help with this ayah

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

i am having a little trouble understanding this ayah fully i read the tafseer but am still not able to grasp it, Could someone with knowledge explain

the main thing is that we know not all good women had good husband and vice versa, lut (as) and his wife, Asiya (ra) and her husband....

Chapter (24) sūrat l-nūr verse 26

24_26.png

Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.

JazakAllah khair

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asaalaam alaikum,

I am one with little knowledge but some sense. While you wait for other responses let's start with this:

The East Asian concept of ying-yang is a good one for helping us understand this. Often in the Quran a spouse is described as your raiment. It is harmony. It is the understanding of the true nature of your spouse.
You can not wear clothes that are ill-fitting. You can not live in peace with that which has a desire other than yours. A Believer wants to serve Allah, naturally his wife will have to have faith to match his. You can not have one that does not have faith.

If a container of milk is bad you do not add fresh milk to it. Like for like. The heart has to beat at the same time for the same end. Harmony.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

I did not understood quite well your question, but I guess you do not understand how Allah exaplines in this Ayah that those Muslims who are pious and good are for each other ( Husband and wife),and how in cases of Prophet Lut alayha salam and his wife was opposite.

It is only rulling and order from Allah dear brother. In the case of Prophet Lut alahya salam, he was married with his wife untill Allah has punished her together with other wrong-doers. And the same case was with Asiya who was married to Firaoun before accepting Islaam.

And Allah knows the best.

:wasalam:

MeGladder

Prophet Lut (A) , Asiya (A) were already married, and by Allah's will, they will be given good wife and husband respectively in the Paradise.

So, brother, this verse also relates to reward of Paradise. Start reading from the previous verse (24.25) to grasp it's meaning.

024.025 On that Day Allah will pay them back (all) their just dues, and they will realise that Allah is the (very) Truth, that makes all things manifest.

024.026 Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.

Al-Qur'an, 024.025-026 (An-Noor [The Light])

Here is also an excerpt from Tafsir Jalalayan.

* تفسير Tafsir al-Jalalayn
{ ٱلْخَبِيثَاتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَ وَٱلْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَاتِ وَٱلطَّيِّبَاتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَٱلطَّيِّبُونَ لِلْطَّيِّبَاتِ أُوْلَـٰئِكَ مُبَرَّءُونَ مِمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ }

Vile women, and [vile] words, are for vile men, and vile men for vile women, and the mentioned [vile words]. Good women, and as mentioned [good words], are for good men, and good men for good women, and the mentioned [good words], that is to say, what suits something vile is its like, and what suits something good is its like — such, good men and women, the like of ‘Ā’isha and Safwān, are absolved of what they say, [what] the corrupt men and women [say] about them. For them, for good men and women, will be forgiveness and a glorious provision, in Paradise. ‘Ā’isha felt honoured by some of the things [mentioned] in this [verse], namely, that she was created ‘a good woman’ and was promised ‘forgiveness and a glorious provision’.