Hero Chavez

Status
Not open for further replies.

eemaan1

:salam2:

IslamOnline.net & News Agencies

Ever since his decision to expel the Israeli ambassador, Chavez has become a celebrated household among Arabs and Muslims. (Reuters)

BETHLEHEM — Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is fast becoming a national hero for many Palestinians who feel betrayed and abandoned by Arab leaders in their hour of need.

"(He is) a symbol of the struggle for liberty, like Che Guevara," MP Mohammed al-Lahham told Agence France Presse (AFP) on Monday, January 12.

"This distinguishes him from the world's other presidents."

Chavez has decided to expel the Israeli ambassador from Venezuela in protest at Israel's three-week onslaught against the heavily-populated Gaza Strip, which has so far killed more than 905 people and wounded 4200 others.

Venezuela is also sending a humanitarian aid plane to the bombed-out coastal enclave, suffering severe food and medicine shortage because of a long-running Israeli blockade.

"This is the right reaction" said Mahmud Zwahreh, mayor of Al-Masar town in the West Bank city of Bethlehem.

Chavez has blasted the international community for not doing enough to stop the Israeli "Holocaust" against the Palestinian people in Gaza.

He slammed Israel as the "murder arm" of the US.

Chavez is Latin America's most prominent leftist leader and staunch foe of outgoing US President George W. Bush.

In a speech at the UN last year, he called Bush "the devil."

In 2006, Chavez withdrew his ambassador from Israel to protest its 34-day war against neighboring Lebanon which killed more than a thousand people, mostly women and civilians.

Our President

Ever since his decision to expel the Israeli ambassador, Chavez has become a celebrated household among Arabs and Muslims.

"Everyone here knows about him," notes Mayor Zwahreh.

He is now printing out as many portraits as he can of the Venezuelan president to hand out to pro-Gaza protesters.

"More and more people are coming to ask me for photos to carry during the demonstrations."

Chavez is also celebrated as a hero by Arabs and Muslims who cam out in their thousands to protest the Gaza offensive.

Venezuelan flags and his portraits could be seen lofted by demonstrators everywhere.

"I would like to be able to give Chavez a Palestinian passport so he could become a Palestinian citizen," said Zwahreh.

"Then we would elect him and he would become our president."

Iyad, who runs a shop near the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, agrees.

"Chavez is the best president. He always supports the Palestinians."

Assem, a shopkeeper, laments the lack of Arab and Muslim leaders with the same quality of leadership.

"He is better than Arab leaders. Jordan and Egypt should have also expelled their ambassadors," he said.

No Arab country has dared to take similar diplomatic measures against Israel over its war on Gaza.

"It is a real shame that we have no leaders like him."

Salaam,

Chavez is the epitome of a leader.

There is a hadith (I can't find it right now) that says there will be a time where Muslims will be weak even though there will be many of us. They will love this dunya (world) so much that they fear death. I believe this is what many of our so called "leaders" are going through. They can't let go of the this worldly life, their stomachs are filled with food and they worship money.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
Salaam,

There is a hadith (I can't find it right now) that says there will be a time where Muslims will be weak even though there will be many of us. They will love this dunya (world) so much that they fear death. I believe this is what many of our so called "leaders" are going through. They can't let go of the this worldly life, their stomachs are filled with food and they worship money.

easy there brother, our leaders are not to be publicly slandered (which is a serious matter) because they are only in power due to 'our' own failings in following the quran and sunnah and worshipping Allah correctly. if we the muslim ummah concentrated on our own setbacks and became upright then we will have upright leaders.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Salaam,

Here is the hadith:

Prophet Muhammad (P) is reported to have said, "The nations will gather against you like those who are invited to a feast while they are starving." The companions asked, "Is this going to occur when we will be few in number?" The messenger of Allah replied, "No, you will be in large numbers, but you will be like the foam that floats on the ocean. Your enemies will no longer fear you. The 'Waham' will be in your heart." They asked what is Waham, and He replied, "the love of this life and fear of death."

When NGO marched to US embassy in KL, one Lutheran Church also joined us and demo with us.

In my country, the parliment called for emergency sitting yesterday to discuss Gaza issue. First time in many years 100/100 of member of parliment from both side voted to condemn the Israeli atrocities. As usual each leaders took turn to give their trademark speech.

