

Wannabemuslim

Some non muslims gave me verses saying that the quran says the earth is flat i cut and pasted his argument here

13.03 and he it is who Spread Out, Extended (FLAT), the earth
15.19 and the earth we have stretched it out, SPREAD IT FLAT
20:53 he is, the one who made for you...the earth A CRADLE, A BED
43:10 he who made the earth A CRADLE for you, A FLAT RESTING PLACE
50:07 and the earth... how we have SPREAD IT OUT
71.19 and allah has made the earth A FLAT [open] EXPANSE for you
79.30 and after that he SPREAD OUT the earth: he MADE IT FLAT

Can some one help me here with these verses?

zahidbd

Similar question was asked on another forum. It was answered by the following:-

" One thing to keep in mind is that the Arabic word which is used in those verses is "Ard" which also means "land". If you look at the context of the verses, you'll see that it speaks of land.

For example, verse 71:19 is followed by verse 71:20 that goes as follows "'That ye may go about therein, in spacious roads.'". Also look at 43:10. It's pretty obvious from the context that it speaks of the land surface.

The word "Ard" is not always used in a fashion that denotes the Earth as a whole unit. For example, 15:19 it speaks of the land surface and the mountains. It calls attention to the immediate visible land which has been made flat so people could inhabit it instead of rocky or extremely uneven."

Wannabemuslim

:salam2:hmm, i think i won the debate he started spouing out random non sence about how facing the kaba means we think the earth is not round, as a reward for answering my question you can read his responce! Also he calls us islamics.

"FLAT___________________ means FLAT________________

further proven by the FACT that all islamics are to 'Face' their kaaba when they bow

That only works if you believe the earth is FLAT___________

for as the earth is a sphere, while 'facing' the kaaba you also have your BACK to it!"

LoL... I will post his other arguement now to

Wannabemuslim

Heres his other debate

"and do YOU also believe that mountains are 'Tent Pegs' to help Stop the earth Shaking when Nun the whale is thrashing around?

68:01 the god swears by the Nun which is the whale that carries the earths on its back on its back while in Water, and beneath which is the Bull and under the Bull is the Rock and under the Rock is the Dust and none knows what is under the Dust save Allah. The name of the whale is Liwash, and it is said its name is Lutiaya Al Jalalayn"

Perseveranze

http://www.answering-christianity.com/earth_round.htm

Heres his other debate

"and do YOU also believe that mountains are 'Tent Pegs' to help Stop the earth Shaking when Nun the whale is thrashing around?

68:01 the god swears by the Nun which is the whale that carries the earths on its back on its back while in Water, and beneath which is the Bull and under the Bull is the Rock and under the Rock is the Dust and none knows what is under the Dust save Allah. The name of the whale is Liwash, and it is said its name is Lutiaya Al Jalalayn"

What lol, where is that part? Honestly don't bother argueing with ignorants, no matter how you much logic you use to explain it to them, they'll continue to argue just to annoy you, some will move to another point or just move on to someone else who they think is dumber then them.

Wannabemuslim

http://www.answering-christianity.com/earth_round.htm

What lol, where is that part? Honestly don't bother argueing with ignorants, no matter how you much logic you use to explain it to them, they'll continue to argue just to annoy you, some will move to another point or just move on to someone else who they think is dumber then them.

:salam2: But there so funny to watch!:lol: but i think i pretty much got as sound as a victory in this "debate" as i can

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Allah swt made the earth egg-shaped.(round)

Some non muslims gave me verses saying that the quran says the earth is flat i cut and pasted his argument here

13.03 and he it is who Spread Out, Extended (FLAT), the earth
15.19 and the earth we have stretched it out, SPREAD IT FLAT
20:53 he is, the one who made for you...the earth A CRADLE, A BED
43:10 he who made the earth A CRADLE for you, A FLAT RESTING PLACE
50:07 and the earth... how we have SPREAD IT OUT
71.19 and allah has made the earth A FLAT [open] EXPANSE for you
79.30 and after that he SPREAD OUT the earth: he MADE IT FLAT

Can some one help me here with these verses?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:salam2:

:ma:

Brother.
Logicaly:
This meaning that the earth(the land) that we are walking on.
But the earth(shape) on the whole is round.

Allah swt made the earth egg-shaped.(round)(The Noble Quran,79:30 )"

"And We split the earth in fragments, (The Noble Quran, 80:26)"

"And when the earth is flattened out, (The Noble Quran, 84:3)"

"By the Earth and its (wide) expanse: (The Noble Quran, 91:6)"

"And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable; and produced therein all kinds of things in due balance. (The Noble Quran, 15:19)"

Muslim Scientists were first to recognize that the earth was round from the Noble Quran.
And foreign scientists had approved this too!

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Walking on earth(land) you can't feel the earth moving(except for the earthquake~May Allah swt forbid that)
When already majority knows that the earth rotate!!!

[yt]0m8xZyZ6qdw[/yt]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m8xZyZ6qdw&feature=related

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)