The one attracted me most is the speech by one opposition leader who is not a muslim: "The US Govt and George Bush deserve to have shoes thrown at them".

I would like to add, Rice and Tzipi Livni as well as her boss Ehud Olmert also deserve shoes to be thrown at them for their brutality against Palestinian until even babies not sparred by this women.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Salaam,

Chavez is not the eptiome of a leader. An epitome, is the best example.

No Muslim, should ever dare say such a thing. Especially to someone who cares nothing about Shariah. Someone who disbelieves in the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. Someone who has no care for Muslims!

He is still an epitome when he shakes Putin's hands? Or are the women who were raped in Chechnya have any less honour than our Muslim sisters in Palestine? Are the people of Kashmir who are abused by the Indian soldiers of any less honour than those abused in Palestine by the Jews?

The Prophet Muhammad :saw:, Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, they are epitome of Leaders! They are the leaders of the Muslims. We should want leaders who are Muslims, who follow the Quran and Sunnah, who command the good and forbid the evil. We should want ourselves, our families, and everyone around us to do that too.

Allah subhana wa ta'ala told us that the change comes from ourselves. Our Victories and failures are due to us, as an Ummah.

"Whatever calamity and misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your own hands have earned" (Soorah ash-Shooraa 42:30) and

"Whatever evil befalls you, it is from your own self" (Soorah an-Nisaa 4:79)

Are people, overcome by their emotions, so foolish as to ignore the words of Allah Subahan wa ta'aala ? Are we to say NO, to what Allah has told us, and continue in our arrogance to point finger of blame away, or to even say "stop lecturing us about tawheed"?

And remember Rasul Allah :saw: said, you will be with those you love. We must love our Lord Allah, love the Companions and the early Muslims, the Salaf Salih, for certainly our victory comes from adhering to that. Staying away from the enemies of Islam and the Ahlul Bid'ah.

As for ascribing a hadith, which is mentioned but not put, and stating that it is about the leaders, then this is a mistake. It is in general to all Muslims

Thawbaan radiallaahu 'anhu the freed slave of the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam. He related that the messenger of Allaah said: "The nations are about to call each other and set upon you, just as diners set upon food." It was said: "Will it be because of our small number that day?" He said: "Rather, on that day you will be many, but you will be like foam, like the foam on the river. And Allaah will remove the fear of you from the hearts of your enemies and will throw wahn (weakness) into your hearts." Someone said: "O Messenger of Allaah! What is Wahn?" He said: "Love of the world and the hatred for death."

Saheeh: Related by Abu Dawood (no.4297), Ibn 'Asaakir in Taareekh Dimashq (2/97/8) and others. It was authenticated by Imam al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no.958)

The next hadith:

The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "O Muhaajiroon!! You may be afflicted with five things. Allaah forbid that you should live to see them. (i) If fornication and adultery should become widespread, then you should know that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people which their forefathers never suffered. (ii) If people should begin to cheat in weighing out goods, you should realize that this has never happened without a drought and famine befalling the people and their rulers oppressing them. (iii) If people should withhold Zakaah, you should realize that this has never happened without the rain being stopped from falling; and were it not for the sake of the animals, it would never rain again. (iv) If people should break their covenant with Allaah and His Messenger, you should realize that this has never happened without Allaah sending an enemy against them to take some of their possessions by force. (v) If the leaders do not rule according to the book of Allaah, you should realize that this has never happened without Allaah making them into groups and making them fight one another."

People looking for answers in politics of the disbelievers, seeking alliance and love for them, speaking ill of the Muslim rulers due to their ignorance which is haram, and not looking for the right way that Islam teaches, this thread is closed.

‘Umar Radhiyallahu anhu said,
إنا لا ننتصر على عدوّنا بعددٍ ولا عدة، وإنما ننتصر بطاعتنا لله ومعصيتهم له، فإن عصينا الله فقد استوينا وإياهم في

المعصية، وكان لهم الفضل علينا

“We do not defeat our enemy through our great numbers and or sophisticated ammunitions, we defeat them through our obedience to Allaah and our enemies’ disobedience to Him. But when we disobey Allaah, we become like them in sins and they will then defeat us.”

assalamu alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.